No Trolling: Someone explain how being transgender isn't a mental disease?

BoogeyMan

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Blackness
If I identify as an ostrich, would people take me seriously?:heh:

This shyt highlights how easily society can be brainwashed.

Any other time, people are insane and lack low self esteem for wanting to be something else, but it's perfectly normal to put on a dress, cut off your dikk, and claim you're a woman :troll:

They said the normalization of this and homosexuality will lead to the normalization of other weird\sick things. You give these people an inch, they take it a mile. :sas2:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Per Wikipedia : A mental disorder, also called a mental illness[2] or psychiatric disorder, is a behavioral or mental pattern that causes significant distress or impairment of personal functioning

It’s not causing distress or impairment of physical impairment to the person so no it is not a mental illness. It might not be normalized behavior but I don’t think they should be pathologized

LMAO @ THINKIN THAT BEIN A TRANNY DOESNT CAUSE DISTRESS

Afrodroid

God bless Black People!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rio De Janeiro, BR
I don't view a transgered person the same as a gay person. I duno just because a man likes a man or a woman likes a woman that doesn't seem like a mental disease to me.

Not in Harlem :dame:

Question: How do you all feel about children whose parents let them identify as any gender? This is popular in some elementary schools, and I wanted to see what you all think

Their parents failed them and they're probably sicker than these children :gucci:

At this point, them whole family is doomed :scust:

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
Not in Harlem :dame:

Their parents failed them and they're probably sicker than these children :gucci:

At this point, them whole family is doomed :scust:
I don't agree with children doing this, but I also don't want to encourage bullying. It's a catch 22 but definitely a trend that is on the rise. Parents force their children to be non-binary and if you say anything, its harassment and your child can be accused of it too.

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I've listened to a few and I work with a few. Their lives are significantly harder for a number of reasons, and the ostracization by society, family, and their own internal struggles lead to depression and suicide. Is it a behavioral or mental pattern that causes significant distress or impairment of personal functioning, or is that depression partially caused by lack of access to healthcare, being relegated to sex work and other unsavory professions, and the vitriol received by family, loved ones, etc?

Regardless, I hesitate to group everyone of a demographic into something like this.

Question: How do you all feel about children whose parents let them identify as any gender? This is popular in some elementary schools, and I wanted to see what you all think
Couldn't you say the same exact thing about a drug problem or dual diagnosis?

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
My point is these people aren't of sound mind and I don't think they can do the best job. That's how it effects you. You think a man that wants to be a woman and dresses like a woman can do the best job for your child? You want this demon reading to your kids at a library?
Drag queens and transgenders are two different groups. The trans even had the drag queens banned from the Pride events.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
My point is these people aren't of sound mind and I don't think they can do the best job. That's how it effects you. You think a man that wants to be a woman and dresses like a woman can do the best job for your child? You want this demon reading to your kids at a library?

this was in michelle obama's school...you should have seen the plea copping over this on social media by these new "blavity" negroes

even SNOPES tried to juelz a little:mjlol:
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/drag-queen-library/

and this was last year, they're still doing it..it's the norm now:
'Drag Queen Story Hour' fills so quickly at Virginia library that waiting list started

they're just pushing things onto us without even giving us the option

they've got to it where they can pretty much do anything they want and if you oppose it, you'll be labeled a homophobe, and good luck in life with that label :francis:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I’m too scared to dabble into the discussion you’re trying to have here

But I will say, this is who the left/dems are replacing black folks with - we’re politically homeless and don’t realize it yet :francis:
Our problem is we think politications r our friends.

"Auntie Maxine' "Obezzy" and bullshyt like that

We were begging 4 Obama 2 get the job n for nothing 4 us

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
I have no dog in this fight but, I never understood what a person gains by not using the pronoun another person would prefer in describing themselves :dwillhuh:.

If a trans woman wants to be identified as, Ms. Thomas - what is it to you?
:hubie:
I dont like Rachal Dolezal calling herself black. I dont have a problem with her per say but I think black people should get to define that for ourselves. It will be problematic if we dont.

Likewise, I think men should get to say whose a man and who isnt for the same reasons.

There would be push back if we were trying to define women.

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
:hubie:
I dont like Rachal Dolezal calling herself black. I dont have a problem with her per say but I think black people should get to define that for ourselves. It will be problematic if we dont.

Likewise, I think men should get to say whose a man and who isnt for the same reasons.

There would be push back if we were trying to define women.

Why do you feel you have the right to define another persons sexuality? It’s their life, that isn’t impacting yours.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
Why do you feel you have the right to define another persons sexuality? It’s their life, that isn’t impacting yours.
That's what they're doing to us when they try to re-define man hood.
We have the right to define manhood because we are men.