No Trolling: Someone explain how being transgender isn't a mental disease?

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
I have no dog in this fight but, I never understood what a person gains by not using the pronoun another person would prefer in describing themselves :dwillhuh:.

If a trans woman wants to be identified as, Ms. Thomas - what is it to you?
I’m not calling a man that wears a wig a woman and vice versa :mjlol:

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
I’m not call others sexuality gender a disorder I’m calling transexuality and homosexuality a disorder.
I don’t know how some of you tie your shoes in the morning...

You do keep moaning and playing the victim. You’re mad that you feel “the media” calls you “a bigot, or worse.” Which is fukking stupid, especially considering the only ones being oppressed by the media in this situation are the lgbt community who was ostracized for decades. And on another note:

“I’m not attacking them, I’m just saying they have mental disorders. Which isn’t an attack, because I don’t consider those with disabilities as subhuman.”

Gee, how egalitarian of you. It doesn’t matter if you don’t think what you’re saying isn’t an attack. The fact is, some of these kids get put into facilities that try and make them “normal” because fukking idiots share the misguided idea that they have a disorder. If people would stop spreading these lies that the medical community hasn’t supported in 40+ years, those facilities wouldn’t exist. So when you say that shyt, no matter if you like it or not, you’re causing detrimental harm.

fukkyalifestyle

Superstar
Daps
Hunter Thompson filmed snuff films and gay people piss you off :heh:

Go see a therapist you fukking nut case :camby:
never said gay people piss me off but you must be a gay tranny the way you making shyt up and sucking your teeth in this thread. Yea do your research on hunter s. thompson, you definitely aren't that bright or educated.

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
never said gay people piss me off but you must be a gay tranny the way you making shyt up and sucking your teeth in this thread. Yea do your research on hunter s. thompson, you definitely aren't that bright or educated.
I hate people who make baseless claims and then tell the person “do your research” in an attempt to get other people to fall down their conspiracy rabbit hole.

For my amusement, I googled “hunter Thompson snuff film” and the first result called him “one of the Jews golden boys” and accused him of making a snuff film at bohemian grove

Take your anti-semitic, alt-right conspiracy theories all the way the fukk out of here you lunatic. :camby:

98Ntu

Peace ✌🏿
Daps
1st off props to you, because I know thats not easy.

But if you were in you manic state when it 1st started to manifest and you believed that you should be a man or a woman or whatever and you struggled with that for years decades even and then found a group of other people that identified with that, only to have people come along and be like uhhh yeah "this is a mental issue" you'd be like wtf no its not look at us.

It went from let them live not hurting me :hubie: to demanding more representation and acceptance by all.

Its just weird to me how its all handled. (actually not really)

I hear you. But everyone wants to be seen and heard. Transgender people deserve to be heard and understood. They also deserve deserve to have their experiences on the big screen and on TV and in magazines. They aren’t hurting anyone. Do I feel the movement has flaws and goes overboard. Yes definitely. We could talk about those for days. Nothing is above criticism.

But for the most part the average transsexual is just trying to get by. Ignore the Caitlin Jenner types who are just chasing clout and trying to encourage controversy.

Gender identity is a complex field that people really know little about but with trans people are generally harmless, stable and morally neutral people like most humans.

98Ntu

Peace ✌🏿
Daps
you can address both but again, putting them on the same level of importance is ridiculous. trans people are committing suicide due to their internal struggles

google "sex change regret". these people aren't killing themselves due to bullying.

Bullying and social ostraciziation is a large part of it. But you are right. The therapies and chemical treatments for transgender transitions and experiences are inadequate imo. The societal way we deal with transgender identity is imperfect and must be refined. Yet a mixture of suicide prevention and normalization is needed.

Sex change regret is real too. I don’t disagree at all. Detransitioning is real and more frequent phenomena, but again I feel trans people are being exploitable by the medical industry. There’s a lot to deal with in the realm of trans issues but ultimately we can do multiple things at once to both improve the lives of trans people and how they are perceived