NO TROLLING: I fail to see how BOTW is a 10/10 when it has all the flaws of open world games

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Impeccable gameplay

Enormous open world where you can go anywhere at any time...

You can play it as linear as you want or as open as you want...and the more linear you play it the better you have to be at it...

Game makes you feel like you can do anything...

Complaining about the story is :mjlol:...its fukking zelda...how could you NOT know the fukking story by now :mjlol:

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
For me its a 7/10, easily worth a purchase - with a few warnings. The weapon durability shtick is a huge let down. Probably the dumbest move they could've implemented in the game. Sure you get more than one, but if you have a fav, you more than likely will save it for a boss or group. Horse riding is very lame, and slow, and a lot of open world....wherein not a lot gets done. Aside from not many side quests, the combat is boring, Twilight Princess is far more attractive in this field, but they also had wolf combat so its kind of unfair.

Keep in mind that people reviewing this, bought a very useless tech demo of a system only to have one game worthy of purchase...so rose colored glasses and all that.

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
I was hype playing it but eventually I seen everything it had to offer. Game lacks in enemy variety, all you ever find exploring are korok seeds and shrines and eventually they start bleeding into each other. The dungeons are butt cheeks and that's the main reason I play Zelda games. The camel was dope but the rest ehh

Up until I got bored I was thinking it might be GOAT. The wack dungeons is a huge minus to me

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
everyone insulting ops intelligence but it just makes his point even stronger :mjpls:

Zelda been aigggghhhtttt since like Twilight Princess. I have no idea how acclaimed it is other than its nintendo and we need a reason to play our piece of shyt consoles.

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
People complaining about weapon durability are dumb

Here4Lauryn

Banned
Daps
People complaining about weapon durability are dumb

Exactly. In exploring the world you will find other replaceable weapons, and even greater weapons. You can also take the weapons of enemies, and use them. The complaints really just have to be from people who prefer to play games where things are handed to them.

If you are beating someone wth a stick, what's the probability that the stick will never break? There is an increased probability that it will break than it not breaking. The game imitates real life more in regard to weapon durability.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
I was hype playing it but eventually I seen everything it had to offer. Game lacks in enemy variety, all you ever find exploring are korok seeds and shrines and eventually they start bleeding into each other. The dungeons are butt cheeks and that's the main reason I play Zelda games. The camel was dope but the rest ehh

Up until I got bored I was thinking it might be GOAT. The wack dungeons is a huge minus to me
if they had just 5 reg dungeons it woulda been way better so i feel u on that part and unique bosses i didnt really care bout the clone ganons

The Plug

Daps
:stopitslime:There's plenty of reason to dislike it.

It's more preference though I get why some people don't mind it.
You can dislike it but it doesn't stop you from being dumb. Again, breath of the wild tries it's best to step away from the broken parts of recent open world games in the past 10 years.

Remember how in the Witcher 3, your Witcher set weapons and armor are the best in the game and you need nothing else? Or how in Skyrim, farming and crafting is so easy and broken that you can make an op weapon in your first hour and run through most of the game with it until you make your next op weapon? Yeah.

If this game had no durability system, people would rush to get the master sword and run through most of the game.

These videos are on the subject

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Nothing at the moment :manny:

I already discussed this in another thread. Waiting on Mario Kart, NBA 2K, Madden and FIFA.
I'm in the same boat

This thing definitely suffered by not having any 3rd party ports day one or WiIu ports

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Or how in Skyrim, farming and crafting is so easy and broken that you can make an op weapon in your first hour
you can make some OP weapons, but not in "your first hour". not to mention you're really gonna need to be following some sort of guide to make a beeline to OP weapons

The Plug

Daps
you can make some OP weapons, but not in "your first hour". not to mention you're really gonna need to be following some sort of guide to make a beeline to OP weapons
Yes in your your first hour, Skyrim is very open like breath of the wild but it doesn't have systems that made sense unlike breath of the wild.

You don't need a guide to know how to craft, the game teaches that.

I mean look at the responses in here. you dumb if you don't like breaking weapons :mjlol: Nintendo fanboys wild.
Y'all some casuals:yeshrug:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Yes in your your first hour, Skyrim is very open like breath of the wild but it doesn't have systems that made sense unlike breath of the wild.

You don't need a guide to know how to craft, the game teaches that.

Y'all some casuals:yeshrug:

I've literally won regional tournaments for fighting games and still win locals regularly. You the casual :hhh: