NO TROLLING: I fail to see how BOTW is a 10/10 when it has all the flaws of open world games

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Yes in your your first hour, Skyrim is very open like breath of the wild but it doesn't have systems that made sense unlike breath of the wild.

You don't need a guide to know how to craft, the game teaches that.
breh, I've played the game a lot. and I've definitely gone into it knowing how to grind quickly to a powerful weapon. but it's gonna take more than an hour to grind up your Smithing, especially now that they've patched the quicker ways. and you really need to also grind Enchantment and Alchemy to make a truly OP weapon

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
breh, I've played the game a lot. and I've definitely gone into it knowing how to grind quickly to a powerful weapon. but it's gonna take more than an hour to grind up your Smithing, especially now that they've patched the quicker ways. and you really need to also grind Enchantment and Alchemy to make a truly OP weapon

I was exaggerating a bit

I've literally won regional tournaments for fighting games and still win locals regularly. You the casual :hhh:
:ohhh:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Not finished yet but I have no problem giving it an easy 8.5/10, might hit 9

It's a radical change for Zelda in a lot of good ways, but still has the same fetchy repetitiveness as many open world games and kinda runs like ass on TV Mode

Annoying choices like not having a button mapping to quickly drop a weapon or shield, lack of button mapping, the process of cooking not being faster...

Still a great game tho, top tier Zelda :yeshrug:

Last edited:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
It's a quest game at its finest. It's their first dip into a new change for Zelda, and it was a nice transition. It was a stepping ground, not all their eggs in the basket for the first open world set. My only complaint is no classic style dungeons.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
This thread isn't about BOTW vs Horizon
Yes it is you clown. Your entire MO for making this thread is very transparent. No one that i know that started playing this game would create an angry thread like this one. This actually makes me even doubt you purchased the game and instead are in here trying to push an agenda.

BOTW is better in every aspect than Horizon, save graphics. Deal with it.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Yes it is you clown. Your entire MO for making this thread is very transparent. No one that i know that started playing this game would create an angry thread like this one. This actually makes me even doubt you purchased the game and instead are in here trying to push an agenda.

BOTW is better in every aspect than Horizon, save graphics. Deal with it.
You never played Horizon

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm about 20 hours in cause I didn't start playing this until I finished up Horizon.

But BOTW is the shining example of fans and media overrating Nintendo cause we want so much for them to be great

Just like Other Open world games BOTW

Story lacks urgency, focus and takes a beach seat to the world

Archaic fetch side quest

Climbing towers to open the map

Time padding collect thons( millions of korok seeds)

Having to constantly pause the game & browse through menus

No sense of progression sense I have all the skills at the start.

Lack of enemy variety

And last but not least the lack of music and atmosphere in the open world really brings the game to drag at times
I finished the game(90 hours, did the 4 main "dungeons" and beat Ganon) in July.

I agree, the game is good but it's not THAT great.

I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10.

I'd give Mario Odyssey a 8.6/10 too. Great game but something is slightly off about it. I think the thousands of moons the game have made it kind of bleh.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I finished the game(90 hours, did the 4 main "dungeons" and beat Ganon) in July.

I agree, the game is good but it's not THAT great.

I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10.

I'd give Mario Odyssey a 8.6/10 too. Great game but something is slightly off about it. I think the thousands of moons the game have made it kind of bleh.

I beat Zelda this past spring. It’s a good game

Mario Odyssey is great on its own but I don’t know how great a game it is in this age when you compare it to other things

What I’m saying is that it’s impossible for a MO to be GOTY and yeah the amount of moons are a big problem

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I disagree it's only overhyped if you played it after the fact.

It's an amazing game and probably one of my most fun gaming experiences in the last two years.

This and GOW4 to be exact

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I disagree it's only overhyped if you played it after the fact.

It's an amazing game and probably one of my most fun gaming experiences in the last two years.

This and GOW4 to be exact
I copped it on release cause I preordered it and that shyt was boring as fukk to me. Lol. It's not a bad game by any stretch but it def wasnt that great. One of my least favorite Zelda games if we being honest.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
I don't think a game has to be absolutely perfect to get a 10. But I do think this is more like a 9