NO TROLLING: I fail to see how BOTW is a 10/10 when it has all the flaws of open world games

Daps
Reppin
Old School Players to New School Fools
I bought a PS4 and bought and played Lord OF War and The Last Of Us. 20 hours on each..
All it’s done is make me truly believe that BOTW isn’t just miles better than these games.. it could be the best of all time.

In fact when BOTW gets 97 on metacritic and Lord Of War gets 94..
The gulf is really like Zelda is a game changer and life experience but Lord Of War is just a very good quality video game.

Odyssey btw, gets better when you go back to it and try to get all the purple coins ..

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Maybe some folks feel a way about a game that any "flaws" they find aren't enough to dock it. Stop trying to find reasons to dismiss reviews for games you don't feel a way about. Y'all always do this; a game y'all not hyped about gets really good scores and then the conspiracies come out and the games that score less are actually way better and it's just "cacs mad" :russell:

The game can be a 10 to one person and a 5 to someone else. No amount of fancy buzzwords and verbiage will change that. You're just copy and pasting things you heard from other games and throwing them onto Zelda because reasons.

Well well well :mjgrin:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I don't think a game has to be absolutely perfect to get a 10. But I do think this is more like a 9
I think everyone agrees with this but a game can’t have rge same flaws that people cite to give games 8s and 9s and then act like the game is perfect

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I disagree it's only overhyped if you played it after the fact.

It's an amazing game and probably one of my most fun gaming experiences in the last two years.
It's one of the best games I've ever played. I'm not that big on open world games but I loved it. It's the kind of game you can just spend hours exploring and experimenting with stuff and the time just flies. The whole design of the game is genius. It's a modular title where you can play as much or as little of it as you wish and customize your own plot experience. The puzzles are fun and some of them have some pretty interesting solutions. I've seen some solved in ways I'd never think of.

It also very much is that game that you had to play pure to fully appreciate. Some stuff gets tarnished by hype and if you experience it before the hype you fully appreciate it but after the hype you're looking at it differently. When people see something hyped up they almost want to bring it down. Thing is that hype was built up by people that played the game untarnished by hype. They went in pure and experienced something great and came out the other end gushing about it.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
You hate quiet shyt in general.

Nas albums, Zelda games, etc.

you shouldn't go out of your way to pursue something that's had a decidedly peaceful vibe for over 20 years. It ain't for you. Doesn't mean it ain't 10/10

Chase fukkery videogames only

That's like someone saying Tito's vodka is GOAT, and i say it's trash, but I don't even drink. I got no business discussing the rating

"10/10" isn't the same as "For Everyone"

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
You hate quiet shyt in general.

Nas albums, Zelda games, etc.

you shouldn't go out of your way to pursue something that's had a decidedly peaceful vibe for over 20 years. It ain't for you. Doesn't mean it ain't 10/10

Chase fukkery videogames only

That's like someone saying Tito's vodka is GOAT, and i say it's trash, but I don't even drink. I got no business discussing the rating

"10/10" isn't the same as "For Everyone"
:dahell: I beat the game tho

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Breath of the wild feels like the template for a perfect zelda game but just missed the mark. The weapon durability system is complete trash. I hate that you can break quite a few weapons fighting a single group of enemies. The lack of real dungeons was a terrible creative decision and the shrines were not a very good replacement for them. It's an easy 8 at most but far from a perfect 10 like people claim imo.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
The biggest thing it has going for it; is the unique puzzle solving. Thinking obtusely or on the fly can actually get shyt done in the game.

-Weapon/break system is lame even when you get the master sword.

-Enemies are brain dead.

-This story isn't that appealing to me...I mean the biggest plot twist, is that Link and Zelda plan to rebuild Hyrule....again, because Hyrulians are ulimtately dumb and didn't learn the first time.

Twilight Princess this is not, there's zero heart in the game. Besides that the gameplay is fun, and while not anything new if you play any games in the genre, its fun to do it with Link.

Its definitely an 8/10 game with the Nintendo push. Nothing beats TP in my book. Great story, fun gameplay, solid memorable characters, and Wolf Link...nothing so far, is topping wolf link.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
what I hate about open world is that I have to go pick fights if I want some immediacy. botw consistently keeps me busy enough to not have to do that... just trying not to get taken out by the environment. really makes all the difference in the world no pun intended

Last edited:

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
BOTW could've been the GOAT Zelda imo, but the main story segments after the Zora one were just :ehh:. The Zora Beast was the only one that felt like a real dungeon. They did the open world and side quests aspect great, but the main story needed some work and time. If the whole main story was as good as the Zora segment it'd be the GOAT Zelda easy.