No Troll: Why is the PS4 considered a next gen console? What can you do that you couldnt on PS3?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
And PS4 has all the features of the Xbox except snap and I think some random NFL functionality

They have talked about the share button, but we don't know if it will be as advanced as the "upload studio" where basically everyone has their own video channel.

They don't have espn or nfl

They don't have an hdmi in port to allow voice/motion navigation of your cable box

They don't have a built in IR blaster that will allow you to control your entire living room with your voice

They don't have cloud support that allows devs to enhance games such as COD with dedicated servers
They don't have voice/facial recognition

They don't have unlimited hardrive space in the cloud

And ps4 can't multitask, so the UI will be slower to jump between functions.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
I don't follow. Plus do you know what it will take for them to fail?
Well they got a pretty good start on it
gMEWkT2.png

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Thats not even it. If he needs to use guides, it is what it is. :yeshrug:

The really pathetic part is that he needs them but doesnt use em because he's too lazy to get up and grab his phone, which is apparently perpetually lost in the clutter of his living space :dahell:
:comeon: son 99% of the tech features we use are there simply to allow us to be lazier. Why is this a problem when it comes to Xbox?

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They are prepared to sell far less consoles than Sony and make more money. Hence why they didn't care if you had online and never planned on it coming to different countries.

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They have talked about the share button, but we don't know if it will be as advanced as the "upload studio" where basically everyone has their own video channel.

They don't have espn or nfl

They don't have an hdmi in port to allow voice/motion navigation of your cable box

They don't have a built in IR blaster that will allow you to control your entire living room with your voice

They don't have cloud support that allows devs to enhance games such as COD with dedicated servers
They don't have voice/facial recognition

They don't have unlimited hardrive space in the cloud

And ps4 can't multitask, so the UI will be slower to jump between functions.

But xbox live won't give you free last gen games with the online service

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
I don't know about you but this is a big convenience for me i can't count how many times i was playing a game and needed a guide but said fukk it cause i didn't feel like looking for my phone.

Xbox has all those features except the touchpad controller and the remote play.

Guides in 2013 :russ: And you dont feel like looking for your phone? Its not on you?

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
I've been on the fence, but looking at both consoles, the PS4 is just a PS3 with updated graphics.

Kinect 2.o sounds really interesting to me, just the control options and gameplay things it offers, mo-capping your own scenes and adding custom voiceovers is something never done before in gaming.

Then being able to snap apps while in games, from ESPN, to HBO Go, that is something new that adds so much more convenience to gaming.

I just don't see the selling point on PS4 besides better graphics. This is supposed to be the next gen not just a half step up from the last one

Honestly who in God's name would want to do that? Have 20 apps going on while your gaming? What is the purpose of having Game of thrones playing while your on COD?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:beli:So now Sony fans don't look at guides, since ps4 can't show them.
most gamers don't look at guides, which is why games stopped being shipped with them. last of us comes with a digital guide that i've never used. are games that hard for adults?