No Troll: Why is the PS4 considered a next gen console? What can you do that you couldnt on PS3?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Dont answer my question with a question. Tell me what logical reason I would have to watch NBA while I play Halo?

Lakers getting blown out so I turn on halo.

Kobe gets hot and they start coming back xbox gives me a notice, and I snap the game to watch him take over the 4th quarter.

As the quarter ends I tell the Xbox to start matchmaking so as soon as the game is over I can jump right into a mp match

Without the Xbox multitasking feature I would have missed the end of the game and had to watch the highlights in the morning.

Not a huge deal, but anything that enhances your experience is a good thing..... Right?

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
They are prepared to sell far less consoles than Sony and make more money. Hence why they didn't care if you had online and never planned on it coming to different countries.
Lol if they didnt care they wouldnt have switched up their entire business model to beg people to take them back. Just have to see now if they can convince enough battered wives to give them one mo chance.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:smh:

These nikkas salty word to that Ryse video. :laff:

keep-on-truckin.jpg

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Kobe gets hot and they start coming back xbox gives me a notice, and I snap the game to watch him take over the 4th quarter.

Without the Xbox multitasking feature I would have missed the end of the game and had to watch the highlights in the morning.

Not a huge deal, but anything that enhances your experience is a good thing..... Right?

That's unnecessary with my ps4. I'll listen to the game on the radio while I play then I won't miss any of it. Then after the game I'll play some free Vita games.

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol if they didnt care they wouldnt have switched up their entire business model to beg people to take them back. Just have to see now if they can convince enough battered wives to give them one mo chance.

Its more about the Vendors than it is the people. They know they had a great strategy with going digital. But you can't cut out gamestop, walmart, and bestbuy cause they wouldn't sell the console anymore. Their business model was to make a dope system. Allow all types of sharing knowing that they will make their money back from advertisements. Using the mandatory Kinect to tailor ads to each person. That's their revenue. If they sell half the consoles they'll still win off that. So yeah they want you to have your console on all the time and generate money. This is cheap exploitation my guess is that at some point they will make people want to have their console on all the time. We all will complain about it... but Sony is going to do it too. They are just slow.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Its more about the Vendors than it is the people. They know they had a great strategy with going digital. But you can't cut out gamestop, walmart, and bestbuy cause they wouldn't sell the console anymore. Their business model was to make a dope system. Allow all types of sharing knowing that they will make their money back from advertisements. Using the mandatory Kinect to tailor ads to each person. That's their revenue. If they sell half the consoles they'll still win off that. So yeah they want you to have your console on all the time and generate money. This is cheap exploitation my guess is that at some point they will make people want to have their console on all the time. We all will complain about it... but Sony is going to do it too. They are just slow.
:snooze:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps

As the quarter ends I tell the Xbox to start matchmaking so as soon as the game is over I can jump right into a mp match

Can you provide proof of these scenarios occurring? /I mean what you say "Xbox let me know when Kobe and the Lakers come back from down 20 in the fourth" and it automatically interprets that. If so that's amazing but sounds a little to good to be true. And even so, you're in a closely contested tdm and you just drop out to watch the game. Sounds like a fun online experience:mjpls: That other shyt at the end was riddikk fan boy nonsense I won't ever address

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
having kinect spy on your conversation and identify products you've purchased just to target advertise to you is fukkED UP, why are you bragging about that feature like it's a good thing

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
having kinect spy on your conversation and identify products you've purchased just to target advertise to you is fukkED UP, why are you bragging about that feature like it's a good thing

I'm not bragging about it. Its good business. My phone does it all the time. So does my email. I don't think I look at advertisements. I doubt it can say oh he said mountain dew... but if it does. that would be amazing. are we worried about them or the NSA? Its shady but it doesn't work if people don't want to use it... I'm interested to see if they make you want to use it.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not bragging about it. Its good business. My phone does it all the time. So does my email. I don't think I look at advertisements. I doubt it can say oh he said mountain dew... but if it does. that would be amazing. are we worried about them or the NSA? Its shady but it doesn't work if people don't want to use it... I'm interested to see if they make you want to use it.
your phone doesnt spy on conversations and text messages just to advertise shyt to you later. as for email, i don't know what kinda fukked up free email service you're using but luckily mine doesn't pull that type of shyt.

Snitchin Splatter

Working With The Feds
Daps
Reppin
Confidential Informants

Hell, even THIS website does it. Target ads based on your browsing preferences. How many nikkas about to stop using the Coli now :mjpls:

By Playstanleys logic none of them should be using a cellphone, or even a computer for that matter, because they're both devices with cameras that can track your data and target ads specifically to you, so of course that means they're spying on you 24/7

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Can you provide proof of these scenarios occurring? /I mean what you say "Xbox let me know when Kobe and the Lakers come back from down 20 in the fourth" and it automatically interprets that. If so that's amazing but sounds a little to good to be true. And even so, you're in a closely contested tdm and you just drop out to watch the game. Sounds like a fun online experience:mjpls: That other shyt at the end was riddikk fan boy nonsense I won't ever address

The espn app already gives you notices when big things happen. As does the nfl Redzone app.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
The espn app already gives you notices when big things happen. As does the nfl Redzone app.

Push notifications like on all phones and tablets? You mean you can't actually command the xbox to notify you if Kobe is going 10/11 in the fourth like you implied?