“No tangibles, No vote” doesn’t make any sense in the current political landscape.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Anything in the last 50 years for black people:mjlol:?

Thats like Republicans bringing up the emancipation proclamation or the Reconstruction Act. Those republicans arent these republicans,and neither are these Dem.

And I agree,voting for Republicans isnt an option. Democrats simply arent giving us an option to vote for them,due to their inaction. #Bothsides doesnt explicitly say not to vote. It says dont vote without getting something to vote for. Why arent we asking why the Democrats arent giving us an agenda or plan of any sorts for black people? What are the counter measures for all these expected coordinated attacks on black people?Attacks that could happen whether Democrats are in power or not,like they have been through the legal system. Its a sad state of affairs if this is too much to ask:respect:?
There's always been policies and proposals they just can't get passed.

Why don't we ask the republicans to do something for us

actually we did with Ice Cube's Platinum plan same thing it was proposed and not acted on.

I think the coli doesn't seem to understand how politics work to build a bridge requires much debate and planning after they get the votes, How do they they get the votes?

MONEY and lots of it.

Trump s the Clay Davis of politics give him some money and he'll listen to you. I guess that's what people like about Trump he's honest He WANTS YOUR MONEY!!!

The fact that the #buildthatwall guy who ran on getting immigrants out cummuted the sentance of Bill Kapri AKA KODAK BLACK a guy who can't be deported because he's one of them born tethers

Kodak was suspected of raping a white 15 year old in South Carolina and Trump commuted his sentance turns out Black's lawyer just happens to be a paid member of Trump's Doral golf course.

Black people need to stop acting for welfare handouts and give up the money.

Gays got the word fakkit banned Eddie Murphy had a whole section of his comedy album using that word can't do that no more why Because they got on code and got their money up to support what they wanted and punish those who opposed them.

Until Black people agree on something they want AND PUT THE MONEY UP it's best to just #Dontvote

The Black vote doesn't matter anyway most Black people live in deep Blue cites I guess if Black people in rural areas down south really voted maybe they could turn the MS River valley blue but that's about it.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
OP was an admitted Trump supporter for years :ohhh:

What changed :wow:

You know how some people like to appear cool and above it all, unaffected by what everyone else is crying about..they'll make light of a serious situation and try prove they're tough and can withstand whatever forces you throw at them..
Hence why they downplay the severity of trumps first term. If you complain you're some weak bytch.

But they realize the jokes over and a very real possibility of a Trump return has them shook..
Trump didn't give a fukk if your mother was dying of covid, his ego mattered more. Told people to drink bleach and swallow an led light. They realize such management and leadership is very lethal.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
a vote for biden might result in:

- a substantial leap forward
- an incremental step forward
- no measurable change to the present condition of black america.

abstaining from voting or casting a ballot for trump might lead to:

- a marked decline in the mobility of black people
- increased persecution by a militarized police force given free rein to harm black people
- a court system filled with judges that will always rule to the detriment of black america.

seems like, if you are a black man or woman concerned with the welfare of our people, it’s a no brainer. i’m off that “no tangibles, no vote” movement. it might have made sense when the republican party was centre right.

but in the face of trump and project 2025, it’s dumb and self-destructive.

:francis:
Wrong. The open border is all negative for Black America. Politically, financially, physically. All bad
This was true the last time Trump got elected and maga coverts Tariq were pushing no vote. Tangibles got lost not gained since. Who wants to run that practical experiment again? If you do you should register for a civics course. There's a long con game here and it's already at play. It's been advertised since day one. Rolling back time... Make America "great" for white people again.
Wrong. You can't lose something you never had.
Correct

Question is where do black people go from here even if Biden wins? 1st and 2nd generation East Indian/Hispanic immigrants are taking names while millennial/gen-z black people are sucked into hyper-individualism. And its not just tradcon "everything was better in the 50's" right wing white dudes pushing the propoganda
s7bgykn.png

Black Boomers like Clyburn see the boomerang of Civil Rights legislation gained in the 60's only to be lost now, and could care less. His top concerns are getting Biden back in so his grandkids are set up for political positions in the future while blacks in his district stagnate. Whether or not people agree/disagree with my stances, they see the hate for blacks on Alt-Right twitter and the c00npologizing for people like Ryan Garcia and Lilly Gaddis and its not going to get better. The average Democrat in Washington looks the other way the same way they look at whats going on in the Middle East.

I am not scared of a 2nd Trump term or Project 2025 but we need to be calculated either way. Biden can't keep us safe, that man kneeled for Floyd then pushed through real legislation for Asians, and more recently overreaching legislation for Israel. People don't want to hear this but I doubt we will see a change until another ugly Civil Rights Movement. The stuff that happened summer of 2020 is 10% of what we needed to make real progress.
giphy.gif

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anybody voting Republican or talmbout #bothsides who isn't white or rich is a moron.

I could list the top ten evil things Republicans have done most recently but, it's easier to call you dumb because there's no way you're paying attention to politics and coming away saying both sides are the same.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Anybody voting Republican or talmbout #bothsides who isn't white or rich is a moron.

I could list the top ten evil things Republicans have done most recently but, it's easier to call you dumb because there's no way you're paying attention to politics and coming away saying both sides are the same.
People say both sides are the same because regardless of who's in office or who has a majority in Congress black economic growth is in a downward trend and nothing is being done to address this by either side.

Last edited:

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Wrong. You can't lose something you never had.

giphy.gif

That’s not true. Just because it’s not specific to black people, doesn’t mean it’s not a tangible.

The republicans are trying to stop Medicare, Social Security, and the affordable care act.
That’s not some boogeyman scare tactic, they say that’s what they want to do in project 2025.

Aren’t you from Baltimore? That’s a majority black city. What do you think will happen to the black people in Bmore, your parents, grand parents, and aging family members if all those programs get cut?

If they break a hip, have a heart attack or stroke, or don’t save for retirement it’s a wrap unless you can afford to take care of them out of pocket.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
It never made sense. I will concede that there was a time black progress stagnated and it was frustrating because democrats always had the black vote, so it may have been a strategy to employ selectively.

But most people aren't employing it selectively.

Trump ain't Bob Dole or Mitt Romney. Think it's a game if you want. The only people left talking that shyt weren't gonna vote anyway, in a single issue suicide pact, or undercover Trunp supporters.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Vote for Biden if you want but I think if he doesn't drop out he lost anyway. It's as wasted a vote as 3rd party after his debate performance.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
a vote for biden might result in:

- a substantial leap forward
- an incremental step forward
- no measurable change to the present condition of black america.

abstaining from voting or casting a ballot for trump might lead to:

- a marked decline in the mobility of black people
- increased persecution by a militarized police force given free rein to harm black people
- a court system filled with judges that will always rule to the detriment of black america.

seems like, if you are a black man or woman concerned with the welfare of our people, it’s a no brainer. i’m off that “no tangibles, no vote” movement. it might have made sense when the republican party was centre right.

but in the face of trump and project 2025, it’s dumb and self-destructive.

:francis:

:laff:

I can picture y'all 80 years ago.

"WHY are you marching? Don't you know they got dogs out there?" - Coli poster circa 1944

For a serious response.
Black Wealth wealth and social mobility has been under assault for a while now and social mobility has
been largely frozen across racial lines. You can find this information pretty easily:

Social Mobility for Black boys

Biden's own "Safer America" Plan increased funding for the police force.
Police forces already drunk off of huge funding and increasingly fascistic approaches
to dealing with the public:

Biden's Safer America

The court system usually rules to the detriment of Black America, this has existed
the entire country's history, literally from day one when George Washington was living
like the landed gentry of Britain.

Last edited: