“No tangibles, No vote” doesn’t make any sense in the current political landscape.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
my-boy-massacred.gif

They Roland Martin'd that boy SMH.
:wow:
But Bothsides can't stop won't stop.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
a vote for biden might result in:

- a substantial leap forward
- an incremental step forward
- no measurable change to the present condition of black america.

abstaining from voting or casting a ballot for trump might lead to:

- a marked decline in the mobility of black people
- increased persecution by a militarized police force given free rein to harm black people
- a court system filled with judges that will always rule to the detriment of black america.

seems like, if you are a black man or woman concerned with the welfare of our people, it’s a no brainer. i’m off that “no tangibles, no vote” movement. it might have made sense when the republican party was centre right.

but in the face of trump and project 2025, it’s dumb and self-destructive.

:francis:
This was true the last time Trump got elected and maga coverts Tariq were pushing no vote. Tangibles got lost not gained since. Who wants to run that practical experiment again? If you do you should register for a civics course. There's a long con game here and it's already at play. It's been advertised since day one. Rolling back time... Make America "great" for white people again.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
no one got to me. i’ve just spent the past couple of months reading a lot of literature about the forces marshaling around trump, asking myself if my “no tangibles, no vote” stance was a practical position to take in the face of said threat. i no longer believe it is a sound strategy in the present environment.

it only welcomes greater harm to a community that is already grievously vulnerable.

don’t get it it twisted, though. i am not team democrat or team biden, under no circumstances. i do, however, believe it is tactically prudent to vote for biden in november.

there is no other choice if you are concerned with the state of black america. staying home will only benefit nazis who are on the verge of taking over the government.

So in other words,THIS TIME,it isnt just fear mongering. And it really is the most important election of our lifetime:mjlol:?

Sounds like you have sadly fallen for the okey doke. Making a vote for the status quo which is the same lateral move as usual. If its that important,why wont the Dems do the right thing? I havent even seen them really go after the black vote outside of the occasional appearance in a rap video,or bottle of hotsauce antics they typically do. So they even seem less pressed than usual. They must have the utmost confidence in Manuela and Raul,and this should also scare you. You wanting to "put a pin in it" and try the No Vote No Tangibles at a later date,might not be an option. But everyone should do what they can live with. I suspect you will be on the wrong side of history with this one:respect:

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
So in other words,THIS TIME,it isnt just fear mongering. And it really is the most important election of our lifetime:mjlol:?

Yeah

I mean the Supreme Court has been showing us the past few years what happens when the republicacs get their ducks in the row. They trying to do the same extreme shyt and worse in the oval office

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps

- increased persecution by a militarized police force given free rein to harm black people
- a court system filled with judges that will always rule to the detriment of black america.

seems like, if you are a black man or woman concerned with the welfare of our people, it’s a no brainer. i’m off that “no tangibles, no vote” movement. it might have made sense when the republican party was centre right.

Not even that the US is seen as the bastion of stability If someone does something radically different without the consent of the people are or kinda doesn't even consider the consent of the majority that's a problem.

Put it this way Kenya just tried to fix it's debt problem by significantly raising taxes the people rose up and he fell back.

Trump wondered why the Army didn't start shooting during the peaceful BLM protests.

You want someone in there who's mind goes to that with no one to tell him no?

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah

I mean the Supreme Court has been showing us the past few years what happens when the republicacs get their ducks in the row. They trying to do the same extreme shyt and worse in the oval office

Okay,now wheres the Democrats version of Project 2025? Why dont they have something that scares white racist as much as yall are scared:respect:?

Democrats havent shown the ability to line up any ducks. All ive seen is them being outmanuevered at every level by Republicans even with Biden in power. Yet yall still refuse to ask for an agenda,a plan,counter measures they have in store. So you literally have no reason to believe things will stay the same,or get better if Biden wins. Have things not gotten worst they last 4 years for black people? Republicans dont even need the presidency,Democratic incompotence is their ally.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
This was true the last time Trump got elected and maga coverts Tariq were pushing no vote. Tangibles got lost not gained since. Who wants to run that practical experiment again? If you do you should register for a civics course. There's a long con game here and it's already at play. It's been advertised since day one. Rolling back time... Make America "great" for white people again.
Under Trump we got aggressive race soliders, bans for Affrimative action and bans for Black history being taught is schools

Taxes got hella lowered on rich nikkas so if you managed to get a ton of people to give you money I guess you won.

especially if you live in a deep blue district where you get insulated from race solsiers and a few butta biscuits from local leaders trying to off set Trumps fukkery.

Think republican ass Boise Idaho is letting a Black History 'museum" getting built there?

Louisiana allows split jury convictions in California one jury member could result in a hung jury in LA you're going to jail.

that's Tangibles for your ass.

timeless

All Star
Daps
scared? it’s human to be afraid of the unknown, and as regressive as our government has been, the likes of blatant, unapologetic nazis commanding power in all branches has never happened in our lifetime.

Fear is normal. Everyone gets scared. But if you're familiar with racism, then you don't have to fear the unknown. People who burned black people alive and used their genital skin as wallets or souvenirs never ever went away.

BeeCityRoller

New Bee
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queen City

Correct

Question is where do black people go from here even if Biden wins? 1st and 2nd generation East Indian/Hispanic immigrants are taking names while millennial/gen-z black people are sucked into hyper-individualism. And its not just tradcon "everything was better in the 50's" right wing white dudes pushing the propoganda
s7bgykn.png

Black Boomers like Clyburn see the boomerang of Civil Rights legislation gained in the 60's only to be lost now, and could care less. His top concerns are getting Biden back in so his grandkids are set up for political positions in the future while blacks in his district stagnate. Whether or not people agree/disagree with my stances, they see the hate for blacks on Alt-Right twitter and the c00npologizing for people like Ryan Garcia and Lilly Gaddis and its not going to get better. The average Democrat in Washington looks the other way the same way they look at whats going on in the Middle East.

I am not scared of a 2nd Trump term or Project 2025 but we need to be calculated either way. Biden can't keep us safe, that man kneeled for Floyd then pushed through real legislation for Asians, and more recently overreaching legislation for Israel. People don't want to hear this but I doubt we will see a change until another ugly Civil Rights Movement. The stuff that happened summer of 2020 is 10% of what we needed to make real progress.