No State in The USA Has an Average Annual Salary Above $76K..

Akae Beka

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No you don't understand, women are choosing to work instead of staying home.

Besides, a man would need to make $200k/yr for a woman to stay home. That sound possible to you? How many $200k/yr jobs out there?
You'd be surprised. I make more than that but my wife still wants to work. Pay all the households bills and still gave her 2k for herself but she must have a hungrr to work. Recently got back into it. I don't mind cause I'll save me 2k.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
And the average annual income of Americans in general as of 2023 is only about $58k. Idk why this shocked me. Me and my wife double that and we feel like we can barely put money away with a family of 4. It's crazy that the average family is surviving on barely $60k. shyt must be brutal.

Massachusetts earns the most at $76k and Mississippi continues to champion its reputation as the WOAT state with its citizens earning just $45k. I can't talk though cause we live in bumfukk Alabama.

The south in general is struggle central. Some highlights:

Mississippi $45K
Alabama $50K
Arkansas $48K
Georgia $58K
Florida $55K
Louisiana $50K

The highest earners:
Massachusetts $76K
New York $74K
California $73K
Washington $72K
Connecticut $69K

Data pulled from

Life is good

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
You telling people what they should do got me :russ:. Who is you?

The shyt I said is pure fukkn common sense. Don't rack up credit card debt, don't buy a hellcat, live below your means and you can comfortable.

Y'all love to act like people don't make bad decisions. Look the fuk around you, how many people driving big ass $100k trucks and $80k Hellcats??

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The shyt I said is pure fukkn common sense. Don't rack up credit card debt, don't buy a hellcat, live below your means and you can comfortable.

Y'all love to act like people don't make bad decisions. Look the fuk around you, how many people driving big ass $100k trucks and $80k Hellcats??
Yeah yeah yeah nigguh, but who is you to be telling people what to do? Worry about your shyt.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Now consider the taxes.

That number after taxes isn't even $50k after you remove the bullshyt tax money we pay as citizens.

Average income in Clifornia is $73k? Now take out the insane state tax and federal tax on that number.

Account for the cost of living and that person is scraping by if they're an out-of-towner.

Daps
No you don't understand, women are choosing to work instead of staying home.

Besides, a man would need to make $200k/yr for a woman to stay home. That sound possible to you? How many $200k/yr jobs out there?
Think it all comes down to goals.

If a couple wants a nice house, 2 cars, a family trip 1x or 2x/year, healthy savings and brokerage accounts etc., you need dual incomes.

If the couple is willing to penny pinch, then it might work with a single income unless the man makes bank. Gotta factor his salary BUT THEN.....health insurance when you go past the EO-tier is $$$$. Family coverage for hubby + wife + kids takes a big bite out of the single paycheck. Flip side is you save on daycare which can be $$$$ too. Ideal scenario is having grandma babysit some and then maybe a young multilingual female that can teach your kid French, Swahili, Spanish etc.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
Not only that, the average male income never goes past 65k even in their prime earning years (45-64)