No State in The USA Has an Average Annual Salary Above $76K..

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
and this is why kids are fukked up.

the best household is when a man makes enough to cover both wife and kids and the woman is able to be secure in emotionally investing in the children and nurturing them as her biological predisposition ordains her to do.

This working women shyt while children are under 12 is nonsense.

Now yes, after 12 year old and child is developed, a woman should be able to do what she wants to do.

The answer always comes back to capitalism breh. That family with one working dad is going to want to have his kids in a good school system but he's going to have to compete against families that have two working adults in the housing market.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
And the average annual income of Americans in general as of 2023 is only about $58k. Idk why this shocked me. Me and my wife double that and we feel like we can barely put money away with a family of 4. It's crazy that the average family is surviving on barely $60k. shyt must be brutal.

Massachusetts earns the most at $76k and Mississippi continues to champion its reputation as the WOAT state with its citizens earning just $45k. I can't talk though cause we live in bumfukk Alabama.

The south in general is struggle central. Some highlights:

Mississippi $45K
Alabama $50K
Arkansas $48K
Georgia $58K
Florida $55K
Louisiana $50K

The highest earners:
Massachusetts $76K
New York $74K
California $73K
Washington $72K
Connecticut $69K

Data pulled from

Those numbers are heavily misleading. You have to do a country by county breakdown.

You might have 3 of 4 counties in a state that bumps up the state average.

Then there’s cost of living. Someone making $150,000 might pay $2900 a month for rent, but someone making $50,000 might live in an area where the rent is only $950 a month.

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem

the best household is when a man makes enough to cover both wife and kids and the woman is able to be secure in emotionally investing in the children and nurturing them as her biological predisposition ordains her to do.

Now yes, after 12 year old and child is developed, a woman should be able to do what she wants to do.
Not in 2024.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Plenty of opportunities.

I'm talking about empowering families, which means providing people like mothers entering the workforce the means to catch their skills up.

Or even pursue a new opportunity
What does that mean in practice? You can’t just leave off as a marketing associate at the age of 26 and be gone 12 years and expect to be a senior manager/director with your peers when you touch down again at 38.

And we’re literally posting article after article about how most people can’t afford a home, so how the hell are most families even supposed to make this work - one salary for housing, two cars, food, utilities, clothing, supplies, medical, education, save for retirement, etc

Spiider

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC

The kids would be at school all day long so how is the mother “nurturing” them if they’re not around? It doesn’t make sense for her to sit around all day instead of working and helping the family to have money for a better lifestyle

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's an unobtainable dream for most families tbh. The cost of living and inflation in general prevents the average family from surviving on one income especially with kids involved. I'm finishing up school in order to get my wife out of the work field and into a SAH mother position but I'm not looking forward to it if I'm being real. I'm already a penny pincher and I'll have to do that even more to keep above water on just my income. shyt is crazy.

I remember I went to Publix a couple weeks ago to get some seasonings and some chicken to bake. Basic shyt like cilantro, garlic/onion powder, paprika, etc. No more than 9 items. shyt came to $76 after taxes. I damn near walked out the store. The shyt I had should've came to at most $45. Everything is so expensive.

I drive a 2014 Nissan Sentra. Paid off. Back in the day, it used to take $25 to fill up my tank. Filled up yesterday at the chevron, shyt ran me $38. I fill up twice a week. Thats $78 a week. About $312 a month. At my previous job, no lie, I used to ride my bike to and from work 2 to 3 times a week just to save. Can't do that now since I work so far away.

The grocery store being hoeing me out every week. I dread going in that muthafukka :pachaha:

The only thing saving me on gas is that I live 5 miles from work. I can go two weeks without having to fill up.

Daps
:yeshrug: I am not in the business of forcing women to do this or that.

I do believe we need to ensure that every American family can live like that though. As thats the best way to assure a stable to society.
The key thing is giving women a choice in the matter. Some of them may decide they want to work with toddlers at home.
But most, especially if the man is pulling in the income to maintain the family, most will gladly stay at home.

i work in corporate. we work from home. i've seen many kids and cats in the background of teams calls :mjlol: apparently some of no longer have to choose between "stay at home" and working.
but this is the coli where men would rather have a burger king cashier for a wife as long as their ego gets stroked.... cuz fukk them kids amirite?

tldr: choose better

Last edited:

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
$90k is still good in a majority of places outside of NY, Cali, etc.

Debt is what really kills people. You both should have a basic paid off Toyota and no credit card debt. Maybe a $100 family phone plan. Fuk Comcast cable, just get internet and youtube TV.
You telling people what they should do got me :russ:. Who is you?

• Haha
Reactions: LDC

Arizax2

All Star
Daps
The cheat code is to position yourself in getting hired at a national company while being at an expensive state like NY/NJ. You should start off at a higher salary compared to elsewhere due to the cost of living. Move up within. Wait a bit and ask to be transferred to the south somewhere if there's an opening. Depending on their rules you maybe able to keep your NYNJ salary but move to a stated with a low cost of living.