No State in The USA Has an Average Annual Salary Above $76K..

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
And the average annual income of Americans in general as of 2023 is only about $58k. Idk why this shocked me. Me and my wife double that and we feel like we can barely put money away with a family of 4. It's crazy that the average family is surviving on barely $60k. shyt must be brutal.

Massachusetts earns the most at $76k and Mississippi continues to champion its reputation as the WOAT state with its citizens earning just $45k. I can't talk though cause we live in bumfukk Alabama.

The south in general is struggle central. Some highlights:

Mississippi $45K
Alabama $50K
Arkansas $48K
Georgia $58K
Florida $55K
Louisiana $50K

The highest earners:
Massachusetts $76K
New York $74K
California $73K
Washington $72K
Connecticut $69K

Data pulled from

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I've always been curious if these averages are for certain age groups.
because there are alot of working teenagers out in the world that are likely part time and bringing these numbers down.
i can't believe the average gown up in Mississippi is making McDonalds wages.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Those aren't bad when its a couple who put they money together. This day and age, women are expected to work.

So your household income should be $120k - 140k.

and this is why kids are fukked up.

the best household is when a man makes enough to cover both wife and kids and the woman is able to be secure in emotionally investing in the children and nurturing them as her biological predisposition ordains her to do.

This working women shyt while children are under 12 is nonsense.

Now yes, after 12 year old and child is developed, a woman should be able to do what she wants to do.

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
its crazy. i earn about 50k a year. i have two jobs.

im #catset but i feel like i work for blue buffalo sometimes. i do okay but im fukked for retirement.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps

the best household is when a man makes enough to cover both wife and kids and the woman is able to be secure in emotionally investing in the children and nurturing them as her biological predisposition ordains her to do.

This working women shyt
while children are under 12 is nonsense.

Now yes, after 12 year old and child is developed, a woman should be able to do what she wants to do.

You mean like the 1950s and prior?
Women claimed they were being abused and wanted their own jobs:yeshrug:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

Eventually your kids grow up and leave the nest. Then you just left with woman living off you

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Yup, no state.

Meanwhile in DC
Job Search - Millions of Jobs Hiring Near You | ZipRecruiter $79,602 year
https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Location=Washington-DC/Salary $86k
Occupational Employment and Wages in Washington-Arlington-Alexandria – May 2022 : Mid–Atlantic Information Office : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics 40.34/hr* (multiple by 2,080)
https://gusto.com/resources/research/salary/dc/washington $76,908,

:sas2:

Don't even think about moving.
All full up.
They closed the door when I got here.

And don't pay attention to
  • Average rent - $2,252/month for 697 Sq Ft
  • Median listing home price - $625K

:mjcry:

Last edited:

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
You mean like the 1950s and prior?
Women claimed they were being abused and wanted their own jobs:yeshrug:

:yeshrug: I am not in the business of forcing women to do this or that.

I do believe we need to ensure that every American family can live like that though. As thats the best way to assure a stable to society.

The key thing is giving women a choice in the matter. Some of them may decide they want to work with toddlers at home.

But most, especially if the man is pulling in the income to maintain the family, most will gladly stay at home.

Again, couples have to discuss and there is no one rule for all.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Eventually your kids grow up and leave the nest. Then you just left with woman living off you

If you have to be worried about a woman living off of you, you married the wrong women.

Any decent woman is going to be working in some capacity after the kids grow into their teens

even a little side hustle so she can get herself something and trinkets for the home.

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss

That's an unobtainable dream for most families tbh. The cost of living and inflation in general prevents the average family from surviving on one income especially with kids involved. I'm finishing up school in order to get my wife out of the work field and into a SAH mother position but I'm not looking forward to it if I'm being real. I'm already a penny pincher and I'll have to do that even more to keep above water on just my income. shyt is crazy.

I remember I went to Publix a couple weeks ago to get some seasonings and some chicken to bake. Basic shyt like cilantro, garlic/onion powder, paprika, etc. No more than 9 items. shyt came to $76 after taxes. I damn near walked out the store. The shyt I had should've came to at most $45. Everything is so expensive.

I drive a 2014 Nissan Sentra. Paid off. Back in the day, it used to take $25 to fill up my tank. Filled up yesterday at the chevron, shyt ran me $38. I fill up twice a week. Thats $78 a week. About $312 a month. At my previous job, no lie, I used to ride my bike to and from work 2 to 3 times a week just to save. Can't do that now since I work so far away.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
:yeshrug: I am not in the business of forcing women to do this or that.

I do believe we need to ensure that every American family can live like that though. As thats the best way to assure a stable to society.

The key thing is giving women a choice in the matter. Some of them may decide they want to work with toddlers at home.

But most, especially if the man is pulling in the income to maintain the family, most will gladly stay at home.

Again, couples have to discuss and there is no one rule for all.

No you don't understand, women are choosing to work instead of staying home.

Besides, a man would need to make $200k/yr for a woman to stay home. That sound possible to you? How many $200k/yr jobs out there?