No one will EVER have or had a run like Ice Cube, that's why he will ALWAYS be the GOAT

Ashtrey

Superstar
Daps
Other than Death Certificate... Lethal Injection is my most played Cube album... Hearing Cube over G-Funk was :blessed: only dusty New Yorkers hated on it cause it was smooth as fukk and didn't sound like pots and pans :umad:

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
Other than Death Certificate... Lethal Injection is my most played Cube album... Hearing Cube over G-Funk was :blessed: only dusty New Yorkers hated on it cause it was smooth as fukk and didn't sound like pots and pans :umad:

But yet Cube`s first album was produced by New Yorkers and Cali nikkas were cool with that :yeshrug:

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
Lethal Injection was decent. His chubby build and sad fro sort of encapsulate the over the hill Cube though. He had some really weak verses too om some super simplified, dummy rap ish.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
mitter said:
"I Get The Job Done" was from It's a Big Daddy Thing

But yeah, I'm surprised Taste of Chocolate didn't go Gold

I'm not. Only had 3 singles on there worth spinning more than once and I only liked Hard Being the Kane.

I was hoping his next album would bring him back........instead we got Prince of Darkness.......:snoop:

Flav

Where the dice game at?
Daps
Thread is a joke

Scarface

All the geto boys albums and scarface solos are either great or classic...cube had a short time run...face ran shyt from 1986 to early 2000s

:ehh:

thats one i cant argue with.i put Scarface right next to Ice Cube.

Firefly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cube is strongly influential and respected top tier artist by people like B.I.G, Nas, Jay-Z, 2 Pac, Snoop and the list goes on.

Best stories and able to translate to successful film run = 1 of HipHops best businessmen.

Cube Scared the white establishment terribly. Something that this Soulja Boy/ Drake era will never understand. Dude predicted the riots in LA.

I mean Cube is in my Top 5 just because although I was a kid, Cube was a strong voice and spoke for the plight of the black community on so many levels. Their music was so powerful they had the Feds watching them......

Definition of HipHop elevation. You can't explain it to kids coming up today in the soft, gimmicky minstrel show era, that at 1 Point HipHop was a Weapon. It had a sense of danger to it and it scared people. Mostly white people and cornball Clarence Thomas type brothers.

Going back to that era and trying to explain it to a kid who never really grew up in that societal tension is like someone from the 60's telling you about Woodstock. You can never relate. But it was real.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
So did Ice Cube sell out with these movies and tv shows? That what I keep hearing...

:patrice:

Firefly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
and i love cube but verse for verse cube don't stand a chance against eminem nas pac pun or g rap

There is no Eminem without Cube. Spitting funny multi's ain't shyt and can never compare to someone creating a societal shift and scaring the government fam. There's a huge difference between rhyming words together well and being clownish and spitting true shyt going on in a community and being the voice of a disgruntled people. Em may have made people in Idaho and the midwest buy their first rap cd( his) but never put Em in that level. Also Em has 1 maybe 2 classic albums, maybe because MMLP did not age well at all. Can't put that against 4 albums that documented LIFE before and after the Riots in LA. Em never scared anyone. He's a white kid who has clever and funny raps. He got acknowledged becasue at the time no white dude was really "spitting" like that. That's why Em was a novelty. But nah, his output doesn't even make him in my Top 10.

Freestyling on radio shows like Wake Up SHow etc, I'll grant you he was one of the best on there. But total package, nah. I bet he'd even admit that too if you asked him. I like Em cuz he does pay homage. It's the fact that his fans don't know........

Firefly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So did Ice Cube sell out with these movies and tv shows? That what I keep hearing...

:patrice:
No, because we're supposed to elevate. Friday is a classic. He got older and built his business. Also society changed. Racism is still here, but late 80's early 90's was something else. Cube was the voice of those times....the riots, what lead up to it and the aftermath.

I have no problem with Cubevision being successful. He never wore a dress or became gay for pay so I can't say he sold out.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Yeah. I was kind of surprised as well when I first found out.

We think of BDP as underground and out of the mainstream, yet they had more mainstream success than a lot of hip-hop groups

Who would've thought, for instance, that BDP had more Gold albums than Big Daddy Kane?

Bdp created the new school way of thought sales boom and solidified the transition with criminal minded and by any means.

Art Barr