No one will EVER have or had a run like Ice Cube, that's why he will ALWAYS be the GOAT

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
he made his OWN movies like Friday and has his own production company etc why did he sell out? because he made a family movie? it's not like he made Kazaam or anything

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
So did Ice Cube sell out with these movies and tv shows? That what I keep hearing...

:patrice:

Cube sold out, when he created a false battle.for.false.commercialization on wc.
Which also may have became the first the possible payola record review and the incident that compromised the cred of the source.
Which forever destroyed hip hop journalism.
So, that is why cube is called a sellout.
People talking negatively as far as cultural cred is concerned .
When discussing his movie and film career made an error, culturally.

Art Barr

the rhyme king

truth.com
Daps
Reppin
i refuse to conform
There is no Eminem without Cube. Spitting funny multi's ain't shyt and can never compare to someone creating a societal shift and scaring the government fam. There's a huge difference between rhyming words together well and being clownish and spitting true shyt going on in a community and being the voice of a disgruntled people. Em may have made people in Idaho and the midwest buy their first rap cd( his) but never put Em in that level. Also Em has 1 maybe 2 classic albums, maybe because MMLP did not age well at all. Can't put that against 4 albums that documented LIFE before and after the Riots in LA. Em never scared anyone. He's a white kid who has clever and funny raps. He got acknowledged becasue at the time no white dude was really "spitting" like that. That's why Em was a novelty. But nah, his output doesn't even make him in my Top 10.

Freestyling on radio shows like Wake Up SHow etc, I'll grant you he was one of the best on there. But total package, nah. I bet he'd even admit that too if you asked him. I like Em cuz he does pay homage. It's the fact that his fans don't know........

eminem lyrically would rap circles around ice cube sorry i can't agree with that eminem paid his dudes on the undergrounc circuit breh i think it is reverse racism in general on eminem's part that dude can rhyme if he was black dudes would be calling him canibus.

Firefly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
eminem lyrically would rap circles around ice cube sorry i can't agree with that eminem paid his dudes on the undergrounc circuit breh i think it is reverse racism in general on eminem's part that dude can rhyme if he was black dudes would be calling him canibus.

Twista can rhyme circles around everyone in the game, Eminem including. What is the point you're trying to make homie?

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
DMX has had a solid catalog too.

:stopitslime:

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
Never liked Ice Cube.....I liked Ice T and Paris growing up....Cube always seemed phony to me and his rapping is really weak only like a few of his songs

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Meh Cube had good material but the run wasn't as good or relevant as you think,by Predator he was getting stale and stealing peoples shyt and by that time others had taken over the west...his 2 first solo joints were good and that's about it....

Westside connection was wack..

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Never liked Ice Cube.....I liked Ice T and Paris growing up....Cube always seemed phony to me and his rapping is really weak only like a few of his songs

He was a phony lol...and he was a follower stealing peoples music and concepts left and right,thats why he can never be in the goat discussion...

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
Cube was my favorite rapper when I was a kid.

My son just turned 6 and Cube is his favorite rapper, also.

shyt that bugs me out, I don't know how.His mom mostly listens to neo soul and I never really bump Cube anymore.

Them genes are a muthafukka, boy:wow:

I wasn't even allowed to listen to ice cube tapes when I was 6. just the radio edits or whatnot.

it was a big tease because there was an ice cube poster on the basement wall.