No one will EVER have or had a run like Ice Cube, that's why he will ALWAYS be the GOAT

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Westside Connection, no matter how many times Californians say otherwise, is a weak album.

and what's his 3rd group????

I liked Bow Down, and I thought it was generally accepted as a great album. Of course, I couldn't listen to all of the Mack 10 verses but Westward Ho is really the only song I don't like at all.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Westside Connection, no matter how many times Californians say otherwise, is a weak album.

and what's his 3rd group????

Da Lench Mob,he's been said to have handled most of the writing on Guerillas in the Mist...if we counting those Wutang albums as group efforts we gotta count this album...and really should count Eazy Duz It as a group effort:russ:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I see people try to eliminate Black Power MCs from the history books. Like they did to Chuck D, Dead Prez, and now Cube.

I don't know if dead prez really made history,but it is weird arguably the greatest group of all time with 3 arguable classic in PE...and Ice Cube who has a better catalogue or at least equal to any goat you can name,and was ALSO in arguably goat group based off impact....and you rarely see them mentioned,more likely to see Eminem or 3K mentioned first:childplease:...Mobb Deep,UGK:childplease:...PE and Cube will be mentioned eventually but too damn far at the bottom for me to not notice they on that funny shyt....then again if you don't have a impact in the mid 90's u are mostly forgotten,so maybe its innocent....or maybe they want you to forget those groups who didn't welcome white people presence and were considered "hateful"...this all inclusive times we are in now maybe wants us to forget those times....white fans fuk with them both but I question some of these publications....I think that music makes a lot of these tap dancing nikkas too uncomfortable to admit they enjoy or maybe it is just too angry and hateful in their minds for them to enjoy now.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
cube has no real cultural integrity emcee-wise, at this current time.
through his own degradation and cultural vulture antics.
so,...plenty of emcees have sustained their cultural purity or connection.
to rival cube's barn burner three release solo run at the beginning of his solo carer.
even, if they never had the same platinum level draw.
or were not generally perceived some drawing equal to general rap fans.

I can think of a few emcees who,..
given what they brought culturally and even industrially.
it rivals cube's entire career.
or still out does cube's career because culturally, he is just given a pass with scrutiny.

the obvious one is krs.

the next not so obvious one is :

redman,...

actually was featured on, as dope group albums,..
on the third and fourth business titled epmd group albums.

in between that,...
he dropped what is or should be considered a genre specific creative defining and drawing genre type.

following that up,..with the greatest single emcee spazz moment in rap history.
on the remix to tonite's the nite,..which later showed up on the classic dare iz a darkside.
which was followed up by the classic, muddy waters.

red capitalized a real genre specific grassroots platinum movie star draw.
while creating an artist type that will forever be used to formulate or draw in music.
including, the history of the pillar of emcee'n and the industry of rap

red only has one lackluster release quality wise,...
which I think is malpractice,...
that after that, he followed up with a classic mixtape series.
plus, his last album was another true to form redman quality record.
that featured a different formatted take on red's general album track.
which was still one of the highest quality records in the past few years as well.
that was drastically and wrongfully overlooked, artistically.

all because of poor pr saturation and sales output.
in red's last studio album on an out of touch market place defjam recording contract.

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I see people try to eliminate Black Power MCs from the history books. Like they did to Chuck D, Dead Prez, and now Cube.

there is some cultural controversy later on in their careers, as recording artists.
that is why you see them being eliminated.
when it comes to all time talks...
as noob journalist from the technical emcee era..
who are unfamiliar with the more styles based era of conversion the new school way of thought.
from the more robust technical and professional artist quality of the old school way of thought.
so,...they fail to see the brilliance in the conversion of style and content.

in the case of dead prez.
only thing they are attached to is that nas, thing.
which in their case amplifies them, and is not a detractor.
to the point,..someone will overprocess this amplification of their discography, culturally.
dead prez, is listed here, and you may not have a ledge to scoff at the choice.

art barr

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I don't know if dead prez really made history,but it is weird arguably the greatest group of all time with 3 arguable classic in PE...and Ice Cube who has a better catalogue or at least equal to any goat you can name,and was ALSO in arguably goat group based off impact....and you rarely see them mentioned,more likely to see Eminem or 3K mentioned first:childplease:...Mobb Deep,UGK:childplease:...PE and Cube will be mentioned eventually but too damn far at the bottom for me to not notice they on that funny shyt....then again if you don't have a impact in the mid 90's u are mostly forgotten,so maybe its innocent....or maybe they want you to forget those groups who didn't welcome white people presence and were considered "hateful"...this all inclusive times we are in now maybe wants us to forget those times....white fans fuk with them both but I question some of these publications....I think that music makes a lot of these tap dancing nikkas too uncomfortable to admit they enjoy or maybe it is just too angry and hateful in their minds for them to enjoy now.

Yep. These publications do be re-writing history on some white imperialist shyt.

mitter

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Here is a more impressive run:

Criminal Minded (5 mic classic, a hip-hop landmark)

By All Means Necessary (another 5 mic classic hip-hop landmark)

Ghetto Music: The Blueprint of Hip-Hop (a borderline classic)

Edutainment (another borderline classic)

Sex & Violence (one more borderline classic)

Return of the the Boom Bap (a 5 mic classic)

KRS-One (a very solid 4 mics)

That's seven albums in an 8-year span. Three indisputable classics. Three more albums that are of at least 4.5 mic quality (and, in some circles, are viewed as classics). One dope 4 mic album with some classic songs.

Daps
Reppin
I whistle in jail.
Here is a more impressive run:

Criminal Minded (5 mic classic, a hip-hop landmark)

By All Means Necessary (another 5 mic classic hip-hop landmark)

Ghetto Music: The Blueprint of Hip-Hop (a borderline classic)

Edutainment (another borderline classic)

Sex & Violence (one more borderline classic)

Return of the the Boom Bap (a 5 mic classic)

KRS-One (a very solid 4 mics)

That's seven albums in an 8-year span. Three indisputable classics. Three more albums that are of at least 4.5 mic quality (and, in some circles, are viewed as classics). One dope 4 mic album with some classic songs.
But self destruction don't pay the fukkin' rent.