Nintendo's new $199 "Switch Lite" can't actually switch....

Apollo Kid

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Boom Bap Era
The Pokemon Sword & Shield Lite looks pretty dope
D_KFcYZUYAA3SAE.jpg

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I won't go as far to say they wouldn't want it over the OG switch. A lot of kids will likely be mobile with it anyway.
I don't see it as a bad product by any means. I do think that taking away the hdmi was dumb tho
How is this not a bad product?

It’s goes against what the Switch main identity and marketing is?

It’s also overpriced

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Nintendo Gamers Prefer Using Switch As A Handheld Rather Than Docked

Japan for one. This is aimed at them and for parents/people who play only in handheld. This is the 3DS replacement.

if they're retarded, maybe.

the 2DS pokemon bundle sold like crazy. When they drop this w/ Pokemon in the fall, it'll appeal to that crowd.

Even if you only play handheld it’s pretty dumb to not always have the option to “switch” it up

Also No detachable controllers makes a lot of game on this thing not work properly

Everyone isn’t in tune with news as you. It’s easy for someone to think they’re buying a fully fleshed switch when purchasing this trash

2DS is not comparable to this

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
How is this not a bad product?

It’s goes against what the Switch main identity and marketing is?

It’s also overpriced
The main cost of the switch internals is included, and you get $100 off. I'd say it should be 180 but its not a bad deal for parents looking to get their kids into the switch platform.
I agree that no detachable controllers will cause a problem for some ganes..but they are few and far in between. They are the type of games you won't play on a mobile anyway

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Even if you only play handheld it’s pretty dumb to not always have the option to “switch” it up

it's not aimed at people who would decide that.

Also No detachable controllers makes a lot of game on this thing not work properl

Only games it'd be affected by would be 1-2 Switch, Labo, and Mario Party. 2 are heavy MP games while labo needs to be detached for obvious reasons. But with 1-2 Switch, as long as you had spare joycons you could play. Unsure about Mario Party, though.

The other games are fair game. No other games so far have extensively used detached joycons, other than for local MP, which this device isn't aimed at.

Everyone isn’t in tune with news as you. It’s easy for someone to think they’re buying a fully fleshed switch when purchasing this tras

it's not being in tune, it's called read the box.

2DS is not comparable to this

It is, though.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
The main cost of the switch internals is included, and you get $100 off. I'd say it should be 180 but its not a bad deal for parents looking to get their kids into the switch platform.
I agree that no detachable controllers will cause a problem for some ganes..but they are few and far in between. They are the type of games you won't play on a mobile anyway
IMO it makes more sense for parents to get some with co op competent so you can play the family games

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I'm sure your kid would love any game system you made them grow up on. It's not like they were born and said "I want a Nintendo"
I don’t think most kids grow up with Nintendo these days

Nintendo is impressed on kids due to their dads nostalgia

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To us Americans this probably won't sell much. But this will be huge in Japan.