Nintendo's new $199 "Switch Lite" can't actually switch....

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Nintendo survey reveals who's purchasing the Switch

Mostly males above 20, which means they tapped more into the Sony and Microsoft Audience oppose to who nintendo usually attracts. Probably nintendo first device to hit this market so well. But they are missing out on many parents who cannot shell out 400 plus dollars when buying their kid a Nintendo Switch + Game + Taxes included.

damn. nintendo has had these cats on the hook forever. bet most of them bought a wii u too

MMA

Superstar
Daps
damn. nintendo has had these cats on the hook forever. bet most of them bought a wii u too
I spent around 1700 dollars buying 2 switches + most needed accessories + 4 games for each household for 2 of my nieces/nephew houses. There parents are not spending 500-800 to fund videogames. Most switch buyers are new customers for Nintendo in the last decade.

After all the standard accessories + 3-4 games same year you are paying close to 700-900 plus after taxes for this console. Most parents can't justify spending that on a 10 year old. The lite you are only buying the console and a game, don't have to worry about kid in front of the TV or buying a TV just for them.

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
when y’all say the vita is better...in what way?

design...specs...games???

maybe I’ll give y’all design...but specs and games-wise...the switch lite barring any manufacturing defects will immediately be the best dedicated handheld device the second it hits the market...when I say games-wise I’m not talking about its library but the power/ability to play AAA titles meant for consoles...if we’re talking library then the DS series probably wins that

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Nope credit cards offer purchase protection, can double the manufacturer warranty, give cash back or points, allow the store to look up your purchase without a receipt. Why wouldn’t you use a credit card on all purchases?
I agree with you, but that logic just won't carry over to the average consumer. If someone has the discipline to pay off their balance, IN FULL, every month, then yes, do it. But most Americans rack up a crazy high balance, pay the minimum monthly payment, and let the interest eat them alive. Watch any Dave Ramsey video on YouTube and tell me I'm wrong.

CookisaCac

I aint lyrical
Daps
Nope credit cards offer purchase protection, can double the manufacturer warranty, give cash back or points, allow the store to look up your purchase without a receipt. Why wouldn’t you use a credit card on all purchases?
debit card does that also

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
debit card does that also
I don't use debit cards because I have credit cards. If somebody steals my debit card and makes a purchase that's my money tied up until the bank investigates and gets it back. If somebody steals my credit card that's the bank's money tied up.

Also debit cards don't have the same types of purchase rewards as credit cards.

There's almost no reason to ever use a debit card when you can use a credit card and pay the purchase off as soon as it post.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I agree with you, but that logic just won't carry over to the average consumer. If someone has the discipline to pay off their balance, IN FULL, every month, then yes, do it. But most Americans rack up a crazy high balance, pay the minimum monthly payment, and let the interest eat them alive. Watch any Dave Ramsey video on YouTube and tell me I'm wrong.
Dave Ramsey is for people who have no self-control when it comes to handling money. How you spend money is your choice and he sort of pretends that if you use credit it's not. He just berates people that don't share his views. That doesn't make his way the only way.

CookisaCac

I aint lyrical
Daps
I don't use debit cards because I have credit cards. If somebody steals my debit card and makes a purchase that's my money tied up until the bank investigates and gets it back. If somebody steals my credit card that's the bank's money tied up.

Also debit cards don't have the same types of purchase rewards as credit cards.

There's almost no reason to ever use a debit card when you can use a credit card and pay the purchase off as soon as it post.
If someone steals your debit card you put a freeze on it instantly. But I understand youre a proud credit card user who wants to defend it to the end.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
If someone steals your debit card you put a freeze on it instantly. But I understand youre a proud credit card user who wants to defend it to the end.
It's not about pride. If debit cards were more advantageous than credit cards I would use them instead. Debit cards simply aren't.

A debit card is directly linked to your checking account and drains it in real time. A credit card is not. If you lose your debit card or it gets skimmed or whatever. Until you notice which could be hours or a day your bank account will drain in real time. Sure you can get that money back but there's gonna be some down time. A credit card if that happens whatever happened from the lost or theft until you noticed it isn't your problem because it's someone else's money.

Why would I ever choose to not use the bank's money as a buffer? What are the advantages of a debit card that a credit card doesn't have? I also typically get between 3-6% cash back on most of my purchases with my credit cards. For most places I shop I get 5% cash back. What debit card does that?

Red

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Credit cards offer more protection. Some countries, like England for example, have something called section 75 protection whereby if you purchased using a credit card and the company goes bust before you get your item you get a full refund, in addition to protection when scammed etc. Not to mention it's an interest free loan for up to, what, 56 days? It also helps in building your credit history that helps for when you want to obtain larger forms of credit etc :yeshrug:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Credit cards offer more protection. Some countries, like England for example, have something called section 75 protection whereby if you purchased using a credit card and the company goes bust before you get your item you get a full refund, in addition to protection when scammed etc. Not to mention it's an interest free loan for up to, what, 56 days? It also helps in building your credit history that helps for when you want to obtain larger forms of credit etc :yeshrug:

Having a credit card really helped me with building up my credit. Went from no credit to a very good credit score.

But at the same time you need to be responsible. If you aren’t then you should just only be using debit cards.