Nikola Jokic Erasing The Carmelo Anthony Era Appreciation Thread

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
Nobody would give a fukk about Melo if y'all stans didn't bring him up all the time, out of the blue. This thread is only pushback.

How long you been on the coli, this thread is push back ? Push back to what. Melo one of the most shytted on players on the coli and on the internet period. We only respond when dudes post bullshyt. Like how jokic is erasing the Carmelo Anthony era like he won a chip or something

fukk are you talking about

Daps
Reppin
Denver
How long you been on the coli, this thread is push back ? Push back to what. Melo one of the most shytted on players on the coli and on the internet period. We only respond when dudes post bullshyt. Like how jokic is erasing the Carmelo Anthony era like he won a chip or something

I see way more people rushing to defend melo here than shytting on him. It must’ve come from his knicks stint because I remember SOHH back when he was on the nuggets. No one gave a fukk about him.

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
I see way more people rushing to defend melo here than shytting on him. It must’ve come from his knicks stint because I remember SOHH back when he was on the nuggets. No one gave a fukk about him.

Yeah it started with the Knicks for the most part. People starting to defend him now cause the shyt is ridiculous that people saying. Like damn my nikka not a goat or nothing but y’all ain’t gonna act like he didn’t ball out in the league for 12 13 years

Daps
Fam, when Melo's pro career literally began he was leading his team to the playoffs. Jokic's career didn't just begin. It's year four, bro.
You mean leading teams to a first-round exit, over and over, and over, and over, and over again, all bowing out in embarrassing fashion along the way?

2004 - lost 1-4 in the first round
2005 - lost 1-4 in the first round
2006 - lost 1-4 in the first round
2007 - lost 1-4 in the first round
2008 - lost 0-4 in the first round

He only made it out of the first round ONCE in his seven postseasons in Denver.

Again, in the context of this thread which is clearly stated in the OP, it is about postseason success, and thus Jokic's career (or era) has just started. Melo only had four wins over his first five playoff trips in Denver, and Jokic has almost doubled that (seven wins) in just his first postseason.
Yet it was a non-Melo stan who brang up Melo out of the blue by creating an entire thread about him.:mjlol:
Again, this thread is just pushback because OP knew it would get folks up in arms. If there wasn't unnecessary Melo stanning on this board, he wouldn't have centered it around Melo. Same applies to any player who's irrelevant or propped up beyond their value/status.

How long have I been on this board? Well, my Joined Date should clear that up for you.

:usure:

You only think it's bullshyt because y'all value him more than his actual worth. It wasn't that long ago that Melo stans were out here demanding that he have more of a role on this year's Rockets squad (and then demanding that he goes to a team that deserves him), despite ignoring that evidence that he was done as a player.

Last edited:
Daps
He got that Knicks fan stimulus package. Doesn't take long to see that the majority of Melo stans on this board are Knicks fans too.

:lolbron:

Daps
I'm really tryna understand why OP hates melo:dwillhuh:

@Smoking With Cigarettes
:childplease:I don't need to hate Melo to highlight that Jokic's style of play is going to lead to more success than Melo's flame out in the first round Denver tenure. Its really not that serious. Melo underachieved consistently. I don't need to look back on it with some nostalgia lenses

To keep it buck yall know you only care about this because Jokic is white. More accomplishment athletes are slandered on this board everyday. Just recently Paul Pierce name turned into a punchline, and its just the way shyt goes. Melo played the game his way and made millions, he don't need my love

Fam, when Melo's pro career literally began he was leading his team to the playoffs. Jokic's career didn't just begin. It's year four, bro.

His year 4 run was more successful than Melo's. Melo had 1 good playoff run in Denver and y'all act like he should be remembered like Dirk. Conference finals aren't some promise land. Even Derozan has been there:mjlol:

Daps
He got that Knicks fan stimulus package. Doesn't take long to see that the majority of Melo stans on this board are Knicks fans too.

:lolbron:
I'm not even mad at them. Their Melo era was the best thing for that trash franchise in almost a decade. League gotta get them the #1 pick. Knicks fans been suffering so long they in here mad telling me to be glad he got out the 1st round once. Prolonged mediocrity really can fukk with expectations:wow:

Daps
Reppin
Denver
I'm not even mad at them. Their Melo era was the best thing for that trash franchise in almost a decade. League gotta get them the #1 pick. Knicks fans been suffering so long they in here mad telling me to be glad he got out the 1st round once. Prolonged mediocrity really can fukk with expectations:wow:
:whoo: Knicks fans not gonna like this

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
You mean leading teams to a first-round exit, over and over, and over, and over, and over again, all bowing out in embarrassing fashion along the way?

2004 - lost 1-4 in the first round
2005 - lost 1-4 in the first round
2006 - lost 1-4 in the first round
2007 - lost 1-4 in the first round
2008 - lost 0-4 in the first round

He only made it out of the first round ONCE in his seven postseasons in Denver.

Again, in the context of this thread which is clearly stated in the OP, it is about postseason success, and thus Jokic's career (or era) has just started. Melo only had four wins over his first five playoff trips in Denver, and Jokic has almost doubled that (seven wins) in just his first postseason.

Again, this thread is just pushback because OP knew it would get folks up in arms. If there wasn't unnecessary Melo stanning on this board, he wouldn't have centered it around Melo. Same applies to any player who's irrelevant or propped up beyond their value/status.

How long have I been on this board? Well, my Joined Date should clear that up for you.

You only think it's bullshyt because y'all value him more than his actual worth. It wasn't that long ago that Melo stans were out here demanding that he have more of a role on this year's Rockets squad (and then demanding that he goes to a team that deserves him), despite ignoring that evidence that he was done as a player.
Fam, if you can't see the difference in a rookie instantly changing the fortunes of a franchise his first year versus a dude getting said franchise to the playoffs in his fourth season, then I don't know what to tell you. Comparing Melo's entire tenure to a guy who is just now making postseason noise is ridiculous. I know you're sensible enough to see this logic. I think Jokic has a ton of potential...let the dude do something meaningful before denigrating a future Hall of Famer. Is that asking too much?

Daps
Fam, if you can't see the difference in a rookie instantly changing the fortunes of a franchise his first year versus a dude getting said franchise to the playoffs in his fourth season, then I don't know what to tell you.
First of all, it wasn't just solely Melo who helped "changed the fortunes" of the Nuggets in '03/'04, the acquisition of Miller was just as important, who was one of the better PGs in the league at the time (who had similar impact/influence to Melo). Hell, the main reason why Denver had the worst offense the season before was that they didn't have competent PG play, and struggled to generate offense for themselves because of it.

If they only added Melo to the same team that they had the year before, the Nuggets wouldn't have made the playoffs.
Comparing Melo's entire tenure to a guy who is just now making postseason noise is ridiculous. I know you're sensible enough to see this logic. I think Jokic has a ton of potential...let the dude do something meaningful before denigrating a future Hall of Famer. Is that asking too much?
How is it ridiculous when Melo-led Nuggets squads really didn't do shyt in the postseason? They had one good run while he was there, and the rest of the six postseason trips he featured in, he bowed out in the first round - most of which only winning ONE game. Jokic has had one good run in his first postseason, does that mean he has to have a bunch of first-round exits from this point forward before we can compare his postseason success to Melo?

Let him do something meaningful? Why are you speaking like Melo did something meaningful to a level in the postseason whilst in Denver that puts him above approach, right now? What the fukk did he do in the postseason as a Nugget that Jokic hasn't done? As far as I see it, this thread is based on Jokic's postseason success v. Melo's postseason success - in Denver, I'm not quite sure why you're funnelling Melo being a "Hall of Famer" into the conversation when it holds little to no weight here. If all Melo had was simply his years in Denver on his resume, you wouldn't be labelling him as a "Hall of Famer".

His college career, his time at the Knicks, his international/Olympic career and everything else besides his time in Denver is irrelevant here.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
First of all, it wasn't just solely Melo who helped "changed the fortunes" of the Nuggets in '03/'04, the acquisition of Miller was just as important, who was one of the better PGs in the league at the time (who had similar impact/influence to Melo). Hell, the main reason why Denver had the worst offense the season before was that they didn't have competent PG play, and struggled to generate offense for themselves because of it.

If they only added Melo to the same team that they had the year before, the Nuggets wouldn't have made the playoffs.

How is it ridiculous when Melo-led Nuggets squads really didn't do shyt in the postseason? They had one good run while he was there, and the rest of the six postseason trips he featured in, he bowed out in the first round - most of which only winning ONE game. Jokic has had one good run in his first postseason, does that mean he has to have a bunch of first-round exits from this point forward before we can compare his postseason success to Melo?

Let him do something meaningful? Why are you speaking like Melo did something meaningful to a level in the postseason whilst in Denver that puts him above approach, right now? What the fukk did he do in the postseason as a Nugget that Jokic hasn't done? As far as I see it, this thread is based on Jokic's postseason success v. Melo's postseason success - in Denver, I'm not quite sure why you're funnelling Melo being a "Hall of Famer" into the conversation when it holds little to no weight here. If all Melo had was simply his years in Denver on his resume, you wouldn't be labelling him as a "Hall of Famer".

His college career, his time at the Knicks, his international/Olympic career and everything else besides his time in Denver is irrelevant here.
Once you get to Miller being an equal part of the Denver Nuggets turnaround, I get where we are at.:manny:

Daps
Once you get to Miller being an equal part of the Denver Nuggets turnaround, I get where we are at.:manny:
Make no mistake about it, Melo being the #1 option had the most impact, but adding Miller was just as important to the success of the team in '03/'04 - without him the offense has no direction. They didn't simply go from the worst offense in the league to in the top-10 just because of Melo, particularly because he wasn't the player to initiate the offense, which as you know, he never has been.

If you watched the Nuggets that season, you wouldn't need to be arguing otherwise.

:manny: