Nikola Jokic Erasing The Carmelo Anthony Era Appreciation Thread

Daps
jokic is better than prime carmelo anthony:laff:
another stupid take u will only see on the coli
Anyone who thinks this is a comical concept has been conditioned by barbershop rhetoric.

If this was a player who had identical impact/skillset to Melo, and his name was Kirk Vanderblethe from Colby, Kansas, you wouldn't even bat an eyelid at this thread. In fact, it wouldn't even need to be made, cause it would be one of those things that were obvious that nobody even needed to come out and say it.

:lolbron:

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
Something about this thread title never sat right with me.
The title is sensationalist bullshyt

I know for a fact that there are plenty of Nuggets fans who loved Carmelo and his time playing in Denver AND STILL hold him in high regard

He helped put Denver back on the map as far as basketball and we made the playoffs consistently

Even with the documented struggles of Melo getting out of the first round of the playoffs I don’t think fans really turned against him until he made it clear he didn’t want to be a Denver Nugget and wanted to play elsewhere

I love Jokic and I think there’s something potentially special with our current core but he ain’t erase shyt when it comes to Melo

Melo still gets love here

If the Nuggets find a way to win a chip with Jokic leading the way though :hubie:

Daps
The title is sensationalist bullshyt

I know for a fact that there are plenty of Nuggets fans who loved Carmelo and his time playing in Denver AND STILL hold him in high regard

He helped put Denver back on the map as far as basketball and we made the playoffs consistently

Even with the documented struggles of Melo getting out of the first round of the playoffs I don’t think fans really turned against him until he made it clear he didn’t want to be a Denver Nugget and wanted to play elsewhere

I love Jokic and I think there’s something potentially special with our current core but he ain’t erase shyt when it comes to Melo

Melo still gets love here

If the Nuggets find a way to win a chip with Jokic leading the way though :hubie:
Its not about hate or love for Melo, thats just an emotional reaction from basketball fans. The Carmelo Anthony era will always be synonymous with routine playoff disappointment. Melo is a top 5 Nugget who routinely underachieved every year before having one WCF run. That run was the first time in his post season career he averaged more than 3 assists (a whopping 4). You can blame Karl, the supporting cast, circumstances, whatever you want; at the end of the day that team lived and died by Melo and they died year after year

Its funny to me how this board crucifies Paul George for calling himself Playoff P despite having two ECF births including him dragging the 2014 Pacers to that beatdown vs the Heat

Melo an all time great scoring HOFer who brought relevancy to Denver but through his repeated failures he established Denver as a "Be Happy To Be In The Playoffs" city. It can be both ways, because it is

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
Its not about hate or love for Melo, thats just an emotional reaction from basketball fans. The Carmelo Anthony era will always be synonymous with routine playoff disappointment. Melo is a top 5 Nugget who routinely underachieved every year before having one WCF run. That run was the first time in his post season career he averaged more than 3 assists (a whopping 4). You can blame Karl, the supporting cast, circumstances, whatever you want; at the end of the day that team lived and died by Melo and they died year after year

Its funny to me how this board crucifies Paul George for calling himself Playoff P despite having two ECF births including him dragging the 2014 Pacers to that beatdown vs the Heat

Melo an all time great scoring HOFer who brought relevancy to Denver but through his repeated failures he established Denver as a "Be Happy To Be In The Playoffs" city. It can be both ways, because it is
200.gif

I swear we want to be more than “just happy to be in the playoffs” though :mjcry:

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In one word - yes.

For the simple fact that Jokic is a special player (no other player, besides Draymond on defense, leaves me in constant awe) and very few big men in NBA history have his command of the floor, and Melo, well, he's primarily used as a vessel for bum ass nikkas to vicariously live through because of his image and style of play - when you strip all that shyt back, there's essentially nothing there.

:manny:
Another great game from MVP Jokic tonight. Why didn’t you up this thread @Gil Scott-Heroin