Nightmare at the Box Office. WORST SUMMER SINCE 97.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
There used to be dollar theaters around my way in the 90s and early 2000s but they're vamoose. There are still a couple of cheap theaters around but not dollar cheap and for real, you wouldn't even want to go to those theaters if you have a choice
:dead: @ vamoose

off topic but drive in theatres are damn near vamoose where i stay.. there's only one and its really far so i dont wanna make that drive

never been to one in my adult life though :to:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'm sure Vader will be in the film as a Flashback or Dream sequence. Yoda will be in it as a Force Ghost guiding Luke in the Afterlife. As far as forcing them. Disney has not choice. Vader is one of the biggest Villians in Movie History. Vader and Yoda ARE Star Wars. They have to be included. I just don't want them to bring back Anakin (Hayden Christisen). We are talking JJ Abrams here. He directed the perfect 1980's E.T. homage film with "Super 8". I'm sure he will capture the original Trilogy and it was a Notaligia trip which will bring out generations of fans new and old.

i can't see flashbacks in a star wars movie because none of them have any.

and the closest thing we have to a dream sequence was the cave scene in TESB.

actually u know what there WERE those moments in ROTS where anakin was having nightmares about padme but a) those scenes never felt like they belonged in star wars movie to begin with and b) it was the prequels so who gives a fukk.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
i can't see flashbacks in a star wars movie because none of them have any.

and the closest thing we have to a dream sequence was the cave scene in TESB.

actually u know what there WERE those moments in ROTS where anakin was having nightmares about padme but a) those scenes never felt like they belonged in star wars movie to begin with and b) it was the prequels so who gives a fukk.

Yeah but Lucas is no longer directed it. There are rumors that there will be Vader and young Leia flashback. We can't expect JJ or the new directors to follow Lucas Blueprint 100%. The only things that won't change are the Opening Crawl and it panning down to a Ship or Planet. That will stay the same but everything else seems fair game. But it's clear JJ is basically a Spielberg/Lucas disciple so he will keep it close to the original trilogy:

New+X-Wing.jpg

video-undefined-1E1403B200000578-738_636x358.jpg

JJ standing next to the Old School Tie-Fighters, this is Luke Skywalkers ship. Also JJ standing with a puppet. So it's clear he's taking back to the original trilogy.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:dead: @ vamoose

off topic but drive in theatres are damn near vamoose where i stay.. there's only one and its really far so i dont wanna make that drive

never been to one in my adult life though :to:

Someone keeps telling me there's one around here or at least within an hour or hour and a half drive...I need some serious motivation to make that drive breh.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There used to be dollar theaters around my way in the 90s and early 2000s but they're vamoose. There are still a couple of cheap theaters around but not dollar cheap and for real, you wouldn't even want to go to those theaters if you have a choice
Well ours isn't a dollar anymore but it's still referred by it ($2, but have have off Tuesdays). Cinemark 10, ours is right next to Liberty University and is clean. They also hold some special showings like Rifftrax, Classics, and they held the 48 hour film project that I participated in the other week.

It's an good alternative for couples and families that won't to go out to the theater at night and don't want to spend an arm and a leg.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Well ours isn't a dollar anymore but it's still referred by it ($2, but have have off Tuesdays). Carmike 10, ours is right next to Liberty University and is clean. They also hold some special showings like Rifftrax, Classics, and they held the 48 hour film project that I participated in the other week.

It's an good alternative for couples and families that won't to go out to the theater at night and don't want to spend an arm and a leg.

On the real, my pockets are happy I didn't spend as much time this summer at the movies as usual. I ain't mad:yeshrug:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
There are still Dollar Theaters. But nowhere near the amount in the 80's and 90's. Drives In's are damn near extinct also. I don't see theaters going away permently but things are changing and these new box office numbers are sending a message.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
There are still Dollar Theaters. But nowhere near the amount in the 80's and 90's. Drives In's are damn near extinct also. I don't see theaters going away permently but things are changing and these new box office numbers are sending a message.

Hm are they sending a message tho or is it just the movies? I'm not sure if it's people don't want to go to the movies or just that people don't want to see the stuff that came out.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
dollar theaters??? never heard of em.

movies are mad expensive these days, especially considering that 90% of the time i go at night.

plus 3D :sadcam:

got me spendin like 18.50 just to watch a movie.

thank god i'm single. if i had gf rite now i'd need a second job just to support my movie going habit:heh:

feel bad for all the parents out there too. you take 2 kids and a friend to see a movie, plus food and all that... probably gotta drop like 80-100 bucks.:camby:

for a day at the MOVIES.

what a fukkin embarrassment.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Hm are they sending a message tho or is it just the movies? I'm not sure if it's people don't want to go to the movies or just that people don't want to see the stuff that came out.

Well it can't be both. If people don't want to go to the movies, obviously quality could be an issue but a lot of the blockbusters that underperformed got amazing critical reviews. So is it the quality? or is it people want to save money. I think people are making finanical decisions and feeling like going to the theater isn't worth it anymore. So maybe people use to see 10 movies a year, now they are only seeing 5. The Attendence numbers show to dramatic of a drop off for Hollywood to not notice. So Hollywood is still making money yes but they are doing it off 3D and marked up ticket prices. They are not filling these seats up.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Well it can't be both. If people don't want to go to the movies, obviously quality could be an issue but a lot of the blockbusters that underperformed got amazing critical reviews. So is it the quality? or is it people want to save money. I think people are making finanical decisions and feeling like going to the theater isn't worth it anymore. So maybe people use to see 10 movies a year, now they are only seeing 5. The Attendence numbers show to dramatic of a drop off for Hollywood to not notice. So Hollywood is still making money yes but they are doing it off 3D and marked up ticket prices. They are not filling these seats up.

Well that's been going on for years though not just this summer. When you adjust the box office numbers for inflation, damn near nothing makes as much as it used to. When you adjust for inflation, Godzilla made less money than the 98 movie.