Nightmare at the Box Office. WORST SUMMER SINCE 97.

HoLLaBaCK

SOHH ICEY
Daps
Reppin
New York
It's not a mystery as to what's going on...people just don't have the money for it anymore. 2 tickets to the movies is damn near $40 then god forbid whoever your with wants a snack and u are easily clearing $50 for 1 movie :rudy:.

I only go to event movies and shyt even these days IM missing more and more of them.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This is true. I took my kid to see Ninja Turtles and there was a family of 7 in front of me (husband, wife and 5 kids). Their tickets came to $65 :damn: and then they went to the concession stand. I know that is an extreme case but people can't afford that shyt anymore

And not to get into a political discussion but I still contend that's a case of wages not going up as opposed to everything just being high. Logic dictates that prices will rise as companies try to find ways to make more money off of products but wages have been stagnant for almost a decade and haven't kept up with the cost of living. Grant it that's not all places though because the cost of living where I stay at pales in comparison to the cost of living in Texas or Arizona or somewhere farther down south. Hence, all of the gentrification we see going on in big cities at the moment. It's tougher and tougher for middle class or low middle class income families to make it so they're "forced" out and move down south or to the suburbs

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
Well ours isn't a dollar anymore but it's still referred by it ($2, but have have off Tuesdays). Cinemark 10, ours is right next to Liberty University and is clean. They also hold some special showings like Rifftrax, Classics, and they held the 48 hour film project that I participated in the other week.

Are you in Lynchburg, VA?

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not a mystery as to what's going on...people just don't have the money for it anymore. 2 tickets to the movies is damn near $40 then god forbid whoever your with wants a snack and u are easily clearing $50 for 1 movie :rudy:.

I only go to event movies and shyt even these days IM missing more and more of them.

Yeah I agree.. I only see movies in theaters that need to be seen on the big screen or IMAX 3D. Only exception might be a date night and a big comedy is out or something. So pretty much that leaves only big action and sci fi movies.Other genres even though I like them just aint worth it no more.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Save Us Denzel. Your our only hope. Can't wait for "Equalizer"

tumblr_n745c7obiK1qcjzvuo1_500.gif

froggle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Movies are an escape from reality, but I am older now and I want to be entertained, not by no damn explosisons every single second. I have seen enough over my lifetime that it is :ld: Damn we fiending off the Wire, Breaking Bad and other shows that have great character development and simply a good story. Movie of the summer so far Planet of the Apes :ohlawd::ohlawd: I'll download explosions or wait till netflix

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Why are PPV streams out of the question? Yes Pirating could be an issue. But maybe they do something where the Movie is out in theaters for the 1st month then you can stream the movie a month later for like 25-30. That way they still make their theater money but now they are going to get PPV money. I think the PPV "New Releases" could make Hollywood Billions. Imagine 1 Million homes buying it. That's 30 Million dollars right there. If 5 Million homes buy it that's 150 Million which would be a success at the box office. I think Hollywood will resist at 1st but PPV New Release Movies are in the pipeline folks. If we have PPV boxing and sports. Why not movies for new releases?
i get what you're saying breh but its kind of hard to compare a movie to a live sporting event

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Same thing with music industry is with the movies

Nobody wants to do it the hardway anymore, and what you get is half assed result

the fact is there's nothing coming out to really make you go to the movies

which is why they had to make sure guardians was a success by having all the positive reviews ahead of time acting like it was the best thing ever, when it was mediocre

I saw the winter soldlier finally and I could barely watch it all, average is the word that comes to mind
comic books just don't make a good films as long as these comics fans keep buying this shyt, you're gonna get more and more of this crap

original brand new from scratch movie franchises need to developed without relying on source material

comedies have fallen off, because they are no great comedic actors out right now

a star coming along can easily fix that

dramas, they've just been done to death, you need a compelling story as well as great acting to make people want to buy to see in theaters

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
going to the theater sucks ass. plus its too expensive for most to do regularly. who wants to sit in a crowded ass theater to watch a movie, where some a$$hole has his phone out in front of you and its fukking glowing right in your face, and some dikkface brings his young kid to a movie and hes sitting behind you kicking your seat all movie, and some dipshyt a couple seats over is talking with his friends all movie long. it costs like 12 bucks to get a shot of soda and an ounce of popcorn. if the movie is a popular new release, you have to get there early to line up and make sure you get a seat where youre not looking damn near vertically at the screen from the front few rows. sound and picture quality is obviously better in the theater, but imo the difference between a home theater and dealing with that bullshyt at the actual theater for a fraction of the price isnt large enough to justify going constantly to the movies, and its way more convenient to watch at home