Status
Not open for further replies.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly. No matter where in the world I go, it's all love to my black brothers and sisters.

Facts, never got static with anyone black. It's only been certain white and asian folks in corporate settings.

Life is amazing, family great...just want the best for anyone black.

When black people lookout (school, work, nightlife, etc)...they never asked my nationality, where I grew up, anything personal
On the flip side I'm also looking out. Especially when it comes to job interviews for black candidates

SupaDupaFresh

Superstar
Daps
My parents never told me to stay away from anyone. My father attended university in Minneapolis and Memphis during the 70s, and he had lifelong friends who were Black Americans. They shared amazing stories about my dad during his funeral. Some of those friends were integral parts of my life. My family never talked about Akata. I grew up surrounded by Black American, Nigerian, and Caribbean cultures, and that's what I know and love.

You can feel how you feel, and that's cool.

It's crazy the stark difference between nikkas who are just miserable psychopaths and folks who are really human.

I'm just learning to laugh at these diaspora war threads and the same insecure, self-important nikkas who are so invested in it.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I grew up to pan-africanist parents. I thought all Africans were like my parents until I got around them.

NYC Rebel

Daps
It means stray cat. It refers to Nigerians who’ve gone abroad (US and UK) and forget aspects of life back at home
No. They are referring to Black Americans. So often these folks slip up around me thinking I'm down with their type of talk.

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
No. They are referring to Black Americans. So often these folks slip up around me thinking I'm down with their type of talk.
I understand that and I will not lie and say there are not sneaky Africans who speak ill on African-Americans.

But that’s what the word means. I’ve been called that. Seen mfs retwist the meaning to make it sound more sinister

NYC Rebel

Daps
The pushback we are seeing is from Pan-Africanism being one sided. Pan-Africanism was born outside of Africa. Ironically, Africans never embraced it as tribalism is their day to day existence. And the Africans Kwame Nkrumah who did embrace pan-africanism more often than not were educated in the US. when attempting to execute it in Africa they were either assassinated or overthrown. Kwame Nkrumah desperately tried to create a one Africa, one army and when doing so, the UN swooped in and formed the African Union to offset his influence.

At the end of the day, most of Africa never embraced pan-africanism that Black Americans long embraced. It was always one sided and now we are seeing the push back.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
The pushback we are seeing is from Pan-Africanism being one sided. Pan-Africanism was born outside of Africa. Ironically, Africans never embraced it as tribalism is their day to day existence. And the Africans Kwame Nkrumah who did embrace pan-africanism more often than not were educated in the US. when attempting to execute it in Africa they were either assassinated or overthrown. Kwame Nkrumah desperately tried to create a one Africa, one army and when doing so, the UN swooped in and formed the African Union to offset his influence.

At the end of the day, most of Africa never embraced pan-africanism that Black Americans long embraced. It was always one sided and now we are seeing the push back.

This is ahistorical.

The Pan African Congresses, OAU/AU, and the existence of multi ethnic African states, and pan African struggles against colonialism and racial Apartheid is evidence enough.

Pan-Africanism waned in the 1990s (South Africa was liberated and the Congo Wars erupted) but it was THE pan-continental driving force until then.

NYC Rebel

Daps
This is ahistorical.

The Pan African Congresses, OAU/AU, and the existence of multi ethnic African states, and pan African struggles against colonialism and racial Apartheid is evidence enough.

Pan-Africanism waned in the 1990s (South Africa was liberated and the Congo Wars erupted) but it was THE pan-continental driving force until then.
Pan Africanism never had any real foothold in Africa. South Africa’s fight was similar to Black’s fight here as they were in proximity to their oppressors. Which is why the bond between south africans and black americans was far stronger than with other groups. Either way, the powers that be were not going to allow pan Africanism to take root in Africa.

The formation of the African Union was done to hurt Kwame

Status
Not open for further replies.