Nigerian comedian Godfrey says some Africans hate African Americans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Pan Africanism never had any real foothold in Africa. South Africa’s fight was similar to Black’s fight here as they were in proximity to their oppressors. Which is why the bond between south africans and black americans was far stronger than with other groups. Either way, the powers that be were not going to allow pan Africanism to take root in Africa.

The formation of the African Union was done to hurt Kwame

The very basis of post-colonial Africa was based on pan-African tenets
:unimpressed:

South Africa was but one struggle amongst others: Algeria, Mau-Mau, Rhodesia, Angola/Mozambique

Also, again, ahistorical (literally, a lie) to state that the bond between the ANC and African Americans was stronger.

Nigeria gave the ANC $1 billion, the ANC trained in Algeria and Ethiopia, all of Africa advocated against Apartheid at the UN and other bodies

Please, stick to facts.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I posted this six years ago. Africans treat africans like dirt. All theyre doing is importing a behavior they long carried.

There are c00ns in every community
Your personal experience that all Africans are not pan-Africanst like your parents...I get it

It's essential we handle one another with grace and understanding.
You're literally discussing the ramifications of white supremacy that creates seeds of doubt, division, and hatred amongst the black community.

We should be having a discussion on the "Why".
A lot of the programming directed towards Africans framed Europeans as allies/white saviors and Black Americans as aggressors. [You're smart enough to understand how music, movies, tv, news, etc are used to weaponize a community]
Vice Versa, a lot of the messaging geared toward Black Americans painted Africans as ravaged, poverty-stricken people.

These tropes are leveraged pre-internet, social media age. More misalignment and understanding amongst the older generation.

I only hear about diaspora issues on TheColi, and FBA Twitter.
No one in my inner, and outer circles personally and professionally experiences diaspora issues. I broke bread and have been to a bunch of weddings, baby showers, music festival trips, vacations, and professional/career events amongst black folks from all over, with no issues.

I truly do not understand how y'all have issues with other black people

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There are c00ns in every community
Your personal experience that all Africans are not pan-Africanst like your parents...I get it

It's essential we handle one another with grace and understanding.
You're literally discussing the ramifications of white supremacy that creates seeds of doubt, division, and hatred amongst the black community.

We should be having a discussion on the "Why".
A lot of the programming directed towards Africans framed Europeans as allies/white saviors and Black Americans as aggressors. [You're smart enough to understand how music, movies, tv, news, etc are used to weaponize a community]
Vice Versa, a lot of the messaging geared toward Black Americans painted Africans as ravaged, poverty-stricken people.

These tropes are leveraged pre-internet, social media age. More misalignment and understanding amongst the older generation.

I only hear about diaspora issues on TheColi, and FBA Twitter.
No one in my inner, and outer circles personally and professionally experiences diaspora issues. I broke bread and have been to a bunch of weddings, baby showers, music festival trips, vacations, and professional/career events amongst black folks from all over, with no issues.

I truly do not understand how y'all have issues with other black people
Jealousy

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some nigerians are cocky have you thinking nigeria is paved with gold the way some of them act.

Still the only place i've been so far I seen dudes sh*tting in the street

I seen it in:
New York
Denver
Seattle
Portland

Nigerians are very cocky, our government is shyt.
Yea, nationally, the country is shyt
On an individual level, damn near every Nigerian I personally know* is doing amazing in life (about half overcoming poverty)

Even in the sports arena
Adesanya
Usman
Joshua
Giannis
Hakeem

From nothing to 1% in their fields
We're used to overcoming tough circumstances and being great

With that avy, you should know better

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Not refuting your point but the whole “ados has no culture because they can’t trace their lineage is wild and shytty talking point” < not saying you agree with this.

African americans have carved out their own customs, vernacular, dance, music, persona etc. we have our own ethnic enclave and attributes like anyone else. We are just the byproducts of slavery just like carribeans and south/central americans. We carved out our own lane after being displaced in our homeland.

Without african americans there is no american culture. We dictate pop, sports, entertainment and fashion.
I just gave you an answer to your question. I am not the one to refute to as I don't disagree with you

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
"Africans" don't even like "Africans". There is no unified body of Africans that all love each other but just happen to hate black folks. The main difference is American black folks didn't grow up other there, so they aren't privy to the tribal/ethnic conflicts. If a lot of them are in conflict with each other, it would be no surprise they continue to stick to their own culture/tribe and don't want to mix with African Americans.

Status
Not open for further replies.