NFL What have we learned Week 1

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Something stinks in Cincy - Horrible, horrible loss to the Patriots. Bengals usually start slow, but you can't lose to a team like the Patriots. Going 0-2 isn't the end of the world for this team with WAS, CAR and NYG on the schedule in the next few weeks, but margin of error to make playoffs in the AFC isn't big.

Daniel Jones - watching this guy is beyond painful. NYG needs to move on.

Antonio Pierce is in way over his head as a HC and it's painfully obvious. Passing up on Harbaugh (who was at least interested) is such a Mark Davis move.

Steelers are interesting with Justin Fields. Doesn't need to do to much, use your legs, don't turn the ball over and let the Steeler defense make splash plays. Tomlin's streak maybe safe for another year.

Is is time to declare Bryce Young a bust? Do you give him a 3rd season at this rate?
Just about every game will come down to one possession.

Taking the underdog +10 against them is a pretty safe bet this year.

premier58

All Star
Daps
He did suffer an injury, miss a full season, and pass 30 in between there. He might just be washed now. Cant forget McVeigh and Kupp helping out too.

2 things can be true. They havent surrounded him with weapons like Burrow, Tua, CJ, Purdy. But he has left something to be desired with his passing/decision making, especially in crucial games/moments. That said, the KC D is no joke he was a toe away from carrying his squad to win on the road. Most other QBs woulda been food for that pass rush.

The thing with Lamar is that people tend to go too far in one direction or the other. Its either GOAT or he aint shyt. Neither is true. I just wanna know what any QB not named Pat has done to distance themselves from him?
I dont feel he is trash, Im not a fan of his as a passer. Great playmaker, though. Your peers will always show how they feel. Hollywood wanted out and DHop didnt wanna go there. No WR is having an All Pro type yr with him. Good point about Odell. That year off recovering may have done him in

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
The thing with Lamar is that people tend to go too far in one direction or the other. Its either GOAT or he aint shyt. Neither is true
This is like 95% of football discussions online now. Cherry picking stats to make their points.
That's why I mostly just post tweets these days lol

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont feel he is trash, Im not a fan of his as a passer. Great playmaker, though. Your peers will always show how they feel. Hollywood wanted out and DHop didnt wanna go there. No WR is having an All Pro type yr with him. Good point about Odell. That year off recovering may have done him in
I am not sure thats the most reliable standard. I mean Reek left Pat. Adams left Rodgers. Diggs was tryna get out of Buffalo for years. Hopkins passed on KC too. Quality of the QB isnt the only factor. Money is always a factor. Play style, locale, personal relationships etc. I think the best standard is how he plays. And for whatever shortcomings he has, he is making plays but he is also suffering the same fate as people that are supposed to be better passers than him.

premier58

All Star
Daps
I am not sure thats the most reliable standard. I mean Reek left Pat. Adams left Rodgers. Diggs was tryna get out of Buffalo for years. Hopkins passed on KC too. Quality of the QB isnt the only factor. Money is always a factor. Play style, locale, personal relationships etc. I think the best standard is how he plays. And for whatever shortcomings he has, he is making plays but he is also suffering the same fate as people that are supposed to be better passers than him.
Good, solid points. Reek wanted bread, so did Davante. Diggs is a broad type. Never satisfied. KC offered DHop peanuts because they didnt have much. He chased the money. I would take Josh Allen over Lamar, every single time. Not even close in my opinion. I already said Burrow is the most overrated. Lamar and Dak are 50/50 for me.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good, solid points. Reek wanted bread, so did Davante. Diggs is a broad type. Never satisfied. KC offered DHop peanuts because they didnt have much. He chased the money. I would take Josh Allen over Lamar, every single time. Not even close in my opinion. I already said Burrow is the most overrated. Lamar and Dak are 50/50 for me.
What in your opinion separates them?

premier58

All Star
Daps
What in your opinion separates them?
Allen can raise his level of play to a degree that Jackson, cant. Allen is alot better passer and surveyor of the field. Better as a passer within the pocket and on the run. Allen will miss throws, but he generally makes up for it. I dont think he is intimidated by big moments, I feel like Lamar is. He is wayy better in redzone situations, too. JA is not infallible, but myy belief in him is alot greater than Lamar.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Fukk an MVP. Drew Brees doesnt even have one. Brett Favre has more than Joe Montana. Lamar cannot elevate WR's. No WR wants to go there. DHop couldve signed there, he didnt bother. Im sure Odell regretted it, too.
Current NFL players consistently rate him the 2nd best QB in the NFL, yet coli nikkas think he trash and overrated. :russ:

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
What does Josh Allen do better? :mjpls: