NFL Week 3: What Have We Learned?!

Learn anything new?

• Total voters

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
The dolphins are a fire dumpster. Our skill guys on both sides are getting older. The speed element is no longer an advantage on the rest of the league if you play man press. And teams have figured it out. Further more, we don't have a legit WR 3 to really help out. We gotta utilize weapons like Smith in Max Protect, because our O-Lines are annually cursed and banged up. Teams are sniffing out every short yardage play, and we didn't give a HOOT in paying a legit backup QB behind TUA, even though we knew of his injury history. Flores put pressure on these boys to legtitimize Tua, and I feel paying a LEGIT backup, would've created alot of media chatter and whispers about Tua being supplanted. And we can't have that, if we/thefanbase and NFL has it that Flores was just a horrible abusive coach. Getting a legit backup who looks good, would do bad for that narrative. McDaniles being the "players coach" has to be the kayfabe we keep up with. Even to the detriment of the franchise. We are COOKED for the next decade and beyond. Quick rebuilds aren't in this teams future, because we always mess up with the rebuild that we do have. That's what I learned in Week 3, even though this has been true for MANY week 3s since Marino's retirement. Fire Chris Greer.

broller

Veteran
Daps
And I'm gonna ask you the same question again. Why do you think they stopped in the first place?

And I'm gonna give you the same answer. Now let me know why you're so confident that it won't happen again. Do you have an answer or are you just going to go in circles?

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
I didn't say that. "no one" meaning a rookie/2nd year guy is not doing that. He's had multiple OC's and hasn't even played a full 18 games. Unfair to compare him to a 14 year vet.

Alex Smith talked about it today. Despite his limitations he was set up to fail. He should have sat behind a vet. They're doing that in New England, did it in Green Bay, etc

It’s the new NFL teams not sitting QBs nowadays…you got to come in and show promise…Love was a late first round pick with an established starter, it’s easier to sit then.

And surely Drake Maye will start games this year…I dnt know what yall magically expect QBs to learn while sitting that they can’t learn by starting..yall need to kill that narrative..

Bryce young just sorry.. :hubie:

broller

Veteran
Daps
There was no answer you gave that actually had any relevance to what I asked. So yeah, in circles we go.

I said I don't know why. So I want to know why you think it won't happen. But obviously you have no answer...

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s the new NFL teams not sitting QBs nowadays…you got to come in and show promise…Love was a late first round pick with an established starter, it’s easier to sit then.

And surely Drake Maye will start games this year…I dnt know what yall magically expect QBs to learn while sitting that they can’t learn by starting..yall need to kill that narrative..

Bryce young just sorry.. :hubie:

They can learn quite a lot and then apply what they learned when it's their turn. You think Jordan Love would have played the way he did if he started day 1? Some QBs can start day 1 but most can't.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They can learn quite a lot and then apply what they learned when it's their turn. You think Jordan Love would have played the way he did if he started day 1? Some QBs can start day 1 but most can't.
I get what you are saying but sitting an early pick only really pays off in certain situations. Sitting behind Aaron Rodgers is different than sitting behind a MF you are better than like Jacoby Brissett.

In that case sitting them is most likely delaying their development

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I get what you are saying but sitting an early pick only really pays off in certain situations. Sitting behind Aaron Rodgers is different than sitting behind a MF you are better than like Jacoby Brissett.

In that case sitting them is most likely delaying their development

Brady even said it..guys need to sit and learn. Very few can make it in a trial by fire situation on a poor team. Look at Mahomes. But if you're going to start a guy from jump, you need to have patience.

Hawala Man

All Star
Daps
Dalton should've been the starter from week 1 he has the experience and poise to get the Panthers a couple wins.

Bengals defense is trash and shows you a great defense with mediocre offense can produce better results.

If Breece Hall gets injured they have a young stud in Allen who looks like he could break out soon with more carries.

Vikings defense will be tested in week 4 they look like one of the best defenses so far but still too early.

Seahawks have a shot at stealing NFC West with all the injuries to the 49ers and Rams.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Unfortunately we'll never have an answer but it's the question of nature versus nurture. Like if Jordan Love started for day one it's very possible that he'd be way better than what he looked like last year. It's one thing to see game speed versus playing against it. Now that would've hurt the organization in the short term since they had A-Rod. But for most teams that are going to be bad anyway does it really hurt to have the QB out there early as long as you're building for something long term. We hype up the guys that sat and came out guns blazing but alos ignore that some QBs like Payton struggled out the gate and found his footing and that may have made him even better long term as he had to learn to play in less than ideal circumstances. So then when he gets all the pieces around him he can take those little tricks he learned to survive the bad times.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Unfortunately we'll never have an answer but it's the question of nature versus nurture. Like if Jordan Love started for day one it's very possible that he'd be way better than what he looked like last year. It's one thing to see game speed versus playing against it. Now that would've hurt the organization in the short term since they had A-Rod. But for most teams that are going to be bad anyway does it really hurt to have the QB out there early as long as you're building for something long term. We hype up the guys that sat and came out guns blazing but alos ignore that some QBs like Payton struggled out the gate and found his footing and that may have made him even better long term as he had to learn to play in less than ideal circumstances. So then when he gets all the pieces around him he can take those little tricks he learned to survive the bad times.
A lot has to do with where they're drafted. If late 1st or later like Love the expectation is there's quite a bit they need to learn before they see the field

Much of this talk is revisionist history off what's going on in Carolina but it's not realistic. You're not drafting somebody top 5 that needs to sit. If they're going that high, QB especially, they need to be playing otherwise what's the point