NFL Week 11: What have we learned

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dameon Pierce didn't play today, and for the 2nd week in a row Devin Singletary ran for 100 yards and a touchdown.

Pierce came out of nowhere last season to be an absolute force. And it already looks like he's done in Houston. His ceiling is limited to begin with because he's not a viable pass catcher out of the backfield. And if he can't bully his way at the line of scrimmage, there's no use for him.

Given that CJ Stroud has impressed with his ability to read defenses as a rookie, the logical move is to give him a dynamic RB who can put pressure on linebackers in the passing game.

I'll admit this might seem premature and hyperbolic, but I just don't see anything Pierce excels at to the point Houston needs him.

They need to let pierce go, sign Saquan, and draft an RB in the later rounds.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Dobbs=dual threat ability with a high ceiling

They need to get that type of QB in the building

I agree. One thing I see of Pittsburgh is that to me, they have a pair of backs that can be truly viable weapons in the passing game. We just saw Josh Allen dominate against the Jets primarily through check downs and getting the RBs the ball in space. There are a ton of drives that Pittsburgh could have sustained if Pickett was willing to check it down.

But yeah, when I say vet, I mean somebody who has either shown flashes no matter where but for whatever reason never gained the trust of the organization to run the ship for an extended period of time, or someone who had an Alex Smith scenario (solid starter with plenty left in the tank, but he loses his job to a younger, more dynamic player due to a long-term injury) happen to them. Not neccesarily someone on the downside of his career.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Dameon Pierce didn't play today, and for the 2nd week in a row Devin Singletary ran for 100 yards and a touchdown.

Pierce came out of nowhere last season to be an absolute force. And it already looks like he's done in Houston. His ceiling is limited to begin with because he's not a viable pass catcher out of the backfield. And if he can't bully his way at the line of scrimmage, there's no use for him.

Given that CJ Stroud has impressed with his ability to read defenses as a rookie, the logical move is to give him a dynamic RB who can put pressure on linebackers in the passing game.

I'll admit this might seem premature and hyperbolic, but I just don't see anything Pierce excels at to the point Houston needs him.

Devin Singletary -- who on a per-carry basis is one of the more underrated backs in the league but has never played for a team that prioritized running the ball until now, it seems -- seems to be the answer for the team right now.

Even when Pierce comes back, Singletary needs to be the lead.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
-Brandon Staley dropped a ‘you actin like’ in his presser :dead: He’ll be fired this off-season

-Quentin Johnson is a franchise altering whiff. They desperately need defensive help but now they still don’t have youth and speed at WR (and potential Keenan/Mike replacement). Missing on him is brutal

Breh, if the Ravens come out and melt them on Sunday night, Staley might not even make it out of this month with a job. Arthur Smith gets away with being combative during his press availability for the time being because the Falcons might still fukk around and win the division, since it's so mediocre. Staley is rapidly burning whatever goodwill he has left.

And when he's gone, Tom Telesco might be right behind him. Signing Staley, the JC Jackson debacle, what's looking like a pretty disastrous miss on Quintin Johnston, trying to play hardball with Austin Ekeler despite having absolutely no one of starting caliber behind him on the depth chart, and probably overpaying Mike Williams is probably enough for ownership to just want to hit the reset button on everything.

They were hoping for Claypool to be that guy but so far so bad

It's crazy that the Dolphins made the same mistake the Bears did. Breh is overrated player in his second contract levels of disinterested and disengaged, but probably won't actually see a meaningful second contract, if he even gets one.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Staley is horrible but goodness the media is so dirty

The full question he was asked to get that viral clip

‘So the defense is very bad, dating back to when you got here:umad: You keep saying and doing the same things. Soooo….’

They know what buttons to press.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
-Quentin Johnson is a franchise altering whiff. They desperately need defensive help but now they still don’t have youth and speed at WR (and potential Keenan/Mike replacement). Missing on him is brutal

I haven't watched the Chargers super closely this year, but I saw the big drop he had yesterday.

Is he not getting open, slow to grasp the offense or? I figured with the way the Chargers have tended to do offense, he would have been a great fit especially coming into a locker room with Keenan Allen and Mike Williams (both of whom could teach him the game and how to work with body control, etc.)

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I haven't watched the Chargers super closely this year, but I saw the big drop he had yesterday.

Is he not getting open, slow to grasp the offense or? I figured with the way the Chargers have tended to do offense, he would have been a great fit especially coming into a locker room with Keenan Allen and Mike Williams (both of whom could teach him the game and how to work with body control, etc.)
Can't run the whole route tree and his hands are very shaky.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Can't run the whole route tree and his hands are very shaky.

Yep. And on top of that he ran 4.5. I could a swore he was billed a big and fast type.

Why tf would they draft another slower WR when you have Keenan and Mike. I can forgive passing on Addison bc he lacks speed too (even tho history will kill them for that bc he’s a stud pause), but Zay flowers would have been a perfect fit and the exact juice they need.