Next steps: Republicans say they're repealing minority-targeted scholarship programs

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Wisconsin has a Dem Governor who would likely veto the attempt, but if Republicans have a super majority in state Congress then they can override the veto.

I can see this becoming a trend in conservative circles state by state. DeSantis and Abbott are probably upset they didn't think of it first.
Isn’t this always the play now though?

Multiple attempts from multiple states to force the Supreme Court for clarification

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
What do you think the Democrats should do that's actually within their legislative power?

Democrats can't mind control Republicans and make them think like them and propose bills like them?

Tons of Democrats have fought for minority scholarships and other things that help minorities and the working class. I could run through the whole list if you want to.

But Democrats aren't powerful enough to stop Republicans for fighting hard for their agendas. Trump spend his whole term building up the Supreme Court to extreme levels of MAGA and we're facing the consequences for it.

What do you want the Dems to do: Travel back in time and assassinate Trump before he could get elected and give us a highly Conservative Supreme Court? That's not possible.

At some point, you gotta put blame on the right people.

You are absolutely right...:francis: i gotta put blame on the right people...

But that's not my problem anymore... Y'all got this...:mjgrin:

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I haven’t read the affirmative action whole opinion but the tiny parts that were posted indicate that financial considerations are still ok in education. Seems like this would be on point

But these courts just seem to be doing political shyt so you never know
Exactly

Once the financial part stays also as long as good grades scholarships stay.

Plus

A lot of the scholarships to minorities are given by organizations including companies.

Last edited:

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
So, which party helped to keep and maintain minority scholarships and affirmative action programs all these years: Libertarians?

If Republicans had their way, it would've been bushed since the 1970's.

If you have to explain that to that silly ass individual they aren't worth thr conversation

Crude

Superstar
Daps
Select members of the Coli from 2016-2020 said “I like my racism out in the open.”

The consequences of 2016 election will be felt for at least the next 30 years probably long after Trump has died of old age, judges he appointed will still be making decisions on ish that will affect a generation.

SupaDupaFresh

Superstar
Daps
you bringing up bothsides instead of what the DEMS are gonna do to fight back against this...:what: is really fukking bizzare and this is the bullshyt i keep on about...:beli: but whatever bothsides are to blame yadda yadda yadda

Oh I almost forgot to list Democrats in that post.

Both sides running cover and interference for Republicans like they're above criticism as usual. You bytch ass c00ns are getting more obvious by the day. Vote Republican and get it over wit breh.

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
You are absolutely right...:francis: i gotta put blame on the right people...

But that's not my problem anymore... Y'all got this...:mjgrin:

Well, the Democrats are the only party with a track record of fighting Republicans and keeping America from turning into a full blown fascist theocracy that never holds White men accountable.

If the DNC didn't fight for minority scholarship, Affirmative action, and other tangibles over the years, the GOP would've bushed it decades ago.

Libertarians and the Green Party wouldn't do shyt to fight the GOP on that issue if they were in that position.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
you bringing up bothsides instead of what the DEMS are gonna do to fight back against this...:what: is really fukking bizzare and this is the bullshyt i keep on about...:beli: but whatever bothsides are to blame yadda yadda yadda
I don’t know if you’re being serious or just being contrarian but to answer your question the governor of Wisconsin Tony Evers has already said he’s vetoing the measures and any future ones. Republicans tried this last year and Tony vetoed it

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Low Quality Posting
Well, the Democrats are the only party with a track record of fighting Republicans and keeping America from turning into a full blown fascist theocracy that never holds White men accountable.

If the DNC didn't fight for minority scholarship, Affirmative action, and other tangibles over the years, the GOP would've bushed it decades ago.

Libertarians and the Green Party wouldn't do shyt to fight the GOP on that issue if they were in that position.

Affirmative Action....Gone...
Roe V Wade....Gone...

Nice track record by the dems so far bruh...:mjlol:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I don’t know if you’re being serious or just being contrarian but to answer your question the governor of Wisconsin Tony Evers has already said he’s vetoing the measures and any future ones. Republicans tried this last year and Tony vetoed it

:ehh: good...

• Dap
Reactions: rlg