Next steps: Republicans say they're repealing minority-targeted scholarship programs

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
SHOW ME WHERE IM WRONG IF YOU fukkING KNOW SO MUCH, dikkHEAD. Pull up data your goddamn self or shut up.
Dude Google is free, but try Google Scholar for empirical articles. Pew and Brooking Institute are also great sources. They publish reports on Black progress in several areas every fukking year. Don't break your brain trying to read big words though, I know you guys don't like to really read. But here are
some highlights:
  • In 1964, just one in four blacks above age 25 had graduated from high school. Today, the number is 85 percent. The percentage of blacks with a college degree has risen from 4 percent to more than 21 percent
  • In 1963, Black Americans had a stunningly high poverty rate of 51 percent, compared to 15 percent for white Americans. By 2021, poverty rates had declined, with white poverty at 8 percent and Black poverty at 20 percent.
  • The rate of Black high school attainment has sharply increased over the past 60 years, from 24.8 percent in 1962 to 90.1 percent in 2022.
  • Since the 1991 peak, the teen birth rate for Black adolescents has decreased by 67%. This is a more dramatic decrease than the overall teen birth rate, which fell 57% during the same time period.
  • Unemployment has been historically low for African Americans over the last few years. Between 1974 and 1994, Black unemployment consistently remained in the double digits, with rates twice as high as those for white Americans. From 1994 to 2017, Black unemployment rates varied between 7 percent and 10 percent, occasionally spiking to nearly 17 percent during recessions. However, since 2018, Black unemployment has reached record lows of 5 percent and 6 percent, except during the 18-month recession caused by COVID-19.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
See you slow folks on here really need each other on here. Youre dumb enough to think you can read peoples emotions through text. :mjlol: you cannot read emotions through text. CAPS or not, dummy.
I’m going to post the data later, I got a vacation to enjoy. But let’s see what straw man arguments @Professor Emeritus comes up with after that. :heh:

Mind you, we’re still waiting for him to post where I said this. Dude is a shameless pathological liar.

You were pining for the Jim Crow era in order to defend Trump, and instead of defending yourself, you're going to call @10bandz to deflect? Do you really think that @10bandz wants to be associated with the pro-Trump movement and those ridiculous right-wing claims that Black people were better under Jim Crow before MLK and LBJ "ruined" everything?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Black people being in a better position during Jim Crow is just a statistical fact.

You've been arguing this for a year, yet you've never once posted these supposed "statistical facts". :mjlol:

Now why have nothing, which is why Dr MLK changed his tune on Intergration before he died:

LIAR.

Martin Luther King Jr. never once changed his tune on integration. Nothing in that video suggests that he had changed his mind about integration. He just didn't believe that integration was enough because America had problems that went beyond race alone. He NEVER said that integration was a mistake.

This is literally the last passage in the last speech of his entire life.

"And I want to say tonight -- I want to say tonight that I too am happy that I didn't sneeze. Because if I had sneezed, I wouldn't have been around here in 1960, when students all over the South started sitting-in at lunch counters. And I knew that as they were sitting in, they were really standing up for the best in the American dream, and taking the whole nation back to those great wells of democracy which were dug deep by the Founding Fathers in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.

If I had sneezed, I wouldn't have been around here in 1961, when we decided to take a ride for freedom and ended segregation in inter-state travel.

If I had sneezed, I wouldn't have been around here in 1962, when Negroes in Albany, Georgia, decided to straighten their backs up. And whenever men and women straighten their backs up, they are going somewhere, because a man can't ride your back unless it is bent.

If I had sneezed -- If I had sneezed I wouldn't have been here in 1963, when the black people of Birmingham, Alabama, aroused the conscience of this nation, and brought into being the Civil Rights Bill.

If I had sneezed, I wouldn't have had a chance later that year, in August, to try to tell America about a dream that I had had.

If I had sneezed, I wouldn't have been down in Selma, Alabama, to see the great Movement there.

If I had sneezed, I wouldn't have been in Memphis to see a community rally around those brothers and sisters who are suffering.

I'm so happy that I didn't sneeze.

And they were telling me --. Now, it doesn't matter, now. It really doesn't matter what happens now. I left Atlanta this morning, and as we got started on the plane, there were six of us. The pilot said over the public address system, "We are sorry for the delay, but we have Dr. Martin Luther King on the plane. And to be sure that all of the bags were checked, and to be sure that nothing would be wrong with on the plane, we had to check out everything carefully. And we've had the plane protected and guarded all night."

And then I got into Memphis. And some began to say the threats, or talk about the threats that were out. What would happen to me from some of our sick white brothers?

Well, I don't know what will happen now. We've got some difficult days ahead. But it really doesn't matter with me now, because I've been to the mountaintop.

And I don't mind.

Like anybody, I would like to live a long life. Longevity has its place. But I'm not concerned about that now. I just want to do God's will. And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over. And I've seen the Promised Land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the promised land!

And so I'm happy, tonight.

I'm not worried about anything.

I'm not fearing any man!

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord!!

Lying on me wasn't enough, lying on Kamala wasn't enough, lying on the Jim Crow Era wasn't enough, you just had to lie about MLK Jr. too? :why:

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude Google is free, but try Google Scholar for empirical articles. Pew and Brooking Institute are also great sources. They publish reports on Black progress in several areas every fukking year. Don't break your brain trying to read big words though, I know you guys don't like to really read. But here are
some highlights:
  • In 1964, just one in four blacks above age 25 had graduated from high school. Today, the number is 85 percent. The percentage of blacks with a college degree has risen from 4 percent to more than 21 percent
  • In 1963, Black Americans had a stunningly high poverty rate of 51 percent, compared to 15 percent for white Americans. By 2021, poverty rates had declined, with white poverty at 8 percent and Black poverty at 20 percent.
  • The rate of Black high school attainment has sharply increased over the past 60 years, from 24.8 percent in 1962 to 90.1 percent in 2022.
  • Since the 1991 peak, the teen birth rate for Black adolescents has decreased by 67%. This is a more dramatic decrease than the overall teen birth rate, which fell 57% during the same time period.
  • Unemployment has been historically low for African Americans over the last few years. Between 1974 and 1994, Black unemployment consistently remained in the double digits, with rates twice as high as those for white Americans. From 1994 to 2017, Black unemployment rates varied
    between 7 percent and 10 percent, occasionally spiking to nearly 17 percent during recessions. However, since 2018, Black unemployment has reached record lows of 5 percent and 6 percent, except during the 18-month recession caused by COVID-19.

STUPID, :mjlol: do you know how to READ? :snoop: only thing you did was ether yourself by showing you didnt understand wtf i wrote. All of what you wrote is unnecessary as it has NOTHING to do with my point. If you understood what i wrote, you would have criticized that point. You mentioning employment, teenage pregnancy and whatever showing that you didnt understand. Of course, i can tell that your slow ass thinks that im supporting jim crow and segregation when Im not and didnt even say i did. I said "unintended consequences" and "economics" and the hill district. Like seriously, if you understand what that means. You clearly arent aware of american history to understand what is being said.

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I don’t care who co-signs me :heh:

I post factual information and you post for daps. The minute you got exposed by @10bandz and stopped getting the daps, you ran off the cite with a farewell post and all :dead:

What a bizarre lie. :dahell:

I wrote that post and took a break from this site three years ago. Stayed gone for a few months. The 10bandz obsession you are thinking of was last year and virtually everyone ignored it except 2-3 weirdos. I didn't "run off" at all.

You literally lie about EVERYTHING.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps

I wrote that post and took a break from this site three years ago. Stayed gone for a few months. The 10bandz obsession you are thinking of was last year and virtually everyone ignored it except 2-3 weirdos. I didn't "run off" at all.

everyone ignored it but u been getting clowned all year :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Why did you have to take a break again though? :mjlol: us rejecting your shilling vote democrat posts got you stressed huh? You guys trying to sell us lies and all we have to do is let the same people you are writing mountains of word salads for tell on themselves

You still dont have an explanation for this but yet we must vote for her for what reason? Joe biden and her did policies SPECIFICALLY FOR ASIAN AMERICANS within the last 4 years so why cant she do the same for black americans specifically foundational black americans/ados? She told on herself and you playing yourself thinking you can manipulate anybody into believing your lies or bullshyt. The nerve to even try in the first place thinking you wont get called out or caught

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Why did you have to take a break again though? :mjlol: us rejecting your shilling vote democrat posts got you stressed huh?

Who is "us"? I hardly interacted with you in 2021.

I took that break in the second half of 2021, during the first year of a Biden Administration that I had repeatedly said was a terrible idea after spending 2019 and 2020 saying that Biden was a horrible candidate with an awful past and the Democrats were fools for nominating him. And you were probably bushed most of that time like you always are, so why are you saying "us"?

The vast majority of Coli posters wanted Trump to be voted out of office but still thought Biden was a shytty candidate. Just like me.

WTF are you talking about? Like really, WTF?

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Part of me doesn't care because everyone except ADOS/FBA eats off of these "minority" programs.

The rational part of me says that Trump as president would be too harmful for ADOS though.