Next steps: Republicans say they're repealing minority-targeted scholarship programs

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
This is why I said you should stop watching bad actors from YouTube.

There are over 500 HSIs that server over 5m students, and while there are only ~45 AANAPISIs, they server between 750k to 1m students, while HBCUs serve around 325k. More funding to cover a larger student body. You still haven't proven your initial claim.

Asians are not an oppressed minority neither are Latinos.

They should not be getting more funding.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Asians are not an oppressed minority neither are Latinos.

They should not be getting more funding.

You quoted an American Rescue Plan funds distribution. It was for helping educational institutions deal with the impacts of Covid, it wasn't for reparations. Bigger schools with larger enrollment got more money.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
You quoted an American Rescue Plan funds distribution. It was for helping educational institutions deal with the impacts of Covid, it wasn't for reparations. Bigger schools with larger enrollment got more money.

I never said it was reparations you do that dishonest shyt a lot.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
You've posted 116 times in the last 24 hours, 90% of it pushing right-wing anti-democrat narratives, but now you're on vacation and can't post for the moment? :russ:
Yes you lying fool. I can’t post all day on thecoli like you :heh:

I been here 10 years and have one post per day. You have 50 thousand posts and you joined after me. Not only do you have more posts but the only person who’s posts are longer are @napoleon

You LIVE for acceptance on the internet. I could care less :mjlol:

that guy

Superstar
Daps
@Pazzy and @that guy are shameless liars resistant to any information that goes against their narrative. You can't reason with people like they. They have a motivation to lie. Hopefully more people can see now that they're only here to deceive.
You have 10 pages of posting history about Tariq nasheed.

That’s called “infatuation” :dame:

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Dude Google is free, but try Google Scholar for empirical articles. Pew and Brooking Institute are also great sources. They publish reports on Black progress in several areas every fukking year. Don't break your brain trying to read big words though, I know you guys don't like to really read. But here are
some highlights:
  • In 1964, just one in four blacks above age 25 had graduated from high school. Today, the number is 85 percent. The percentage of blacks with a college degree has risen from 4 percent to more than 21 percent
  • In 1963, Black Americans had a stunningly high poverty rate of 51 percent, compared to 15 percent for white Americans. By 2021, poverty rates had declined, with white poverty at 8 percent and Black poverty at 20 percent.
  • The rate of Black high school attainment has sharply increased over the past 60 years, from 24.8 percent in 1962 to 90.1 percent in 2022.
  • Since the 1991 peak, the teen birth rate for Black adolescents has decreased by 67%. This is a more dramatic decrease than the overall teen birth rate, which fell 57% during the same time period.
  • Unemployment has been historically low for African Americans over the last few years. Between 1974 and 1994, Black unemployment consistently remained in the double digits, with rates twice as high as those for white Americans. From 1994 to 2017, Black unemployment rates varied between 7 percent and 10 percent, occasionally spiking to nearly 17 percent during recessions. However, since 2018, Black unemployment has reached record lows of 5 percent and 6 percent, except during the 18-month recession caused by COVID-19.

@Pazzy watch how easily it is to debunk this dudes talking points.

I’m working on my own post now but let me breakdown your uninformed points really quick

I said black people are “worse off economically today than during segregation.” You said it’s not true and these are your points:

In 1964, just one in four blacks above age 25 had graduated from high school. Today, the number is 85 percent. The percentage of blacks with a college degree has risen from 4 percent to more than 21 percent
1. You didn’t make any connection to how more education translates to economic progress. Black people are more educated but we also go into more debt to obtain that education. We have lower credit scores and higher student loan debt payments as well. Which in turn reduces our take home pay. Black women who are the most educated also reported that 51% have unmanageable student loan debt. Black college graduates are also paid less than their white counterparts.

In 1963, Black Americans had a stunningly high poverty rate of 51 percent, compared to 15 percent for white Americans. By 2021, poverty rates had declined, with white poverty at 8 percent and Black poverty at 20 percent.
Poverty rates declined for all races. This isn’t an example of black economic progress. In fact, using your own data white people had a greater decline in poverty after integration than blacks:
White poverty rate before: 15%
White poverty rate after: 8%
Percent decline in white poverty: 53%

Black poverty rate before: 51%
Black poverty rate after: 20%
Percent decline in black poverty: 39%

That’s a 14% greater decline in poverty for the community that already has 10 times the wealth of black Americans.
The rate of Black high school attainment has sharply increased over the past 60 years, from 24.8 percent in 1962 to 90.1 percent in 2022.
Again, how does this translate into economic improvement of the black community. You’re just copying and pasting “black facts” but you lack the ability to interpret the data and translate it into the context of your argument.

Since the 1991 peak, the teen birth rate for Black adolescents has decreased by 67%. This is a more dramatic decrease than the overall teen birth rate, which fell 57% during the same time period.
Again, another black fact with no economic implications. What does birth rates have to do with economic progress?

Unemployment has been historically low for African Americans over the last few years. Between 1974 and 1994, Black unemployment consistently remained in the double digits, with rates twice as high as those for white Americans. From 1994 to 2017, Black unemployment rates varied between 7 percent and 10 percent, occasionally spiking to nearly 17 percent during recessions. However, since 2018, Black unemployment has reached record lows of 5 percent and 6 percent, except during the 18-month recession caused by COVID-19.
You just admitted black unemployment rates haven’t budged for the last 50 years post integration but we made “progress?” :what:

Employment rates doesn’t mean black people are making process. A fast food worker is employed. You could have posted statistical facts about more black doctors, scientists, etc but you clearly don’t even know what you’re arguing at this point as I have pointed out several time. Black unemployment is still double that of white unemployed and has been the same day since after segregation.

Due to restrictions within the U.S. labor market, African Americans have long been excluded from opportunities for upward mobility, stuck instead in low-wage occupations that do not offer the protections of labor laws, such as those focused on collective bargaining, overtime, and the minimum wage.1 Unsurprisingly, this history of structural racism has created gaps in labor market outcomes between African Americans and whites.

Between strides in civil rights legislation, desegregation of government, and increases in educational attainment, employment gaps should have narrowed by now, if not completely closed.2Yet as Figure 1 shows, this has not been the case.

mind-the-gap_webfig-1.png

However, focusing on unemployment rates as a measure of economic progress has its pitfalls. For instance, the unemployment rate does not measure the strength of the labor market; strength is better illustrated through the share of workers employed in the population, or the employment-to-population ratio (EPOP). This issue brief’s analysis shows that the racial gap in EPOP is narrowing, which means that the labor market is tightening and, therefore, that the racial gap in unemployment should narrow as well, since there will be a larger pool of African American workers available for existing job openings. Yet given that the racial gap in unemployment has not narrowed—but rather persists—an alternative framework is needed to explain why.

I’m not going to post the whole article but they complete decimate your “unemployment” argument. It’s a great read.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I said black people are “worse off economically today than during segregation.”

Poverty rates declined for all races. This isn’t an example of black economic progress. In fact, using your own data white people had a greater decline in poverty after integration than blacks:
White poverty rate before: 15%
White poverty rate after: 8%
Percent decline in white poverty: 53%

Black poverty rate before: 51%
Black poverty rate after: 20%
Percent decline in black poverty: 39%

That’s a 14% greater decline in poverty for the community that already has 10 times the wealth of black Americans.

Your math is fukking horrible, that's completely wrong. :laff:

Going from 15% poverty to 8% is a 47% decline, not 53%.
Going from 51% poverty to 20% is a 61% decline , not 39%.

So after segregation ended, the decline in Black poverty was FASTER than the decline in White poverty, not slower.

You switched the #'s backwards cause you don't even know how to compute percentages, and ended up proving that he was right. After segregation ended, Black poverty declined tremendously and the decline was much faster than White poverty. Only 12% of the White population (1 in 8) has lifted themselves out of poverty since the end of segregation, while a full 31% of the Black community (1 in 3) has....but you consider that an L???

According to you, Black people were better off economically when 51% of them were in poverty than when 20% are. :snoop:

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
This lying agent can't even keep his juelzing straight. :dead: :dead:

You claimed black people were better off economically during segregation, which is insane.

I never claimed that. That’s not even remotely close. :what:

I said black people are “worse off economically today than during segregation.”

@that guy straight up arguing, "I didn't say Black people were better off economically during segregation, I said they're worse off economically today than during segregation!"

:dead::dead::dead:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
@that guy dodged the hell out of this conversation after he got embarassed.

1. First @that guy claimed he had statistical proof that Black people were better off under segregation, but then said he couldn't post it because he was on vacation.

2. When someone else posted the proof that Black people were worse off, @that guy denied the evidence and then flipped the percentages because he can't do math, thereby proving the exact opposite of what he had thought he proved.

3. Then he posted the EXACT CLAIM that he had called me a liar for attributing to him (see sig).

Full-on meltdown for that crew in the last 24 hours.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Your math is fukking horrible, that's completely wrong. :laff:

Going from 15% poverty to 8% is a 47% decline, not 53%.
Going from 51% poverty to 20% is a 61% decline , not 39%.

So after segregation ended, the decline in Black poverty was FASTER than the decline in White poverty, not slower.

You switched the #'s backwards cause you don't even know how to compute percentages, and ended up proving that he was right. After segregation ended, Black poverty declined tremendously and the decline was much faster than White poverty. Only 12% of the White population (1 in 8) has lifted themselves out of poverty since the end of segregation, while a full 31% of the Black community (1 in 3) has....but you consider that an L???

According to you, Black people were better off economically when 51% of them were in poverty than when 20% are. :snoop:
@that guy dodged the hell out of this conversation after he got embarassed.

1. First @that guy claimed he had statistical proof that Black people were better off under segregation, but then said he couldn't post it because he was on vacation.

2. When someone else posted the proof that Black people were worse off, @that guy denied the evidence and then flipped the percentages because he can't do math, thereby proving the exact opposite of what he had thought he proved.

3. Then he posted the EXACT CLAIM that he had called me a liar for attributing to him (see sig).

Full-on meltdown for that crew in the last 24 hours.
First post about me @5:35am
Second post about me @5:55am

I was the first thing on your mind when you woke up this morning? :dahell:

Third post about me @8:15pm
Then your shamelessly bragging about Im your signature :dame:

Meanwhile I’m in Colombia enjoying life in the real world. It just a makes this post even more relevant:

Yes you lying fool. I can’t post all day on thecoli like you :heh:

I been here 10 years and have one post per day. You have 50 thousand posts and you joined after me. Not only do you have more posts but the only person who’s posts are longer are @napoleon

You LIVE for acceptance on the internet. I could care less :mjlol:

You’ve literally been posting about me ALL day because obviously the way we embarrassed you is still burning your soul like ether :wow:

Last edited:

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Last edited: