Next steps: Republicans say they're repealing minority-targeted scholarship programs

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
No, higher income is not a metric,
Attendance at PWIs is not a measurable metric.

:mjlol:

I don’t believe segregation ie “separate and unequal” I believe in separation ie separate and equal.

The fact of the matter is black people are in a worse position economically than during segregation despite loyally and consistently voting democrat for 70 years.

Where do y'all get this shyt?

that guy

Superstar
Daps
When that was the case in the 1940s, the black population with a bachelor's degree and above was only ONE PERCENT of adults. @Rhakim
This post is not articulate. I don’t even know what you’re replying to. When what was the case?

Maybe that’s you tagged someone else because you can’t articulate your own argument :mjlol:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
You couldn’t refute anything I said so why waste both of our time with this pointless response :heh:

There wasn't anything to refute. You claimed black people were better off economically during segregation, which is insane. But you also claimed that net income and college degrees are "not a metric", so you're proving off the top that you won't accept any rational counterargument.

This post is not articulate. I don’t even know what you’re replying to. When what was the case?

He's saying that in the 1940s, only 1% of Black adults had a college degree and the vast majority of those were from seriously under-resourced Black colleges. So suggestions that Black folk were found better educationally before AA is ridiculous.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Low Quality Posting
There wasn't anything to refute. You claimed black people were better off economically during segregation, which is insane. But you also claimed that net income and college degrees are "not a metric", so you're proving off the top that you won't accept any rational counterargument.

He's saying that in the 1940s, only 1% of Black adults had a college degree and the vast majority of those were from seriously under-resourced Black colleges. So suggestions that Black folk were found better educationally before AA is ridiculous.
I never claimed that. That’s not even remotely close. :what:

The reason why you can’t form a rational counter argument is because you didn’t take the time to actually read the entire thread for context. You just want to argue just to argue.

It doesn’t matter what he said. He didn’t clearly articulate his point and he doesn’t need you to hold his hand. You’re speaking for someone else like you’re his publicist :mjlol:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
You claimed black people were better off economically during segregation, which is insane.
I never claimed that. That’s not even remotely close. :what:

Liar.

The fact of the matter is black people are in a worse position economically than during segregation despite loyally and consistently voting democrat for 70 years.

You can shut up now. Can't even keep your lies straight, agent.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Liar.

You can shut up now. Can't even keep your lies straight, agent.
Black people being in a worse position economically today ≠ “being better off” economically during segregation.

Not only did you make a false equivalency but you did so because you couldn’t refute the actual main talking points I discussed with the other poster. You’re resorting to being intellectually dishonest because you want to “win” an argument.

Once again, stop being reactionary and looking to argue just to argue. Learn to actually read for comprehension instead of reading to respond.

Also, calm down. You’re last post was a little too emotionally charged :mjlol:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
What measurable metric did affirmative action improve?
Black people aren’t even the primary recipients of affirmative action and we actually gain acceptance to PWIs through academic achievement.
This is nonsense. That fact that others may have benefited does not eliminate the advancements that black people achieved because of it

Marlow Stanfield

Superstar
Daps
Black people being in a worse position economically today ≠ “being better off” economically during segregation.

Not only did you make a false equivalency but you did so because you couldn’t refute the actual main talking points I discussed with the other poster. You’re resorting to being intellectually dishonest because you want to “win” an argument.

Once again, stop being reactionary and looking to argue just to argue. Learn to actually read for comprehension instead of reading to respond.

Also, calm down. You’re last post was a little too emotionally charged :mjlol:
Ive seen enough. Reported :ufdup:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
No, higher income is not a metric, especially when higher income translates to higher debt via student loans etc. Is this higher income circulating within the black community? No. Are we seeing an increase in black wealth correlating to affirmative action. No.

Attendance at PWIs is not a measurable metric. The same institutions that would not admit these students without a law forcing them to do so. Black people should attend HBCUs where they are actually wanted.

A lot of these “black” students are not even African Americans. Nonetheless, I asked you to provide a metric to prove how affirmative action has set us back 70 years and the only thing you could say is affirmative action increased attendance at PWIs…
Again wrong. Access to more is access to more. Even the pipeline of candidates for elite roles will shrink.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
If you are under constant threat of having your basic rights taken away by your own government while your fellow citizens don’t, then you’re already less under the law.

From a community standpoint, I would rather live in the black community in the 1950s than now because I personally value community life over personal success.

But what does my personal preference have to do with the statistics of black wealth then and now?
That you could live in a welcoming ceiling is not success. Remember it’s not that black people were unqualified, it’s that they didn’t accept or hire black people AT ALL.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
The more they take away, the closer we get to getting tangibles.
full
Exactly :blessed:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Did you not read the post you quoted?
Is higher income not a measurable metric?
Is attendance at elite selective universities not a measurable metric?
Are black people attending these schools and making more money not members of the black community?
People don’t even accept that black people who even go to elite art schools is because of affirmative action. You realize SNL and other comedy shows hires writers from elite schools right?

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
The fact of the matter is black people are in a worse position economically than during segregation

“Black people were in a ‘better position’ economically during segregation, but that doesn’t mean they were ‘better off’ economically during segregation”

The word knots we tie ourselves into :mjlol: