Next steps: Republicans say they're repealing minority-targeted scholarship programs

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Was Affirmative Action not progress?
Was it not just lost?
What measurable metric did affirmative action improve?
Black people aren’t even the primary recipients of affirmative action and we actually gain acceptance to PWIs through academic achievement.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
What measurable metric did affirmative action improve?
Black people aren’t even the primary recipients of affirmative action and we actually gain acceptance to PWIs through academic achievement.
It improved attendance at selective universities and increased lifetime earnings.
They ended Affirmative Action in CA starting with the class entering as freshmen in 1998 and black students dropped by half. That has ripple effects.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
It improved attendance at selective universities and increased lifetime earnings.
They ended Affirmative Action in CA starting with the class entering as freshmen in 1998 and black students dropped by half. That has ripple effects.
One more time, what measurable metric has affirmative action improved in the black community?

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
One more time, what measurable metric has affirmative action improved in the black community?
Did you not read the post you quoted?
Is higher income not a measurable metric?
Is attendance at elite selective universities not a measurable metric?
Are black people attending these schools and making more money not members of the black community?

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Did you not read the post you quoted?
Is higher income not a measurable metric?
Is attendance at elite selective universities not a measurable metric?
Are black people attending these schools and making more money not members of the black community?
No, higher income is not a metric, especially when higher income translates to higher debt via student loans etc. Is this higher income circulating within the black community? No. Are we seeing an increase in black wealth correlating to affirmative action. No.

Attendance at PWIs is not a measurable metric. The same institutions that would not admit these students without a law forcing them to do so. Black people should attend HBCUs where they are actually wanted.

A lot of these “black” students are not even African Americans. Nonetheless, I asked you to provide a metric to prove how affirmative action has set us back 70 years and the only thing you could say is affirmative action increased attendance at PWIs…

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
No, higher income is not a metric, especially when higher income translates to higher debt via student loans etc. Is this higher income circulating within the black community? No. Are we seeing an increase in black wealth correlating to affirmative action. No.

Attendance at PWIs is not a measurable metric. The same institutions that would not admit these students without a law forcing them to do so. Black people should attend HBCUs where they are actually wanted.

A lot of these “black” students are not even African Americans. Nonetheless, I asked you to provide a metric to prove how affirmative action has set us back 70 years and the only thing you could say is affirmative action increased attendance at PWIs…
I’m not sure what data you are relying on to answer no to the two questions you posed to yourself in the first paragraph.

I gather you are opposed to black people using any facility that required a law forcing white people to allow blacks to use the facilities, given what you wrote about PWIs in your second paragraph? Extrapolating from that it would appear that you want a return to separate but equal de jure segregation? I find that morally abhorrent.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Low Quality Posting
I’m not sure what data you are relying on to answer no to the two questions you posed to yourself in the first paragraph.

I gather you are opposed to black people using any facility that required a law forcing white people to allow blacks to use the facilities, given what you wrote about PWIs in your second paragraph? Extrapolating from that it would appear that you want a return to separate but equal de jure segregation? I find that morally abhorrent.
The question were posed to you and you failed to answer. If you’re using higher “lifetime earnings” as a metric it should result in a measurable higher wealth in the black community which isn’t the case. More education means more debt.

I don’t believe segregation ie “separate and unequal” I believe in separation ie separate and equal.

The fact of the matter is black people are in a worse position economically than during segregation despite loyally and consistently voting democrat for 70 years.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I didn't think of this but it should have been expected. :francis: The SCOTUS gave them the green light. My guess, next is they'll try pulling federal and state funding from raced based i.e. HBCUs.

Yup…they’re next. Please believe it.

If you aren’t a private HBCU watch yo back

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The fact of the matter is black people are in a worse position economically than during segregation despite loyally and consistently voting democrat for 70 years.

So you’d rather be less than under the law instead and better off economically (which I don’t buy by the way)

that guy

Superstar
Daps
So you’d rather be less than under the law instead and better off economically (which I don’t buy by the way)
If you are under constant threat of having your basic rights taken away by your own government while your fellow citizens don’t, then you’re already less under the law.

From a community standpoint, I would rather live in the black community in the 1950s than now because I personally value community life over personal success.

But what does my personal preference have to do with the statistics of black wealth then and now?

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
If you are under constant threat of having your basic rights taken away by your own government while your fellow citizens don’t, then you’re already less under the law.

From a community standpoint, I would rather live in the black community in the 1950s than now because I personally value community life over personal success.

But what does my personal preference have to do with the statistics of black wealth then and now?

There’s a reason separate but equal was overturned

We can still practice group economics in today’s world… we choose not to

Other groups choose to no matter what. That’s why we are losing

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

When that was the case in the 1940s, the black population with a bachelor's degree and above was only ONE PERCENT of adults. @Rhakim