Next steps: Republicans say they're repealing minority-targeted scholarship programs

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Candidates have to convince people it's worthwhile to vote for them. Clinton told half the country they are deplorable, that universal Healthcare is a pipe dream, rigged the primary against a strong opponent who had a lot of support and didn't bother to campaign in critical swing states. But let me guess none of that is her fault. lol
No. They only have to convince people they are better than their opponent.
I agree that Clinton was a flawed candidate, but we aren’t going to get Obama again. That was a once in a lifetime candidate.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
No. They only have to convince people they are better than their opponent.
I agree that Clinton was a flawed candidate, but we aren’t going to get Obama again. That was a once in a lifetime candidate.
Thank you. And I agree, Obama was a special Dem he knows how to win elections. He needs to put the rest of the Dems on game but it's like he didn't share his election blueprint/apparatus and worse the loser Dems never thought to copy it. It's shameful.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
No offense but you really need to learn the system. Even if those few hundred thousand people voted for Hillary, the electoral college still voted for Trump. Hillary clearly won the popular vote and still lost cause of the current system in place.
:dead:
What is going on with your reading comprehension to where you didn’t realize that that was what I was referring to?
Didn’t you see that I referenced “certain swing states”? What did you think I was referring to? The only thing is that my memory of the total number of votes was off, the actual number was less than 80,000 over three states :mjcry:

Even more distressing is the tiny margin by which Clinton lost Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania—three states that were supposed to be her firewall in the Rust Belt, but that ultimately tipped the electoral college map decisively in Trump’s favor.

Trump’s margin of victory in those three states? Just 79,316 votes.

This latest number comes from Decision Desk’s final tally of Pennsylvania’s votes, where Trump won 2,961,875 votes to Clinton’s 2,915,440, a difference of 46,435 votes. Add that to the official results out of Wisconsin, where Clinton lost by 22,177 votes, and Michigan, which she lost by 10,704 votes, and there you have it: 0.057 percent of total voters cost Clinton the presidency.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Thank you. And I agree, Obama was a special Dem he knows how to win elections. He needs to put the rest of the Dems on game but it's like he didn't share his election blueprint/apparatus and worse the loser Dems never thought to copy it. It's shameful.
There was no game or blueprint to follow.
You can’t teach charisma.
Younger voters whose first introduction to politics was Obama were spoiled and thought it would always be that way. Those of us a bit older who remembered how Nader played spoiler in FL in 2000 knew better.

What’s shameful was that people sat out the election when so much was on the line.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
There was no game or blueprint to follow.
You can’t teach charisma.
Younger voters whose first introduction to politics was Obama were spoiled and thought it would always be that way. Those of us a bit older who remembered how Nader played spoiler in FL in 2000 knew better.

What’s shameful was that people sat out the election when so much was on the line.
I think it took more than charisma to get a Black guy with an Arab name to become president. Especially his last run he had superior social media strategy that was copied overseas.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Exactly...:manny: fukk it...

Listen dumb ass

As long as idiots like you alive, reparations will never happen. You have to actually vote for those who have your interest in mind. Do you think they can wake up tomorrow & decide to hand out reparations? Do you know how many times it will get struck down by Republicans?

Oh but that doesn’t matter since your dumb ass doesn’t vote. The more people like you who sit home and complain is exactly why shyt won’t happen. I’m not talking about the Presidential election..you have to vote to get democrats in power in every branch for something like that to happen.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Being a likable, smart, ivy educated, good looking black man is not an election strategy.

:yeshrug:

Desantis is learning that being independently wealthy white man that was famous outside of politics like Trump is hard to replicate right now too.

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
I like how this thread is about everything but the topic at hand smh.
:dead:
It's hard to talk about the topic because it's horrible to consider, and most people are powerless to stop it. When a link to donate to the legal defense fund goes online post it so we can do our parts.

:francis:
The strategy should be to draw this shyt out and defer....

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Naw, these dudes would rather continue to bytch, cry, and complain about Tariq or #Bothsides. Instead of having any action. :sas2:

Creating a scholarship is actually very easy to do..me and some alumni from my old HS are in the process of setting on up for kids going to school there now.

You’re my guy in the sports section but I don’t think you can just say go out and create scholarships when something like this is going on. Creating one for your area is cool and easy, but taking away minority scholarships affects students on a national level.

If it were up to me, all black kids would go to HBCUs but some of our own folks talk down on them

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
So let’s start our own scholarships.

Starting here on the Coli. Or are y’all just gonna bytch and complain?

We could take care of a couple kids books easily.
That is a great thing to do but no way does this cover the amount of scholarships offered on the state or federal levels.

:francis:

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
Creating a scholarship is actually very easy to do..me and some alumni from my old HS are in the process of setting on up for kids going to school there now.

You’re my guy in the sports section but I don’t think you can just say go out and create scholarships when something like this is going on. Creating one for your area is cool and easy, but taking away minority scholarships affects students on a national level.

If it were up to me, all black kids would go to HBCUs but some of our own folks talk down on them
Some of our own folk won't fitting to move to those schools and as is the HBCU’s are not equipped to teach the full amount of black College Students out there. It's a great idea, but doesn't fix what is happening.

How long before Republicans go after HBCU endowments? They are clearly trying to make us as dumb as them. Nothing stops them from going after HBCU’s based on the same criteria they are going after everything else.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Being a likable, smart, ivy educated, good looking black man is not an election strategy.

:yeshrug:

Desantis is learning that being independently wealthy white man that was famous outside of politics like Trump is hard to replicate right now too.
99% of people thought a Black guy could never be president prior to Obama winning. Now everyone knows if you have tons of charisma and likable traits it's easy to win the presidency. I'm not buying it, it took a lot more than that.

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
99% of people thought a Black guy could never be president prior to Obama winning. Now everyone knows if you have tons of charisma and likable traits it's easy to win the presidency. I'm not buying it, it took a lot more than that.
It taking a lot more just means it would be harder to replicate.

Anyhow I know people hate her, but Stacey Abram is way more easy to replicate than Obama. She lost because she refused to adapt to the political reality of who she was as a black, not attractive, woman who wasn't married,and running in a racist state.

Also I know it seems impossible but progressives and moderate need to see who the enemy really is and it ain't each other.