Next steps: Republicans say they're repealing minority-targeted scholarship programs

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
The biggest dumbasses on the net said "no tangibles, no vote". Well, now we're about to lose 70 years of progress. Welcome to 1954.

I hope they're happy. Oh wait, they were already millionaires telling folks that dumb shyt.
One of the dumbest political strategies in recent memory, and we all get to watch it implode and fail in spectacular fashion. Unfortunately, we all have to live with the disastrous consequences.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
They are not the same. In the analogy we are married to one while the other is a 'sworn enemy'. Nice try tho.
I’m not sure what you’re saying here. On the issue of Affirmative Action, who is better? Democrats or Republicans?

Akae Beka

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let me ask both of yall a question: As a registered democrat, am I allowed to disagree with the party on ANYTHING?

If so, how would I apprise them of my displeasure?
You are allowed to critique any politician or party, no problem there. Things is, I don't really buy that you're a Democrat, no matter how much you post/say it.
For years I've noticed you tend to aligned a bit to the right, (once again no issue there..its your choice)but it seems like you run interferences in threads like these, masquerading when need to be to critique Democrats, while cosigning a long of right winged stuff.

Off topic a bit but
To me you throw rocks and hide your hands.
You shyt on Democrats, then say you're a registered one.
You shyt on immigrants, then bring up how much of Pan African you/your Parents are/were.

At this point to me, I'm like we don't believe you, you need more people.

Keeping it 💯, I'm not 100% confident that you're a female poster.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I’m not sure what you’re saying here. On the issue of Affirmative Action, who is better? Democrats or Republicans?
Democrats but strategically they are way worse than Republicans so there thoughts and feelings on the issue wind up being a 0 as far as impact. Like homie said, welcome to 1954 and sorry to break it to you it's not entirely the Republican's fault.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Democrats but strategically they are way worse than Republicans so their thoughts and feelings on the issue wind up being a 0 as far as impact.
The loss of Affirmative Action could have been avoided if a few hundred thousand people in certain swing states would have voted for Clinton in 2016. We’d have a completely different Supreme Court. 2016 was a consequential election. Anyone who supports Affirmative Action but sat out the 2016 election as a protest or to try to negotiate with Democrats, or worse, advocated for others to do so, shot themselves in the foot. They have to be held accountable for their terrible decision making .

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The loss of Affirmative Action could have been avoided if a few hundred thousand people in certain swing states would have voted for Clinton in 2016. We’d have a completely different Supreme Court. 2016 was a consequential election. Anyone who supports Affirmative Action but sat out the 2016 election as a protest or to try to negotiate with Democrats, or worse, advocated for others to do so, shot themselves in the foot. They have to be held accountable for their terrible decision making .
Candidates have to convince people it's worthwhile to vote for them. Clinton told half the country they are deplorable, that universal Healthcare is a pipe dream, rigged the primary against a strong opponent who had a lot of support and didn't bother to campaign in critical swing states. But let me guess none of that is her fault. lol

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
Candidates have to convince people it's worthwhile to vote for them. Clinton told half the country they are deplorable, that universal Healthcare is a pipe dream, rigged the primary against a strong opponent who had a lot of support and didn't bother to campaign in critical swing states. But let me guess none of that is her fault. lol

Half the country ? Are you serious ?

They voted Trump en masses because white people wanted to send a message not to send another black man to the White House. Simple

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Democrats but strategically they are way worse than Republicans so there thoughts and feelings on the issue wind up being a 0 as far as impact. Like homie said, welcome to 1954 and sorry to break it to you it's not entirely the Republican's fault.

You have to realize that we living in a racist nation and crackers always think Black people are gaining civil rights at too fast of a pace. They are always itching to stop profess so it’s easy for Conservatives to appeal to that.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Half the country ? Are you serious ?

They voted Trump en masses because white people wanted to send a message not to send another black man to the White House. Simple
She said half of his supporters are deplorable. Are they supposed to discern, "Is she talking about me or the other Trump supporters?" Of course not. If anyone said half of Black people are (insert derogatory comment). I eould just take offense not wonder if I'm one of the good ones.
She said this before the election. Or are you saying she was just destined to lose because white people wanted to send a message? lol

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
You have to realize that we living in a racist nation and crackers always think Black people are gaining civil rights at too fast of a pace. They are always itching to stop profess so it’s easy for Conservatives to appeal to that.
So again 2016 was preordained? Hillary had no shot because white people are racist?
What about the Black people who just stayed home? Were they sick of civil rights to?

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Ultimately, more than 2/3 of the CBC voted for the Crime Bill. That being said, some CBC members tried to derail it and many who voted for it did so as a compromise with the idea that, although there were problems with it, the good aspects could be built upon. The social programs, the assault weapons ban.

There were black mayors and pastors who also supported it, or more broadly, the idea of doing something significant about crime.
Thanks for the clarification. They probably foresaw the problems with mass incarceration but I also remember people talking about Genocide!!! so everyone wanted to do something.

This is what people were saying back then:

So I guess they felt they had to do something.

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
you bringing up bothsides instead of what the DEMS are gonna do to fight back against this...:what: is really fukking bizzare and this is the bullshyt i keep on about...:beli: but whatever bothsides are to blame yadda yadda yadda
@BaggerofTea @Wild self @Kyle C. Barker

Here he go deflecting again. Why do we need to bring it up? If you look at liberal democratic congress members they are calling this stuff out and putting out proposals left and right that can't get passed because of Republican opposition. It's 2023 if you don't get this in your information feeds it means the algorithms that choose what information to present to you is leaning conservative so you won't see it.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I DO!

I'm in constant 2nd hand contact with my local pols. My mother knows them enough that they harrass her when she don't endorse them. :mjlol:

She told one, 'Dont speak to me in the street. If you see me, act like you don't know me. Don't be coming over here looking for hugs n shyt. :mjtf:' :deadrose:
Endorsements? Is your mother clouted in the community? i.e. Big time Reverand, Lawyer? Business owner? Or Black newspaper colomniist? major Club president?

Don't dox yourself. but give us a clue.

If Pols press out your mother then you're better off than the vast majority of even white people beleive me politicians don't even know most of their constituents. If you're the favorite ghetto family of a corrupt Alderman that's saying something.

Politicans are people and their personal friends got more pull than some random.

I remember being in this bougie restuarant/ club and Jessie Jackson jr. walked in with a THOT (there was a scandal of him cheating on his wife at the time) and some randoms said Hello and some people went over to check him to the point that the management had to step in to have them leave him alone.

People wondered how Marion Barry won reelection after that crack videotape and his jail sentance.

It was simple because Marion Barry would be in the hood somewhere and someone would ask for a vacant lot to be cleaned or something and it would be done a couple of days later. Homie had an amazing memory I saw him maybe 6 or 7 times and I was a kid and he remembered me. I knew his son Chris though. Peronally hollaring at a Politician works way better than a vote or non vote. every school board delegate needs tens of thousands of votes so some random declaring that they won't vote means nothing. Those aunties will walk through miles of snow to cast their votes regardless.

That's why they do polls of likely voters.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
@BaggerofTea @Wild self @Kyle C. Barker

Here he go deflecting again. Why do we need to bring it up? If you look at liberal democratic congress members they are calling this stuff out and putting out proposals left and right that can't get passed because of Republican opposition. It's 2023 if you don't get this in your information feeds it means the algorithms that choose what information to present to you is leaning conservative so you won't see it.

I refuse to believe someone could be that stupid. They are an insidious poster.

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
No offense but you really need to learn the system. Even if those few hundred thousand people voted for Hillary, the electoral college still voted for Trump. Hillary clearly won the popular vote and still lost cause of the current system in place.