Next steps: Republicans say they're repealing minority-targeted scholarship programs

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
You are absolutely right...:francis: i gotta put blame on the right people...

But that's not my problem anymore... Y'all got this...:mjgrin:
You do understand rights are being taken away because the republicans are literally the ones outvoting the dems in the Supreme Court. The republicans were appointed by republican presidents, because that’s how the Supreme Court works.. do you know how Supreme Court justices are voted in? Do you understand basic government structure at all? Presidents are are elected by citizens of a country voting.

You standing like an idiot talking about what do you have to offer me while you are one of many contributing to help get more right wingers on the Supreme Court by not voting for presidency. It’s literally that simple. Student loan relief affects black people because economics does. That has a lot to offer a lot of black households. About every black person I know is in debt due to student loans.. maybe you don’t have a college education so can’t relate..Guess what? Republican Supreme Court outrules the dems. Affirmative action (fukking education affects black people). Are you dumb..Dems not trying to take your right away and fighting for social welfare that benefits you . The only ones that do it..you being dumb as fukk Lol

How you gonna get reparations if the republicans are the majority in the Supreme Court. They voting against affirmative action and student loan relief and you think they would ever vote in unison for that :wtf:

Last edited:

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
r/thathappened :mjlol:

Who? Name them.

:lupe: You mean like how Biden literally said "It should be called the BIDEN Crime Bill" and yall keep lying like it wasn't??
:dead: @ a crime bill reference in a fukking thread about republicans trying to eliminate minorities scholarships.

laughing-anthony-anderson.gif

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
You do understand rights are being taken away because the republicans are literally the ones outvoting the dems in the Supreme Court. The republicans were appointed by republican presidents, because that’s how the Supreme Court works.. do you know how Supreme Court justices are voted in? Do you understand basic government structure at all? Presidents are are elected by citizens of a country voting.

You standing like an idiot talking about what do you have to offer me while you are one of many contributing to help get more right wingers on the Supreme Court by not voting for presidency. It’s literally that simple. Student loan relief affects black people because economics does. That has a lot to offer a lot of black households. About every black person I know is in debt due to student loans.. maybe you don’t have a college education so can’t relate..Guess what? Republican Supreme Court outrules the dems. Affirmative action (fukking education affects black people). Are you dumb..Dems not trying to take your right away and fighting for social welfare that benefits you . The only ones that do it..you being dumb as fukk Lol

How you gonna get reparations if the republicans are the majority in the Supreme Court. They voting against affirmative action and student loan relief and you think they would ever vote in unison for that :wtf:
What happened after Scalia died?

Akae Beka

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dead: @ a crime bill reference in a fukking thread about republicans trying to eliminate minorities scholarships.

laughing-anthony-anderson.gif
I don't even know how(but I understand why) yall engage. It be the same posters with obvious agendas. When all else fails, Fall back to crime bill. Fall back to xenophobia, reach reach REACH. Not discuss what the original thread topic is about. These people are out for self interest and don't care about black people as a whole.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
What happened after Scalia died?

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said the Senate should not confirm a replacement for Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia until after the 2016 election — an historic rebuke of President Obama’s authority and an extraordinary challenge to the practice of considering each nominee on his or her individual merits.

Many Republicans in Congress and in the 2016 presidential field unified behind McConnell, arguing that the timing of Scalia’s death — it would be the first confirmation vote since Anthony Kennedy to be held this close to an election — made it necessary to leave the appointment to the next elected president. Despite McConnell’s claim, no Senate leader has ever asserted a right — and there is no precedent for a sitting president to hand over his power of high-court appointment at the request of any member of the legislative branch.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
I don't even know how(but I understand why) yall engage. It be the same posters with obvious agendas. When all else fails, Fall back to crime bill. Fall back to xenophobia, reach reach REACH. Not discuss what the original thread topic is about. These people are out for self interest and don't care about black people as a whole.
EXACTLY! And people like that usually don't vote.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
And the Dems just ate it. Now if it was the other way around would a Democrat Senate leader fail to approve a judge during a Republican presidency? Would a Republican President let a Democrat Senate leader not approve his nominee?
We see Republicans go harder for their ideals and goals than Dems do? Ask yourself homeboy, why is that?!

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
They’re fighting against a changing world and the election of a Black man more than 15 years ago.

Cacs think Blacks and Hispanics are going to get them up out the paint like they would try to do us.

The conservative right politicians and the SCOTUS can fight against it all they want minorities, gays, and the progressive minded aren’t going anywhere. In the meantime, they’ll try to take America back to the 1960s with draconian legislation that will benefit no one but older White business men but in the end what they are fighting against will still arrive.

They may delay it a generation or two, but it’s still coming.
I have to disagree. I think that the right will try to recruit young Latinos the same way they did with Italians and the irish

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
Affirmative Action....Gone...
Roe V Wade....Gone...

Nice track record by the dems so far bruh...:mjlol:
Who is responsible for the Supreme Court that made those judgements?

I think some of you are under the impression that working to keep past provisions in place is the equivalent of doing nothing. That is terribly false, especially with people actively fighting to repeal those decisions.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Who is responsible for the Supreme Court that made those judgements?

I think some of you are under the impression that working to keep past provisions in place is the equivalent of doing nothing. That is terribly false, especially with people actively fighting to repeal those decisions.
Dems. They had a chance to get the majority during Obama's presidency and fumbled.
Didn't make Ginsburg retire and let the Republicans not approve his Scalia replacement.
And people wonder why Dems are down on the Dem party.