Next steps: Republicans say they're repealing minority-targeted scholarship programs

voiture

Superstar
Daps
Not going after the Legacy students I see.
Legacy admission is one of the things gave rise to affirmative action in the first place. White people were gatekeeping who could get into those schools with legacy admission and donor contributions. If we cannot have affirmative action then legacy admission also have to go but I'm guessing they will fight tooth and nail to keep it because of the corrupt donors.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
"The Dems" are not some aliens that come down to Earth and do shyt.

Vast majority of "the Dems" are just regular citizens who vote Democrat.

You too can be one of the Dems. And you too can use your tool to combat the Republican maniacs.

Just vote against the Republicans. Then, you yourself will be fighting the fight.

"The Dems", the voters, stopped Trump from getting back in the Oval.. for now. If we keep voting them out, maybe we will have enough pieces in place to start fixing shyt.
This doesn’t make sense. First of all, you’re still bringing up trump 3 years after he’s left office and yet here we are again with more republican fear mongering. Obviously preventing the re-election of trump didn’t solve anything. One could argue that the Republican Party now is even more conservative than when trump was in office.

Heres the problem with voting: Poor disgruntled white people always need a group of people to satisfy their lust for hatred and violence when their quality of life severely declines. They did it to black people in America, the Jews during the holocaust, the ruling classes in Europe etc etc.

Life in America for white males is only going to get more and more difficult as the middle class continues to get eliminated, the federal deficit continues to spiral out of control, AI and self service kiosks remove jobs, etc.

As life for the average white male gets harder and harder, they will become more “conservative” and disgruntled, looking for a group of people to enact extreme violence and hatred on. That group is primarily black people.

We should be focused on insulating ourselves economically and politically. Not hoping the democrats can continue to prevent the inevitable. No matter how many black people vote in each election cycle eventually the republicans will gain majorities at various levels of government because that’s just how politics work. We need to focus on legislation that permanently protects our rights and freedoms. Our basic rights and freedoms should not at jeopardy every election cycle.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
You went from “they fought for affirmative action” to “they helped speed up the process”

Affirmative action was put in place through executive order not by the democrats.

Democrats OPPOSED the civil rights acts prior to 1964. Black people exposing the hypocrisy of American diplomacy in international affairs when they are practicing systematic race based discrimination is what led to the civil rights act getting passed.

Black people protesting so loudly including the famous “I have a dream” speech is what forced the civil right as act to get passed. Not the pro segregationist “liberal” democrats.

If democrats gave a shyt about black people the civil rights act of 1965 would have been passed 100 years earlier.
Now ladies and gents, this is a Republican. Not a both sider, ya'll carry on though.

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
-3, 000 speaks for itself. You're not a serious account. Good bye. :heh:
If a stranger came to this site and saw both y’all’s rep they would be shocked y’all’s rep isn’t switched :hubie:your shyt should look like
qnymaTz.gif

Its not my fight but the truth is the truth :ufdup:

Last edited:

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
I was in a group for FBAs and they were arguing about the term negro, birth certificates, telling broads to stfu and what not. nikkas really have no purpose in life but to waste time
r/thathappened :mjlol:

It's a LOT of posters in this thread that are weirdly celebrating this right now. Very strange thread.
Who? Name them.

The Conservatives are literally saying out of their own mouths that they're the main people doing everything in their power to prevent the progress that the Liberals are pushing for in this country.

Literally from the horse's mouth. But they'll still find a way to pin GOP f*ckery on Democrats when they're telling you straight up that it has nothing to do with Democrats.
:lupe: You mean like how Biden literally said "It should be called the BIDEN Crime Bill" and yall keep lying like it wasn't??

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
I blame the majority of White People, a decent size percentage of Asians & Hispanics for this. Since our people vote Democratic at a rate higher than everyone else, with our women at the top and the men right behind them, I do not see any reason to have this much smoke for any Black person on these issues besides Clearance Thomas and Tim Scott who have a direct hand in this.

Weird how this post was dapped by the very same people who got smoke for random bp. A lot of cognitive dissonance in these threads.

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I want the DEMS the party you jockride to GIVE ME A REASON TO VOTE FOR THEM... EARN MY VOTE... do you not understand voting is a transaction???:mjgrin: my vote goes to the highest bidder...

"my vote goes to the highest bidder."
Hello friend, you get to choose your next leader. Regardless if you vote or not, the winner will have legislative control over you and all your friends and family.

On one side, a person (democrat) who ignores you for the most part. Would love for you to have rights, but isn't going to shake things up to make it happen.

On the other is a person (republican) who wants you kicked out the country, in prison, or in poverty. And will specifically pass laws to do so.

"No point in voting, they not giving me anything to make me want to vote for them. Voting is transactional."

This is why I don't take internet yappers seriously. They don't vote anyways so ignore their nonsense. One side is literally doing everything they can to ruin you, but you like "what the dems doing to BENEFIT me."

Imagine this same scenario where a dude is about to shoot you in the head, and the person that can stop him just needs your approval to do so, but you go, "look, I am not gonna approve you because you didn't give me 200 dollars." Dude looking at you like, is you high? This dude about to blow your head off and you saying we are the SAME???

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Legacy admission is one of the things gave rise to affirmative action in the first place. White people were gatekeeping who could get into those schools with legacy admission and donor contributions. If we cannot have affirmative action then legacy admission also have to go but I'm guessing they will fight tooth and nail to keep it because of the corrupt donors.
Yep as long as you can buy your way in meritocracy is a false concept.

Joy Reid not in on Affrimative Action but her children are now Legacies and will take a spot from a "deserving". Asian migrant.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I want the DEMS the party you jockride to GIVE ME A REASON TO VOTE FOR THEM... EARN MY VOTE... do you not understand voting is a transaction???:mjgrin: my vote goes to the highest bidder...

Dems already highest bidder, gotta come up with better wording

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Jesus Christ y’all shills are intellectually lazy :mjtf:

Most notorious politician to flip sides: Strom Thurman, racist, democrat, mentor and friend to current president joe Biden. Another democrat that opposed integration
Strom Thurmond - Wikipedia

Article on joe bidens opposition to integration: Joe Biden didn't just compromise with segregationists. He fought for their cause in schools, experts say.

Article on how the parties began to divide into the modern day iterations due solely to civil rights legislations: The Great Switch: How Republicans and Democrats Flipped Ideologies

The Civil Rights Movement​

Race and equality began to return to the center of politics in the 1950s and 1960s. Race did not necessarily fall into a party viewpoint at this point; instead, it was more of a regional issue. Southern Democrats and Republicans both opposed the early Civil Rights Movement, while Northern Democrats and Republicans began to support legislation as the movement picked up steam.

None of this disproves my notion of party switching.

Infact it illustrates the transitionatory status of us politics.

Unless your dumbass really wants to say democrats now are democrats 80 years ago

br82186

Superstar
Daps
I'm not surprised at this, this is one of the prime examples of "you giving and inch and they'll take a mile"