New York Squatter Gets The Homeowner Arrested For Changing Locks 😭😭😭😭

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Home ownership is a key element of generating wealth and equity and stability for your family.

If you have a problem with that, then conversation over.

NO shyt SHERLOCK!

I've been arguing this entire time that HOME OWNERSHIP IS ESSENTIAL FOR EVERYONE.

You, however, are happy to fight for a system that ensures tens of millions of people will never have home ownership because they're too busy enriching people who are already wealthy, like you.

It appears to me that you believe every landlord is unethical for some reason.

I believe a system where the poor work hard to enrich the non-working wealthy is unethical. I believe that no man should be able to get rich solely by keeping another man poor.

Getting wealthy by building a product and selling it, that's great. Getting wealthy by building a house and selling it, that's great. Getting wealthy by providing a valuable service of daily work and charging for your labor, that's great.

Getting wealthy merely because you have access to a ton of money and can charge interest to poor people who desperately need access and have no money? That's unethical as hell, and used to be banned by every major religion and condemned by several other philosophies too before the capitalists took over. Getting wealthy merely because you have access to a ton of property and can charge rents above-and-beyond your costs to poorer people who can't even afford to own one property? That's the same damn thing, and is directly condemned in the Bible in multiple places.

It's unethical to enrich yourself not by labor, but by mere access to capital that others do not have access to.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Regardless, I have done NOTHING to go after your properties. I can't go after your properties. I am advocating for a new system, one that stops the wealthy from exploiting the poor. You've made clear, unsurprisingly, that you will not be part of the Revolution.
what the fukk is this system? i'd like to hear an example of it actually working in the real world

maybe you're pointing to the resounding success of public housing in america, or cuba :mjlol:

AQz

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Heard of this law when i lived in NYC but never understood it really. Drag them out the house and beat the brakes off them if they give an issue like a normal person

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
It is extremely difficult to get a man to understand something when his wealth depends on him not understanding it.

You keep trying to deflect to "your renters", while ignoring that earlier in the conversation you were advocating for the rights of all landlords. As I keep pointing out, you're willing to fight to maintain a system that enriches all landlords at the expense of all non-landlords, solely so your personal situation remains advantageous.

It's a well-known tax dodge by flippers to claim a place as a primary residence for a set period of time before moving on to a new "primary residence", which often enables them to avoid certain taxes in the purchase and sales of such properties. I have no way of knowing whether you've done this or not, and obviously am not going to take your word for it.

There's a clear reason that you refuse over and over to answer the question of how many properties you actually own. You seem to consider it the most important piece of information in this entire conversation, because you keep offering up everything except that number and purposely created fake hypotheticals where you only own 2 properties, though we know that's not the case.

Not every renter, but the large majority of people would own rather than rent if they had a choice.

Total bullshyt.

How could you have built up such a large portfolio if you weren't charging them significantly more than it costs you?

All you're saying is that you charge them everything they can afford to spare, so that they can't build because all their extra income is going to you. With the rents you charge, can they "afford" to build a nest egg large enough for a down payment so they no longer need to enrich you with rents? Can they "afford" to send their kids to the same school as yours?

How many properties do you own? Answer that question before you exempt yourself from criticism.

Regardless, I have done NOTHING to go after your properties. I can't go after your properties. I am advocating for a new system, one that stops the wealthy from exploiting the poor. You've made clear, unsurprisingly, that you will not be part of the Revolution.

We are not solving any problems here with this exchange.

Looks like an impasse.

I'll take in good faith that you are concerned for disenfranchised people...that's admirable.

I have nothing in my repertoire to change your perspective of landlords.

All I can say is the laws are changing to stop squatters and thieves from wreaking havoc across the country. It's a great think for working decent people that have been victimized by a$$holes with that mentality.

If you want to be such a help...let them move in with you and don't charge them rent.

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
NO shyt SHERLOCK!

I've been arguing this entire time that HOME OWNERSHIP IS ESSENTIAL FOR EVERYONE.

You, however, are happy to fight for a system that ensures tens of millions of people will never have home ownership because they're too busy enriching people who are already wealthy, like you.

I believe a system where the poor work hard to enrich the non-working wealthy is unethical. I believe that no man should be able to get rich solely by keeping another man poor.

Getting wealthy by building a product and selling it, that's great. Getting wealthy by building a house and selling it, that's great. Getting wealthy by providing a valuable service of daily work and charging for your labor, that's great.

Getting wealthy merely because you have access to a ton of money and can charge interest to poor people who desperately need access and have no money? That's unethical as hell, and used to be banned by every major religion and condemned by several other philosophies too before the capitalists took over. Getting wealthy merely because you have access to a ton of property and can charge rents above-and-beyond your costs to poorer people who can't even afford to own one property? That's the same damn thing, and is directly condemned in the Bible in multiple places.

It's unethical to enrich yourself not by labor, but by mere access to capital that others do not have access to.

What does the Bible have to do with this?

How did I not work for my properties?

How are you making all of these assumptions and establishing a narrative?

This is getting strange Breh and a little bit off the straight and narrow.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
What does the Bible have to do with this?

You asked how it was unethical. There are multiple places that one can go for ethics - the Bible is one of them. But I didn't rely on just the Bible, I gave you a detailed logical argument why it was unethical. I only used the Bible to point out to you that I wasn't making this shyt up - people have broadly considered these practices unethical for thousands of years.

How did I not work for my properties?

I have no way of knowing what you consider to be "worked for your properties". But I know that you didn't work for the extra profits you make every month by charging your renters well above and beyond your actual costs. You admitted to building generational wealth by profiting off of renters, that's literally the definition of economic rents.

Look up "economic rents".

How are you making all of these assumptions and establishing a narrative?

Why not reduce the # of assumptions, if you don't like them?

For example, just tell me how many properties you own, then I won't have to "assume" anymore.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
Heard of this law when i lived in NYC but never understood it really. Drag them out the house and beat the brakes off them if they give an issue like a normal person

Some people are willing to risk it because they think that someone that owns something won't snap.

There are a few cases where the squatter got tooled up...but not happening enough to sway them from going O.D. like now in 2024.

• Dap
Reactions: AQz
Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
You asked how it was unethical. There are multiple places that one can go for ethics - the Bible is one of them. But I didn't rely on just the Bible, I gave you a detailed logical argument why it was unethical. I only used the Bible to point out to you that I wasn't making this shyt up - people have broadly considered these practices illegal for thousands of years.

I have no way of knowing what you consider to be "worked for your properties". But I know that you didn't work for the extra profits you make every month by charging your renters well above and beyond your actual costs. You admitted to building generational wealth by profiting off of renters, that's literally the definition of economic rents.

Look up "economic rents".

Why not reduce the # of assumptions, if you don't like them?

For example, just tell me how many properties you own, then I won't have to "assume" anymore.
I'm all set Breh. I'm gonna step off.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
We are not solving any problems here with this exchange.

Looks like an impasse.

I agree. The fact that you didn't even know until now that I was arguing FOR home ownership, rather than against it, suggests that you haven't even tried to understand anything I've said. You're just being defensive because you like your profits and want to keep them rolling in, regardless of the impact the system has on everyone else.

I'll take in good faith that you are concerned for disenfranchised people...that's admirable.

Thank you.

All I can say is the laws are changing to stop squatters and thieves from wreaking havoc across the country. It's a great think for working decent people that have been victimized by a$$holes with that mentality.

And all I'm arguing is that this is a distraction. The incident in the video is literally one person. She made a dumb mistake and the cops handled it poorly. I don't think she should have been arrested and 99.99999% of landlords in this country will not be arrested. It is NOT the problem causing havoc in this country.

Inability to afford a place to live is a much, much, much bigger problem that has a far bigger effect on the country, and landlords keep using relatively minor incidents like this to distract from that fact.

If you want to be such a help...let them move in with you and don't charge them rent.

In any long-term situation, what is far better is to help someone move into their own place and build equity in it. Which we have done and will continue to do, on a small scale in the past and hopefully on a large scale in the future.