New York City Is Turning Into Abu Dhabi

Edub

Veteran
Daps
I grew up wanting to go there. Now I could care less. It's fun to visit (I just went last month) but, I swear the minute I came back home, I forgot it existed. My chick has some deluded fantasy about moving there. I was with it but, I'm having second thoughts. She's 22, so its expected. I just turned 26 so I'm over the NYC thing. You can have a palace here (Philly) for what they pay for a regular 2 bedroom up there. Fukk that.
And just take the train up...perfect short vaca:blessed:

Smashius Clay

The Millennium Brotha I Be
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Perpetual World Traveler
DC is full of political fukkboys -- the worst kind. I think it all depends on your circle... But the same shyt people complaining about on this thread is the same reason I left DC for NY and I'm content.
I'm not weak minded... i been to the worst places on this planet.. and the best. nikkas never left the US and barely left NYC talking about NYC isn't for the weak :dead:

shyt is just unnecessary and miserable. And overrated. I can understand/deal with anything , if there is a reason for it.

There is traffic in LA, DC, ATL... and they don't act like fukkboys non stop for zero reason. Plus it doesn't take you 45 hours to get 2 miles up the road. :scusthov:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
ny= the place people move to after highschool /college to pretend to be something they're not
Lol, what?
How so? Are people moving to NY, working at Starbucks, spend all their money on suits and stupid rent in Queens to act like they are investment bankers?
LA is the city you are talking about, NY is only worth moving to if you're properly educated or connected, in LA you can do all types of fake shyt. NY has some aspring super models other than that it's mostly broadway actors, indie artists and stuff and there's not a lot of them who are faking it. The actors are mostly properly educated for that type of work, it's not like Hollywood.

I don't understand why people are hating on what is generally considered to be one of the greatest cities of all times due to the fact that they can't afford to have a good time there. Fine if you actually come from NY but hating from a distance :umad:

Last edited:

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
DC is full of political fukkboys -- the worst kind. I think it all depends on your circle... But the same shyt people complaining about on this thread is the same reason I left DC for NY and I'm content.
you're right.... i don't like DCs style either. in DC nikkas are either poor or compromised fukkboys.... there's no in between. .

but it's all opinion anyway.... my friends from ny all seem to think it's the best place on the planet

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
xxOVERVIEWSUB01-superJumbo.jpg

Towers of Secrecy
Stream of Foreign Wealth Flows to Elite New York Real Estate
By LOUISE STORY and STEPHANIE SAULFEB. 7, 2015

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/08/n...-wealth-flows-to-time-warner-condos.html?_r=0

Monster

Aztec Street Soldier
Daps
Lol, what?
How so? Are people moving to NY, working at Starbucks, spend all their money on suits and stupid rent in Queens to act like they are investment bankers?
LA is the city you are talking about, NY is only worth moving to if you're properly educated or connected, in LA you can do all types of fake shyt. NY has some aspring super models other than that it's mostly broadway actors, indie artists and stuff and there's not a lot of them who are faking it. The actors are mostly properly educated for that type of work, it's not like Hollywood.

struck a nerve?:umad:

jbrad

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I experienced the opposite, an ocean front view in the projects.

tumblr_m7b5xwzfgC1r1tiqco1_500.jpg

This is a picture I took years ago from the window of the apartment I was residing in during my 2 year stay in one of the numerous low income neighborhoods of Far Rockaway. Its a view from my window that I would wake up to everyday. It was the perfect example of the “yin yang." The top of the picture represents nature while the bottom represents that which is man made. I found it ironic that the housing projects I was living in was a not so attractive cliche of every ghetto in America, meanwhile just a few feet away was one of the most beautifulest visuals I have ever seen in my life. Its the property owners who benefit from the revolving door system that is involved in low income housing. This picture captures the perfect duality between man and the unknown. God and money, two of the biggest motivating factors in this world.

Far Rockaway is one mysterious azz place. That ride on the A is so random/gloomy and then BOOM! You see a ton of public housing towers and the beach

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
is this the hammels or red fern?

also do sent coney island have a view of the ocean from the jects too?

Thats Ocean Village, Penthouse view was a window. My neighbor next to me had the ill terrace view. I'm sure them Coney Island projects have a view as well.