New York City Is Turning Into Abu Dhabi

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
:stopitslime:

Its the greatest city in the world. The only thing I've seen close to NYC in terms of nightlife action is Las Vegas. Those are the only 2. NYC is the entertainment capital. Saying NYC is overrated is a cliche because its not. Too much entertainment money is spent here for such nonsense talk. There are other parts of NY state that have different variety. U want a cheap house? They exist in NY state. They have farms in NY state. The city is hustle and bustle and looked down on by those who just cant keep up. People who move at a slower pace could adapt in different areas of NY state tho.

From what I understand Upstate NY is trash, yes NYC is nice but Upstate NY? :flabbynsick:

Upstate NY is considered part of the rustbelt :pachaha:

If you're black, and want cheap, rural suburban life, I'd say south is your best bet, southern VA is about equally far from NYC as say, Buffalo. Also Upstate NY winters are rough.
Dude...let me tell you something I saw on Monday.

So after work, I head over to my favorite bar on Myrtle to meet up with some friends for some drinks. Me and a couple of my homies are just standing outside having a cigarette. They all go in as I'm finishing up my smoke...

So then this white chick walks down the sidewalk as I'm flicking the ash off my cig...we make eye contact and she rolls her at me like really just digusting meanlike. Then this mexican dude is walking down the sidewalk in her direction with a guitar case over his shoulder and she just bumps really hard into him on purpose with her left shoulder and walks past like nothing happened

It was so fukking disgusting racist...I was in disbelief in how racist it was.

That's why I don't like these transplant types anymore...they go into black and brown neighbohoods for the cheap prices and treated the people who live there and have lived there for ages like garbage. They need to go back to Klan Kounty USA where they came from and stop disrespecting this city and it's residents.
LOL at a transplant complaining about transplants :heh:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
VOID
From what I understand Upstate NY is trash, yes NYC is nice but Upstate NY? :flabbynsick:

Upstate NY is considered part of the rustbelt :pachaha:

If you're black, and want cheap, rural suburban life, I'd say south is your best bet, southern VA is about equally far from NYC as say, Buffalo. Also Upstate NY winters are rough.

LOL at a transplant complaining about transplants :heh:
yeah...you right.

It's different cause I'm black I guess and can relate to black and spanish people here in brooklyn...those lily white transplants from 95.7% white neighborhoods in Iowashingtonanabraska can't.

Bam Bam

Mr. Baclava
Daps
Reppin
NYSea
I experienced the opposite, an ocean front view in the projects.

tumblr_m7b5xwzfgC1r1tiqco1_500.jpg

This is a picture I took years ago from the window of the apartment I was residing in during my 2 year stay in one of the numerous low income neighborhoods of Far Rockaway. Its a view from my window that I would wake up to everyday. It was the perfect example of the “yin yang." The top of the picture represents nature while the bottom represents that which is man made. I found it ironic that the housing projects I was living in was a not so attractive cliche of every ghetto in America, meanwhile just a few feet away was one of the most beautifulest visuals I have ever seen in my life. Its the property owners who benefit from the revolving door system that is involved in low income housing. This picture captures the perfect duality between man and the unknown. God and money, two of the biggest motivating factors in this world.

ocean village?

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
This may be true for Midtown Manhattan. Lower Manhattan and West Brooklyn but there's way more to New York than those places. Only about 1/4 of the population lives in those two areas so it's a relatively small area.

Last edited:

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
This may be true for Midtown Manhattan. Lower Manhattan and West Brooklyn but there's way more to New York than those places. Only about 1/4 of the population lives in those two areas so it's a relatively small area.

It's expensive as fukk to live here overall but nikkas keep forgetting theres more to NYC than these areas. You still got Queens, Eastern and Southern Brooklyn, Harlem, BX, the Heights, and even Inwood that have more reasonable prices. Sure they're not that desirable but they're still within city limits and within MTA transportation coverage.

But noooooo. it's all about wanting to live right next door to the clubs, coffee shops, and nice townhouses/apartments near Times Square, SoHo and Central Park. :camby:

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
It's expensive as fukk to live here overall but nikkas keep forgetting theres more to NYC than these areas. You still got Queens, Eastern and Southern Brooklyn, Harlem, BX, the Heights, and even Inwood that have more reasonable prices. Sure they're not that desirable but they're still within city limits and within MTA transportation coverage.

But noooooo. it's all about wanting to live right next door to the clubs, coffee shops, and nice townhouses/apartments near Times Square, SoHo and Central Park. :camby:

That's exactly my point breh there's so much more than the tourist areas in Manhattan.

If you want to be real, the whole area is expensive overall. I just read an article that said Manhattan, Long Island, North Jersey/Central Jersey, Westchester and the Outerboroughs were 5 of the 6 most expensive places to get married in.

Bam Bam

Mr. Baclava
Daps
Reppin
NYSea
Thats Ocean Village, Penthouse view was a window. My neighbor next to me had the ill terrace view.

Thought so. idk if you still live there but they fixed that place up mad nice after the storm. Heard its still ghetto so its mad decieving now.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Thought so. idk if you still live there but they fixed that place up mad nice after the storm. Heard its still ghetto so its mad decieving now.

I lived there in early 2000's.....Havent been there to visit since 2012. But I heard the storm fukked my old area up. I could imagine they fixed it up nice but like u said its ghetto. OV is a beautiful place as a concept but the ghetto mindstate that dominates the area has turned it into a slum.

Nature's Fury

addicts of drugs not yet synthesized
Daps
thats gotta be the ugliest, most depressing view I've ever seen. Looks like u took it in a prison

:mjlol:

yeah, i'm sure that shyt look better in the summertime when the clouds bounce and the sun is beaming, but that picture make that shyt look apocolyptic...

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Why New York City Has Over 75 Listings Asking $35M and Up
Thursday, April 30, 2015, by Zoe Rosenberg

[The Low Mansion on Pierrepont Place in Brooklyn Heights is asking a Brooklyn record-shattering $40 million.]

No, no one's tripping. There has been a ginormous increase in apartments throughout New York City asking upwards of the mid eight-digits. According to the Wall Street Journal, $40 million is the new gold standard for luxury dwellings in New York City and elsewhere following 2008s financial meltdown. A quick StreetEasy search reinforces this: there are 76 listings in the city priced at or over $35 million, and 10 in-contract listings at the same price point. Let's all take a moment to reflect on that.

Okay, moving on. These dwellings aren't confined to the "massive erections" of wealth on 57th Street, but the listings in towers like One57, 432 Park Avenue, and the newly-launched 520 Park Avenuecertainly do have an effect on the ask of other properties throughout the city. The Daily News says that the "headline-grabbing towers" are skewing the asks of new condo developments way, way up: the average price of a new condo has jumped 50-percent in the last two years alone. That means the average ask of a new condo in Manhattan is expected to be $5.9 million this year, with not new condos going for an average of $2.7 million.

Why super expensive condos are multiplying isn't rocket science at this point, but Curbed contributor Jonathan Miller explained to the Journal that factors like the proliferation of global wealth, increased demand from foreign and domestic buyers looking to park their wealthand developers' response to build more pricey properties for them to do so, as well as the ol' copycat effect when big-money listings prompt people to put their properties on the market for similarly inflated asks all contribute to the boom in properties asking $40 million or more.

Over the next five years, 6sqft reports that new development sales will total $27.6 to $33.6 billion, with a whole third of that sum concentrated in just five projects: the humongous Greenwich Lane, 432 Park Avenue, 550 Madison Avenue, 10 Madison Square West, and 220 Central Park South. But the effect of that is seen in other properties, too. The former Brooklyn Heights mayor's mansion that recently set a borough record with its $40 million ask? In 1991, it was purchased for a mere $2.3 million.

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
no abu dhabi's becoming new york

who do you think set the precedent for treating working people like shyt so you can build ridiculous skyscrapers, Detroit?

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
actually they say Houston is the most diverse as far as percentages being close....
yeah but only "Racial" diversity, NYC has diversity within each racial group: whites (eastern europeans, latinos, italians, poles, russians etc), black (native, caribbean, african, latino), latinos (pr, dr, colombians, messicans, etc) asians (chinese, koreans, bangladeshis, guyanese etc) arabs (egyptians, lebanese etc). houston doesn't have that they have cacs, nigerians, AAs and messicans lol