New York City Is Turning Into Abu Dhabi

Stay Seeking

Banned
Daps
Continue to confuse Manhattan as all of NYC brehs......
When they convert property on Brooklyn to look like this, then maybe we could make that comparison.
Abu-Dhabi-F1-Race-Track-on-Yas-Island.jpg

VZBp464.png
VZBp464.png
VZBp464.png
VZBp464.png
VZBp464.png
VZBp464.png
VZBp464.png
VZBp464.png
VZBp464.png
VZBp464.png
VZBp464.png
VZBp464.png
VZBp464.png

GnU6CXn.jpg

UFqQ39c.jpg

ZetGyum.jpg

tJ4QA6D.jpg

1MHAxFb.jpg

UaZ4vpd.jpg

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
From what I understand Upstate NY is trash, yes NYC is nice but Upstate NY? :flabbynsick:

Upstate NY is considered part of the rustbelt :pachaha:

If you're black, and want cheap, rural suburban life, I'd say south is your best bet, southern VA is about equally far from NYC as say, Buffalo. Also Upstate NY winters are rough.

LOL at a transplant complaining about transplants :heh:

Niagara Falls,:yeshrug:

Last edited:

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
Why New York City Has Over 75 Listings Asking $35M and Up
Thursday, April 30, 2015, by Zoe Rosenberg

[The Low Mansion on Pierrepont Place in Brooklyn Heights is asking a Brooklyn record-shattering $40 million.]

No, no one's tripping. There has been a ginormous increase in apartments throughout New York City asking upwards of the mid eight-digits. According to the Wall Street Journal, $40 million is the new gold standard for luxury dwellings in New York City and elsewhere following 2008s financial meltdown. A quick StreetEasy search reinforces this: there are 76 listings in the city priced at or over $35 million, and 10 in-contract listings at the same price point. Let's all take a moment to reflect on that.

Okay, moving on. These dwellings aren't confined to the "massive erections" of wealth on 57th Street, but the listings in towers like One57, 432 Park Avenue, and the newly-launched 520 Park Avenuecertainly do have an effect on the ask of other properties throughout the city. The Daily News says that the "headline-grabbing towers" are skewing the asks of new condo developments way, way up: the average price of a new condo has jumped 50-percent in the last two years alone. That means the average ask of a new condo in Manhattan is expected to be $5.9 million this year, with not new condos going for an average of $2.7 million.

Why super expensive condos are multiplying isn't rocket science at this point, but Curbed contributor Jonathan Miller explained to the Journal that factors like the proliferation of global wealth, increased demand from foreign and domestic buyers looking to park their wealthand developers' response to build more pricey properties for them to do so, as well as the ol' copycat effect when big-money listings prompt people to put their properties on the market for similarly inflated asks all contribute to the boom in properties asking $40 million or more.

Over the next five years, 6sqft reports that new development sales will total $27.6 to $33.6 billion, with a whole third of that sum concentrated in just five projects: the humongous Greenwich Lane, 432 Park Avenue, 550 Madison Avenue, 10 Madison Square West, and 220 Central Park South. But the effect of that is seen in other properties, too. The former Brooklyn Heights mayor's mansion that recently set a borough record with its $40 million ask? In 1991, it was purchased for a mere $2.3 million.

:mjlol: at paying $35 million dollars to live in Brooklyn.

When that bubble pop, NY developers gonna be looking stupid as hell

Live in fukkin Brooklyn when you can have Tony Stark's mansion brehs

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ny= the place people move to after highschool /college to pretend to be something they're not

yep... fukking transplants from nebraska and bubblefukk america all trying to bring their small town, small minded values into the urban jungle instead of respecting the culture that was there before and moving along with it. they are literally trying to turn new york into the countryside. only thing missing is the fukking trees and barnyards. that's the problem. it's a fukking tragedy with what they did to downtown brooklyn. fulton street doesn't even look like fulton street anymore. over there is fukking clean. :what: the sidewalk is fukking clean. like i'm supposed to be in the city, not the damn suburbs. i'm supposed to be dirty ass gum and spit on the sidewalk. it's fukked up. these fools done built a damn hotel right across from the manhattan bridge. even worse, they're putting up damn million dollar condos right across from the projects.

new york used to be a place where a regular man, woman who wasn't making much could basically get work, come up and etc. there were plenty of things to do for the young, the old, the rich, the poor, the middle class and etc. now they're only making it for

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
yeah but only "Racial" diversity, NYC has diversity within each racial group: whites (eastern europeans, latinos, italians, poles, russians etc), black (native, caribbean, african, latino), latinos (pr, dr, colombians, messicans, etc) asians (chinese, koreans, bangladeshis, guyanese etc) arabs (egyptians, lebanese etc). houston doesn't have that they have cacs, nigerians, AAs and messicans lol

:yeshrug:

http://priceonomics.com/the-most-and-least-diverse-cities-in-america/

The Most and Least Diverse Cities in America
Dec 15, 2014 · 152,750 views

diversity.png

Priceonomics; data via American Community Survey 2013

Last week we published a series of charts showing which racial and ethnic groups were best represented in which major American cities. But while some cities were overwhelmingly Hispanic, black or white, other cities seemed exceptionally demographically balanced -- and there had to be a way to quantify and highlight that diversity.

hhi2.png

Economists use the above equation to calculate the diversity of a market. s-i represents company-i's marketshare, and the overall equation squares them, and sums them up for each company in a market. The more companies present in a market (N), and the more balanced their shares are, the lower the sum (H).

The FTC uses this sum, known as the Herfindahl-Hirschman Index (HHI), as "screening tool" to determine whether a merger/acquisition will substantially lessen a market's competitiveness, or, worse, threatens monopoly. In the case of a monopoly, HHI = 1. The lowest HHI can be is 1/N, where N is the number of companies in a market.

But the index works as a general-purpose measure of diversity, too. Ecologists the same calculation to gauge the diversity of an ecosystem. In the context of ecology, the metric is called the Simpson diversity index. One hundred red fish and two hundred blue fish makes for a Simpson diversity index of (1/3)^2+(2/3)^2, or 0.556 for the overall pond.

To make the chart above we calculated each city's HHI. We treated our major ethnic and racial groups like "companies", and each group's "market share" was the percentage they comprised of the city's population.

We looked at five groups -- white people, black people, Hispanics/Latinos, Asians, and a miscellaneous category including people of mixed race, Native Americans, and Pacific Islanders -- giving us a lower bound of 0.200.

At the top of the chart, Oakland, California is the most diverse city in America, with an HHI of 0.232.

The two cities at the very bottom of the chart have national minorities in the majority: El Paso, Texas is the most Hispanic/Latino major city in America, and also its second-least diverse, with an HHI of 0.658. Detroit, Michigan is the least diverse, with an HHI of 0.665, and is the major American city with the highest proportion of African Americans (80.7%).

Daps
yeah but only "Racial" diversity, NYC has diversity within each racial group: whites (eastern europeans, latinos, italians, poles, russians etc), black (native, caribbean, african, latino), latinos (pr, dr, colombians, messicans, etc) asians (chinese, koreans, bangladeshis, guyanese etc) arabs (egyptians, lebanese etc). houston doesn't have that they have cacs, nigerians, AAs and messicans lol

Wouldn't Guyanese be in the West Indian / Indian / Black category?

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
:yeshrug:

http://priceonomics.com/the-most-and-least-diverse-cities-in-america/

The Most and Least Diverse Cities in America
Dec 15, 2014 · 152,750 views

diversity.png

Priceonomics; data via American Community Survey 2013

Last week we published a series of charts showing which racial and ethnic groups were best represented in which major American cities. But while some cities were overwhelmingly Hispanic, black or white, other cities seemed exceptionally demographically balanced -- and there had to be a way to quantify and highlight that diversity.

hhi2.png

Economists use the above equation to calculate the diversity of a market. s-i represents company-i's marketshare, and the overall equation squares them, and sums them up for each company in a market. The more companies present in a market (N), and the more balanced their shares are, the lower the sum (H).

The FTC uses this sum, known as the Herfindahl-Hirschman Index (HHI), as "screening tool" to determine whether a merger/acquisition will substantially lessen a market's competitiveness, or, worse, threatens monopoly. In the case of a monopoly, HHI = 1. The lowest HHI can be is 1/N, where N is the number of companies in a market.

But the index works as a general-purpose measure of diversity, too. Ecologists the same calculation to gauge the diversity of an ecosystem. In the context of ecology, the metric is called the Simpson diversity index. One hundred red fish and two hundred blue fish makes for a Simpson diversity index of (1/3)^2+(2/3)^2, or 0.556 for the overall pond.

To make the chart above we calculated each city's HHI. We treated our major ethnic and racial groups like "companies", and each group's "market share" was the percentage they comprised of the city's population.

We looked at five groups -- white people, black people, Hispanics/Latinos, Asians, and a miscellaneous category including people of mixed race, Native Americans, and Pacific Islanders -- giving us a lower bound of 0.200.

At the top of the chart, Oakland, California is the most diverse city in America, with an HHI of 0.232.

The two cities at the very bottom of the chart have national minorities in the majority: El Paso, Texas is the most Hispanic/Latino major city in America, and also its second-least diverse, with an HHI of 0.658. Detroit, Michigan is the least diverse, with an HHI of 0.665, and is the major American city with the highest proportion of African Americans (80.7%).
Thats only measuring racial diversity, real diversity is ethnic diversity and nyc la and sf lead the pack
Wouldn't Guyanese be in the West Indian / Indian / Black category?

It depends since guyana is very diverse

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
A lot of people that talk about diversity tend to be on the :mjpls: side. Sometimes.

Bam Bam

Mr. Baclava
Daps
Reppin
NYSea
I lived there in early 2000's.....Havent been there to visit since 2012. But I heard the storm fukked my old area up. I could imagine they fixed it up nice but like u said its ghetto. OV is a beautiful place as a concept but the ghetto mindstate that dominates the area has turned it into a slum.

I use to surf right over there like beach 60 i think. Use to park right outside OV i always thought i was bout to get robbed.

Mixerr Reviews

Mixerr Reviews
Daps
Reppin
Austin, Texas, US
I don't blame you. New York's a city for the rich. Most people can't afford to pay $2,500 for an apartment that's not in a complete shyt hole neighborhood. And those who can have to really ask themselves "why" when their purchasing power goes way further everywhere else. I can see if you 18-21 talking that NYC is the greatest city in Earth stuff but, if you're almost 30, living in a ratty apartment in East New York, barely saving $200 a month because the cost of living is so high, you need to get your priorities together :what: Do you need 24/7 Cafes and trips to Times Square that bad :scusthov:
I know that feel. Austin apartment rent is $2,000 on average as Downtown Austin is turning into NYC.