"New Orleans Wasn't Messing with Jay Z, Cuz Tupac Said So"- Juvy

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Fixed that for you.
:mjlol: Jay did a solo show here for every album since vol.3 that sold out. Which was 99, fukk you think he was performing at? Y’all got to get out your lil bubble of thinking people only bump local artist

Jay just sold out the dome for 4:44 with Vic Mensa opening up lol

chiefdogg

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Juvies not lying my first time in the deep South is when I got stationed in Meridian Mississippi in 97 straight outta boot camp. Now I'm from VA but there shyt was totally different, back then Master Plan Ghetto D had just dropped and shyt was getting play everwhere. I'd never heard of dude but between No Limit and Cash Money the south wasn't really fukking with up North music like that. I can vivdly remember when this shyt came on in the local club off base the locals went crazy.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Juvies not lying my first time in the deep South is when I got stationed in Meridian Mississippi in 97 straight outta boot camp. Now I'm from VA but there shyt was totally different, back then Master Plan Ghetto D had just dropped and shyt was getting play everwhere. I'd never heard of dude but between No Limit and Cash Money the south wasn't really fukking with up North music like that. I can vivdly remember when this shyt came on in the local club off base the locals went crazy.

shyt I lived in Natchez ms in 05 after Katrina and they still wasn’t listening to east coast shyt lol. Boosie, trae and zero was they top rappers.

New Orleans people was wearing all kinda roc a wear and they hadn’t even heard of it. shyt they wasn’t even heavy on Wayne until we put them on it

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
that's the best way I've heard it explained. its still like that in the South. nikkas generally just don't fukk with the traditional "East Coast" sound. Like on some Pimp C shyt...."they don't fucc with us, we don't fucc with them." There are some exceptions (50, DMX)...and nikkas will throw a token NY rapper in their top rapper lists.

'90s boom-bap is NOT the traditional east coast sound.

the south f*cks with '80s east coast hip-hop and is basically an off-shoot of it. they rock with east coast rappers who resemble it as well, either by sound or stylistically.

but yall gotta stop honoring these pimp c quotes just because he died. dude was just bitter because HIS music didn't pop off in the east coast. he even used to get upset when bun b would get call-ups and not him. that quote in the bolded is nothing but horse-chit.

Most of the south and west coast is cousins

Our people come from Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas

most of the south & east coast are cousins as well.
moreso from places like florida, virginia, the Carolinas, etc
all black people with deep family roots in this country, have strong family ties to the south.

the east coast just alienated themselves from the rest of the country in the '90s with the daisy age, jazzamatazz & '90s boom bap. those sounds didn't really reasonate with the majority in other regions. I made a whole thread about it last year and a lot of east coasters on here, got in their feelings.

Last edited:

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Nah...when Pac was strong, he was black America in every single spot. Especially those south nyggas. They started supporting their own after he was gone and had so many different down south copycats.
Bruh no. Pac didn't get major burn in new Orleans until Me Against the World. We were supporting our own since Mannie Fresh With Gregory D and Sporty T. Dude really just tried to tell me what my own city was listening to da fukk.:why:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Bruh no. Pac didn't get major burn in new Orleans until Me Against the World. We were supporting our own since Mannie Fresh With Gregory D and Sporty T. Dude really just tried to tell me what my own city was listening to da fukk.:why:
Forget little Louisiana then..in TN? Atlanta? FL? Oh yeah..how you fukk was someone in a black neighborhood and not playing All Eyez On Me:laugh:

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
Most of the south and west coast is cousins

Our people come from Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas
Yep.

Kinda like how the midwest got a lot of ppl in Tennessee and Mississippi.

I always felt when the west and the south did songs together, the shyt sounded natural.

Some nikkaz didn't start working with the south until it could benefit them, which was around 98

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Forget little Louisiana then..in TN? Atlanta? FL? Oh yeah..how you fukk was someone in a black neighborhood and not playing All Eyez On Me:laugh:

Dude the thread topic is about people listening to Jay Z in New Orleans :snoop:. I can see you're not reading you just want someone to argue with. Not gonna happen fool.Like I already said N.O. wasn't on Pac hard until ME AGAINST THE WORLD. Q93 played his singles that dropped before that and we watched the videos on TV but the first album that got burn from front to back and was being played everywhere you went was MATW.

TheIsleofMan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:heh: hey @TheIsleofMan I was in the most rural part of Holmes county Mississippi up til 1995 and was in jackson/ridgeland/Clinton MS from 1997ish til 20something.. where nobody was playing east coast shyt heavy til that cardboard cutout of 50 popped up in north park mall. Then everybody started rocking those training bra looking wifebeaters.

And even then WJMI wasnt pushing east coast music like that. I have no idea why dipset took off like it did, but it did. east coast shyt was on bebop record shop shelves collecting dust. only 3 or 4 cats was buying it consistently.

That specific enough for you? I cant speak for them cats I know are from New Orleans/Baton Rouge/Shrevport that's saying the same.

Now. tell us why we look stupid for telling yall what it was like where WE were at?

:russ:So y’all never listened to run dmc, LL cool j, slick Rick ETC..? When BET was playing east coast music y’all just tuned out?:heh: But Mississippi is kind of different:whoa:, I’m not really talking about overall states :skip:, places that just got the internet :troll:But I feel what some of y’all are stating, I couldn’t name an artist from Mississippi (until David banner). Boosie only got play with wipe me down and it’s stopped ever since. Y’all legends really ain’t legends to us (like a pimp c, boosie, etc). What I don’t get is why y’all push this we didn’t listen to y’all especially when it’s “yeah, the entire Midwest or the entire south”). It does make you look stupid. But I love my people from everywhere :blessed:

Daps

'90s boom-bap is NOT the traditional east coast sound.

the south f*cks with '80s east coast hip-hop and is basically an off-shoot of it. they rock with east coast rappers who resemble it as well, either by sound or stylistically.

but yall gotta stop honoring these pimp c quotes just because he died. dude was just bitter because HIS music didn't pop off in the east coast. he even used to get upset when bun b would get call-ups and not him. that quote in the bolded is nothing but horse-chit.

most of the south & east coast are cousins as well.
moreso from places like florida, virginia, the Carolinas, etc
all black people with deep family roots in this country, have strong family ties to the south.

the east coast just alienated themselves from the rest of the country in the '90s with the daisy age, jazzamatazz & '90s boom bap. those sounds didn't really reasonate with the majority in other reasons. I made a whole thread about it last year and a lot of east coasters on here, got in their feelings.
pretty spot-on post.. :ehh:

theres alot of folks from the South(specifically Miss/Tenn area) whos roots are mainly in SoCal and Midwest area.. thats been a known fact.. but, no matter what region you from.. if you Black, your roots are directly from the South.. arguing about it, is pointless..

as for 90s hip-hop.. Jazzmatazz was a already popping in the UK, as well as the "Daisy Age" sound.. there, and Chicago tbh.. it was nothing but house music samples..

long story short- back in the day.. everybody listened to everything.. we all had the Box, Yo!, BET, etc.. you can turn on some Tribe, De la, Black Sheep, etc right now down South, and anybody over 35 gonna know that sh!t word for word..

just because there was some small group of people who claim they werent listening to whoever back then, doesnt speak for the majority..

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
:russ:So y’all never listened to run dmc, LL cool j, slick Rick ETC..? When BET was playing east coast music y’all just tuned out?:heh: But Mississippi is kind of different:whoa:, I’m not really talking about overall states :skip:, places that just got the internet :troll:But I feel what some of y’all are stating, I couldn’t name an artist from Mississippi (until David banner). Boosie only got play with wipe me down and it’s stopped ever since. Y’all legends really ain’t legends to us (like a pimp c, boosie, etc). What I don’t get is why y’all push this we didn’t listen to y’all especially when it’s “yeah, the entire Midwest or the entire south”). It does make you look stupid. But I love my people from everywhere :blessed:

Homie, its gonna sound like a joke, but cats where I was at didnt even like OutKast when SouthernPlayalistic came out. :mjlol: