"New Orleans Wasn't Messing with Jay Z, Cuz Tupac Said So"- Juvy

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
People today that weren’t around when Pac was cant understand. He was the people’s champ. When he said F BIG and all of them, fans and artists took that to heart. Like people related to Pac on a level that if he said someone was a punk, you believed him because he was an authentic artist, and was never gonna fake kiss peoples ass and people knew that about him.

Pimp C flat out said he wasn’t fukkin with Jay because Pac said fukk Jay Z and so off top Pimp didn’t trust Jay. Pimp gave him 8 bars and did his own video shoot lmao. And Pimp never did get his plaque for Big Pimpin.

Has Jay ever discussed getting dissed by Pac?
It’s a reason why they didn’t get a plaque

Don’t blame jay it was bun

The shyt with master p had literally happen like a while be4

Pimp learned his lesson if u can’t trust ya nikkas u was down with why trust outside nikkas

They did that shyt on consignment.. no royalties or nothing did it free .. pimp was hot about it

Jeezy did the same thing to them .. pimp was all bout I get u u get me back when I need u.. Jeezy sent a invoice .. when pimp wanted him

Daps
It’s a reason why they didn’t get a plaque

Don’t blame jay it was bun

The shyt with master p had literally happen like a while be4

Pimp learned his lesson if u can’t trust ya nikkas u was down with why trust outside nikkas

They did that shyt on consignment.. no royalties or nothing did it free .. pimp was hot about it

Jeezy did the same thing to them .. pimp was all bout I get u u get me back when I need u.. Jeezy sent a invoice .. when pimp wanted him

Ol friendly ass Bun...but even if they didn’t have their paperwork, that song was extremely valuable as far as name recognition so it wasn’t for nothing.

banner34

Superstar
Daps
Down south ppl werent really listenin to most East Coast

The main influence for Cash Money was NWA and Pac....

I remember BG saying he liked and respected Nas but he couldnt "feel"him.

There was just a synergy between West and the South....both regions are more about feel/emotion/directness rather than academic wordplay

I dont think Juvy was dissing Jay
In atl and Mia they was a little because they was always People from ny that lived in those cites

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD

'90s boom-bap is NOT the traditional east coast sound.

the south f*cks with '80s east coast hip-hop and is basically an off-shoot of it. they rock with east coast rappers who resemble it as well, either by sound or stylistically.

but yall gotta stop honoring these pimp c quotes just because he died. dude was just bitter because HIS music didn't pop off in the east coast. he even used to get upset when bun b would get call-ups and not him. that quote in the bolded is nothing but horse-chit.

most of the south & east coast are cousins as well.
moreso from places like florida, virginia, the Carolinas, etc
all black people with deep family roots in this country, have strong family ties to the south.

the east coast just alienated themselves from the rest of the country in the '90s with the daisy age, jazzamatazz & '90s boom bap. those sounds didn't really reasonate with the majority in other regions. I made a whole thread about it last year and a lot of east coasters on here, got in their feelings.

Which thread was it breh?

@ReallyReal

504 Soulja
Daps
Reppin
7th Ward Mind Frame
HKL
Money Cash Hoes
Money Ain’t A Thang
Can I Get A

To a lesser degree
nikka What nikka Who

Those were the songs that put Jay at the forefront. I’m very much aware NO had plenty going on at the time. None of those songs were in a DJs set club night? lol

Thats what Juvy was trying to explain, thats what the southern brothers in this thread tryna explain.......

No....No.....No.....No.....No......No.......No........No......No.......No......No......No.......No

Dog its New Orleans, our DJ's can play sets for 24-Hr straight and not play 1 Jay-Z song..........or Biggie song for that matter.....shyt even Tupac

U have to understand, its a regional thing......and music recently started to spread on that level.........

Nikkas didnt fukk with Jay-Z in New Orleans cuz we fukked with Pac........

SideNote: Nikkas didnt fukk with No Limit cuz we was fukking with CMR........ either we rock with you, or we dont.....and we didnt rock with Jay-Z

Nikka got love for Jay now, but the 90's come on man, nobody was fukking with Jay like in New Orleans, shyt our local rappers kept the city on fire....

Phantom Dreamer

All Star
Daps
This some true shyt i was down south a lot between 92-98 back when people really loved hip hop and if you went in a record store looking fo East Coast shyt you might not leave for 3 hours. Usually the nikkas that worked in those stores was locked in. Aint nothing like a east coast dude and a southern dude who both love hip hop talk that shyt back then. i found my best friend in the world like that we went to go see Belly in theater it was like 5 people in there now we both washed up in our 30's. Life is Cray and Hip Hop is forever

real shyt, i been in the South all my life. I WISH I knew a nikka I could discuss hip-hop and East Coast rap in-depth with IRL. Like some Pharoahe Monch or Liquid Swords shyt.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
Ol friendly ass Bun...but even if they didn’t have their paperwork, that song was extremely valuable as far as name recognition so it wasn’t for nothing.

big pimpin did nothing for UGK's careers.

they didn't gain any name recognition until years later when all the texas rappers blew up, name-dropping them in a goat-like manner, then the rest of the south started doing it.

Exlurkernegro

Judge me by my heart not my hairline
Daps
same in Texas

i was 10 years old, like fukk Biggie, JayZ, Nas, Mobb Deep

had no idea who them nikkas was

but Makaveli said fukk em so...:pacspit:

and then...

nikka what nikka who

jigga my nikka

money cash hoes

big pimpin

hey papi

blueprint...

:patrice:

sorry pac ....:manny:

I could see a child being influenced like this, but grown ass men tho?

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
I could see a child being influenced like this, but grown ass men tho?
we keep acting like thats crazy but we're on a forum where everyday you see nikkas dont fukk with one rapper or ball player because they stan another

jay said it himself

how many nikkas still dont fukk with Jay because of Nas?

there's an Ether day on here