"New Orleans Wasn't Messing with Jay Z, Cuz Tupac Said So"- Juvy

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
yeah, you asked what was the success rate of the artists I was listing to.

I’ll rephrase it then. What was the success rate of the cds people were buying vs the east coast rappers collecting dust?

Y’all announce that stuff as if it’s suppose to mean something when a majority of these rappers in other regions never got past their city or even had a National hit and mostly forgotten lol.

I highly doubt Jay Z, Nas, DMX and
Many other east coast artist are shedding tears about their music not getting play in some southern town lol.

Them dudes will sell out a show in any piece of real estate across the world.

:mjlol:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I’ll rephrase it then. What was the success rate of the cds people were buying vs the east coast rappers collecting dust?

Y’all announce that stuff as if it’s suppose to mean something when a majority of these rappers in other regions never got past their city or even had a National hit and mostly forgotten lol.

I highly doubt Jay Z, Nas, DMX and
Many other east coast artist are shedding tears about their music not getting play in some southern town lol.

Them dudes will sell out a show in any piece of real estate across the world.

:heh: but nobody is saying cats in the south not listening was making or breaking artists from other regions. Aint nobody acting like the south had some kinda no fly zone and was taxing nikkas.

Nobody in the areas I was at were really buying/listening to east coast shyt. It is what it is.

shyt, I don't know about them, but I don't look at it as a badge of pride or honor when I say nikkas from the south wasn't really fukking with the east coast, cause I was fukking with the east coast heavy.

old boy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn

'90s boom-bap is NOT the traditional east coast sound.

the south f*cks with '80s east coast hip-hop and is basically an off-shoot of it. they rock with east coast rappers who resemble it as well, either by sound or stylistically.

most of the south & east coast are cousins as well.
moreso from places like florida, virginia, the Carolinas, etc
all black people with deep family roots in this country, have strong family ties to the south.

the east coast just alienated themselves from the rest of the country in the '90s with the daisy age, jazzamatazz & '90s boom bap. those sounds didn't really reasonate with the majority in other regions. I made a whole thread about it last year and a lot of east coasters on here, got in their feelings.

i mean a lot of what you say is facts runny-ray. soulsonic force planet rock & planet patrol play at your own risk birthed miami bass booty music and the showboys drag rap birthed new orleans bounce music, we are their ancestors in that regard. we weren't always jazzy filtered bass lines and sp 1200 chopped drums with echoing horns. we used to use 808's, cowbells and embrace minimalist bounce like early mantronix fresh is the word for instance

what else shows how you're correct here is a nikka like Master P doing Thug Girl which of course was a remake of RUN DMC Dumb Girl. that was straight 808's. i'm sure they also rocked out to Cool J Going Back to Cali which was bass heavy too. same goes for Beastie Boys Brass Monkey. i think the alienation began about 1988 with the jungle brothers straight out the jungle which then birthed 1989 3 ft high and rising and 1990 people's instinctive travels. those albums were pretty much the foundation for 90's boom bap. no WAY southern nikkas were bumping them joints with the rare exceptions like currensy, jay electronica, phonte, ceelo, andre and them

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
:heh: but nobody is saying cats in the south not listening was making or breaking artists from other regions. Aint nobody acting like the south had some kinda no fly zone and was taxing nikkas.

Nobody in the areas I was at were really buying/listening to east coast shyt. It is what it is.

shyt, I don't know about them, but I don't look at it as a badge of pride or honor when I say nikkas from the south wasn't really fukking with the east coast, cause I was fukking with the east coast heavy.

Fair point. All I got from Juvy interview was that “New Orleans just liked Tupac”

And as always the coli will start writing a ducktale of paragraphs.

old boy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
oh and i almost forgot @Homeboy Runny-Ray NO WAY can Juve (as nice as he is) ever see this nikka Tupac lyrically.... are you serious right now?

but we'll just agree to disagree on that one :pachaha:

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
@Sweet Meat Chaucer @Taadow that goofy track “Hard Knock Life” probably got more love than any track that came out of y’all regions.

And I bet if Jay Z came to y’all regions and performed it now it would be sell out lol.

Your local artist would have had to book their show another day lmao.

"I don't give a fucc what you sold - that chit is trash"
- Prodigy

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
@Sweet Meat Chaucer @Taadow that goofy track “Hard Knock Life” probably got more love than any track that came out of y’all regions.

And I bet if Jay Z came to y’all regions and performed it now it would be sell out lol.

Your local artist would have had to book their show another day lmao.
:ld: catch feelings all u want

Like u produced his shyt:deadrose:

No at the time Jay Z wasn't getting much play and still dont

"Big Pimping" was the joint that nikkas was like:ooh:

And that was based off Pimp Cs verse and the fire ass beat

Yes a Jay Z show would have a full audience
But it would be mostly white people:ld:

fukk is u butt hurt about:ld:

We didn't expect yall to be bumping Cash Money in NY

We didn't give a fukk either:ld:

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
It has nothing to do with Pac /Jay Z. The south fukked with the west cuz of their beats. The east was that backpack / lyrics over beats shyt. Down here its all about the trunk. We do go alot of folks that loved east coast rappers but we played those cds at home or on the way to work lol. shyt got no play when you mobbing 4 deep or out on the town, the radio, or clubs.
:russ:

This thread really just proves how regional hip hop used to be. When me and my boys would ride out Mobb Deep was the perfect music for that to us. Five deep in a Cutlass blasting Drop A Gem On Em. We did love some down south shyt but like I said in a previous post we leaned more towards NY cuz were so close. I knew some older cats at the time who hated down south shyt becuz it was too simple for them. nikkas was rhyming like that in NY back in 85