"New Orleans Wasn't Messing with Jay Z, Cuz Tupac Said So"- Juvy

Daps
Lol

Wasn't Can I get A..on that album and Rush Hour the movie came out at the same time?? one of the biggest movies that year

That song was everywhere because of the movie..and Ja, kinda was the one that shined on that song

HKL
Money Cash Hoes
Money Ain’t A Thang
Can I Get A

To a lesser degree
nikka What nikka Who

Those were the songs that put Jay at the forefront. I’m very much aware NO had plenty going on at the time. None of those songs were in a DJs set club night? lol

Daps
Nah you reaching and not using common sense, nikkas in your region and the north in general had more money to spend for that type of shyt. You talkin like someone who doesn’t have roots in the south...

No use in using common sense with you New york cats, y’all too sensitive and emotional when people are telling you clowns what it was in the areas they grew up and have family in but y’all kno better than us :hubie:

I broke it down as simple as possible. I can’t slice a crumb for you my man lol

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they wasnt messing with Jay.. but, when Jay jumped on the Ha Remix, and didnt even ask them CMR dudes- they fell right in line and made it official because they clearly were fans.. :mjlol:

I always get confused about the origin of the “Ha” remix. Jay’s verse mentions Juvenile and Juvenile’s verse mentions Jay yet he always says Jay did the remix on his own.... so did Jay do a verse to the original Ha and Juv later added his new verses or is the story far fetched a little?

I’ve never heard a version of the Ha remix without the new Juvenile verses where he mentions Jay Z.... or did Jay hop on it and send it to them on his own? Lol

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
HKL
Money Cash Hoes
Money Ain’t A Thang
Can I Get A

To a lesser degree
nikka What nikka Who

Those were the songs that put Jay at the forefront. I’m very much aware NO had plenty going on at the time. None of those songs were in a DJs set club night? lol

Lol

I gave you Can I Get A..., those other songs, no...The beat aint making hoes dance..Back in the 90s, Everybody danced at the parties/clubs, none of that stuff that folks who go to parties and clubs do now, stand around and just listen to music and look like they're important.

If you wasn't dancing, you were considered a dayum lame and the club was wack,..and dudes who would not dance were not requesting the DJ's to play Money Cash and Hoes.
Chicks aint listen to Jay-Z or East Coast cats, so brehs down here listen to what chicks rocked to for the most...CMR, No Limit and other stuff that had a beat to it that made them dance..Jay wasn't that dude...Can I Get A..had a beat, thus me giving it a nod

Those songs ain't moving the needle in a club down south, those songs would probably be played early when the club just opening or something lol breh....That's what should make you understand that it's a different animal down south, when it comes to music..

Those songs, though, did start turning heads, I will say..but it didn't make folks go out and be like, man I need to really get on this Jay-z dude...right then and there..he won some folks now...but again, most were still like "man that's cool"

Shorty K

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Relevant to the the topic but Midwest had more of a connection with southern / west coast artists ( outside of local rappers ) in the 90s and 2000s

No limit, cash money, ugk, 8 ball / mjg, 3-6, Scarface got more play out here in Chicago than any east coast artists by far.

Don’t even remember local cats even making songs with with anybody other than down south artists tbh.

Disagree, Chicago fukked with everything since we're in the middle of the map.

X, Jay, Dips, Ja Rule, State Property, D-Block, Fab, Bad Boy, etc all was making noise during that time out here.

Daps
I’ll leave it at this...

It makes complete sense for southern nikkax to say a lot of east coast music wasn’t heard in their city because NYC for the most part refused to even acknowledge their existence as well

That ain’t rocket science kids. The problem is when certain artists regardless of their region sell millions of records on an album that’s a direct indication it’s now become a national thing

If P is 5 million sold and Make Em Say is the big song chances are they played it in NYC
If Juvy is 4 million sold and Back Dat Azz Up is the biggest song chances are they played it in NYC

Bout It Bout It, Down 4 My nikkaz etc...these songs got played. Were they played more than a Superthug, Still Not A Player Or Horse & Carriage or whatever was the hot east coast record at the time by mid tier guys? No...but they were still were played

Some of you guys...I think just have underlying issues or something which is cool too lol

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Disagree, Chicago fukked with everything since we're in the middle of the map.

X, Jay, Dips, Ja Rule, State Property, D-Block, Fab, Bad Boy, etc all was making noise during that time out here.

You conveniently skipped lil Wayne, Gucci and jeezy who probably had bigger runs out here individually then all New York artists combined...

It used to be a club event whenever them nikkas came to town in the late 2000s so nah and the dips and d block are in my top 5. Dips had the influence but none of them nikkas had the presence out here like them southern cats did

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
I'll leave it at this:

8-21 age range folks from down south in the 90s. No Internet, No car (for the most) probably had a radio setup in the room, or shared a room with siblings.

In the 90s what 8-18 year old girl or boy going to their parents, relatives asking them (who probably themselves don't listen to East Coast music) asking them to take them Circuit City or Peaches Record Store (oldest mom and pop record store in the world in New Orleans) asking for a Jay-Z or Redman or any East Coast cd, when all they would hear on the radio when riding in a car with their cousin, uncles, aunties, parents is music from the south or west coast, maybe Lil Kim or Foxy?? When you're riding with your uncles, and older cousins, that's in the age range of 17-25 do you really think they are listening to East Coast music.. So where are you playing this music at? in real time in 98 or 99.. A 14 year old girl, high school girl, is really walking into Circuit city asking for a Jay or any East Coast rapper Cd?? Let that sink in

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Great Migration. Mississippians went north to St. Louis, Illinios and Minnesota, etc, west of the Mississippi (arkansas, louisiana) went further west, forlks from Georgia went to Florida. Everyone else went to the "east coast"

9_011Mw.jpg
That's not too off. My people between SC and NYC. A big NY/SC connection back in the day

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
I'll leave it at this:

8-21 age range folks from down south in the 90s. No Internet, No car (for the most) probably had a radio setup in the room, or shared a room with siblings.

In the 90s what 8-18 year old girl or boy going to their parents, relatives asking them (who probably themselves don't listen to East Coast music) asking them to take them Circuit City or Peaches Record Store (oldest mom and pop record store in the world in New Orleans) asking for a Jay-Z or Redman or any East Coast cd, when all they would hear on the radio when riding in a car with their cousin, uncles, aunties, parents is music from the south or west coast, maybe Lil Kim or Foxy?? When you're riding with your uncles, and older cousins, that's in the age range of 17-25 do you really think they are listening to East Coast music.. So where are you playing this music at? in real time in 98 or 99.. A 14 year old girl, high school girl, is really walking into Circuit city asking for a Jay or any East Coast rapper Cd?? Let that sink in
Lol me and everybody I knew I had tv and “the box” and BET played them east coast artist artist. I was 8 when money ain’t a thang drop and I remember that video and jay verse like the back of my hand.

My older brothers played “where I’m from” daily on the way to school in our tape player and later our CD players

Of course cash money was majorly what we listen to, along with no limit around the time but they wasn’t the only thing at all.

shyt Mac had me and my brothers listening to Nas in 97-98 when he said he was his favorite rapper

Juvie is right tho, he definitely help jay for sure, but to act like he was unknown is stupid tho

Hard knock life, can I get a, money cash hoes was all getting play along with all dmx shyt