New "Matrix" Trilogy Being Prepped by Wachowskis

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Man yall nikkas TRIPPIN...this shyt gonna kill at the box office. I never understand why they wait so long tho, shyt is guaranteed money. If i had a series like Star Wars or the Matrix i'd be cakin off that shyt so hard, i'd release a new movie every damn year lol

I feel you but Lucas made that Blueprint of waiting years to drop Prequels. Then Jackson did it 9 years later with the Hobbit Series. Now They are doing The Matrix 13 years after "Reloaded and Revolutions". It makes sense. The only reason I feel it's finally true this time is there has been zero denials by Keanu, Lawrence or the Wachoski's. Other times statements were released immediately. So after "Jupiter Ascending". We are getting another Matrix film. Damn. It's smart to wait a decade to come back.

The hate the sequels got has gone down as The Matrix Trilogy has been a staple on television marathons and home video sales. Worldwide it's huge. Again I feel it should be half Prequel, Half Neo Rescue. In the prequel we could see how Morpheus was saved. But don't get it twisted. The Wachoski's have been getting paid of the "The Matrix Trilogy" something huge. Keanu is worth 100's of millions and it's mostly from his salary from The Matrix.

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
I feel you but Lucas made that Blueprint of waiting years to drop Prequels. Then Jackson did it 9 years later with the Hobbit Series. Now They are doing The Matrix 13 years after "Reloaded and Revolutions". It makes sense. The only reason I feel it's finally true this time is there has been zero denials by Keanu, Lawrence or the Wachoski's. Other times statements were released immediately. So after "Jupiter Ascending". We are getting another Matrix film. Damn. It's smart to wait a decade to come back.

The hate the sequels got has gone down as The Matrix Trilogy has been a staple on television marathons and home video sales. Worldwide it's huge. Again I feel it should be half Prequel, Half Neo Rescue. In the prequel we could see how Morpheus was saved. But don't get it twisted. The Wachoski's have been getting paid of the "The Matrix Trilogy" something huge. Keanu is worth 100's of millions and it's mostly from his salary from The Matrix.

I feel you and i agree with the hate dying down some but i also think haters gon hate, regardless. I feel like Lucas was a fool to wait so long to restart Star wars up because he could have died at any point and the franchise as well as the money would have been left in others hands who might have done a worse job with it or worse not have done shyt with it at all. All the money he made is nice but he could have made more if he'd have done it like they do with Star Trek...continual movies and tv shows and just keep expanding the stories and the universe. Now that Disney has the rights to Star Wars they are doing it exactly that way in my opinion... just get some stuff out there cuz ppl are such huge fans it won't do anything but make money.

I just think time is something you don't get back so you should always go full steam on something so wildly successful and profitable. I was bullshytting on the every year thing but every other year or so i think would have been fine to minimize over-saturation and maximize profitability.

A.V.

reTIreMEnt: THE ALBUM (01/22) ALL DSPs
Daps
Reppin
#AnyCityGang
one of the brothers is now a woman..

Lana-vs-Larry-Wachowski.jpg

:mjlol:

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
The problem the Wachowskis faced is that the first Matrix is one of the greatest films ever made. So, everything else pales in comparison in that universe, and that they've done elsewhere. Hell, Reloaded is a very good movie in its own right. They were more heavy handed with the philosophical underpinnings in that movie than the original, and I think that lost some people. But, it's definitely a quality sequel. Revolutions sucked, but that's another matter.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The problem the Wachowskis faced is that the first Matrix is one of the greatest films ever made. So, everything else pales in comparison in that universe, and that they've done elsewhere. Hell, Reloaded is a very good movie in its own right. They were more heavy handed with the philosophical underpinnings in that movie than the original, and I think that lost some people. But, it's definitely a quality sequel. Revolutions sucked, but that's another matter.
to me Reloaded was more enjoyable than the original. to this day the scene that starts here

and transitions into the freeway chase is one of the greatest action set pieces i've ever seen in a movie. that sequence alone shyts on the first movie in its entirety.

I really hate prequels. if the story is that interesting then start it at that point don't start in the middle then hit the end and go back to the beginning. the actual Matrix Trilogy doesn't even have a defined ending. they left it open so they could continue the store in that online game that flopped and got shut down a while ago. i remember that game had a story arc related to what happened to Neo after the machines took his consciousness and what happened to his body.

Last edited:

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
to me Reloaded was more enjoyable than the original. to this day the scene that starts here

and transitions into the freeway chase is one of the greatest action set pieces i've ever seen in a movie. that sequence alone shyts on the first movie in its entirety.

I really hate prequels. if the story is that interesting then start it at that point don't start in the middle then hit the end and go back to the beginning. the actual Matrix Trilogy doesn't even have a defined ending. they left it open so they could continue the store in that online game that flopped and got shut down a while ago. i remember that game had a story arc related to what happened to Neo after the machines took his consciousness and what happened to his body.

Yeah, the action in Reloaded was some other shyt. I didn't like some of the CGI, though. Morpheus damn near cutting that SUV in half on the freeway was: :wow:.

irishfury

Get Money Gang
Daps
All I know is day one I will be at the theater with 3-d glasses on :popcorn:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Why? shyt was all over the place.
the entire movie was based on the shyt that the asian chick was preaching and all of the stories and the way they tied together played into it, i thought it was very well written with everything connecting perfectly as far as timelines are concerned

I wouldn't mind seeing a prelude on how shyt outside of the matrix got like that in the first place and the story of the first group of people who broke out :ehh:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
So I just watched the whole trilogy and The Animatrix. Anyone saying there is no where else to go are kidding themselves. This universe is beyond huge. There is more story to tell.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
So I just watched the whole trilogy and The Animatrix. Anyone saying there is no where else to go are kidding themselves. This universe is beyond huge. There is more story to tell.
Revolutions ended they war between the machines and humans. The only thing it really lacked was an epilogue to show how the world was after the truce. It wasn't the closure people wanted but it did end things. To make sequels they'd have to force it. On the other hand to make prequels is easy because prequels are basically just filler between points in the backstory.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
You see the thing about Episode VII next year is that I could just kinda go into it and pretend the prequels never happened.

But it's gonna be real hard to pretend that Reloaded and Revolutions don't exist. No matter what they do at this point the main story is ruined. The only feasible option is to tell another story within The Matrix separate from the one we already saw without Neo, Morpheus and Trinity.