New "Matrix" Trilogy Being Prepped by Wachowskis

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
You see the thing about Episode VII next year is that I could just kinda go into it and pretend the prequels never happened.

But it's gonna be real hard to pretend that Reloaded and Revolutions don't exist. No matter what they do at this point the main story is ruined. The only feasible option is to tell another story within The Matrix separate from the one we already saw without Neo, Morpheus and Trinity.

How is that even possible, to do it for one series but not the other?

Daps
Reppin
NYC
How is that even possible, to do it for one series but not the other?

The prequels aren't canon to me just like Reloaded and Revolutions aren't canon to me.

But chronologically the next Star Wars is a sequel to ROTJ, so chances are the story will be able to stand on it's own without having any link to the events that occurred during the prequels.

But if there's another Matrix movie, I'm gonna assume it takes place sometime after Revolutions. So that means it's gonna take place in a world where those movies actually happened.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Revolutions ended they war between the machines and humans. The only thing it really lacked was an epilogue to show how the world was after the truce. It wasn't the closure people wanted but it did end things. To make sequels they'd have to force it. On the other hand to make prequels is easy because prequels are basically just filler between points in the backstory.

wasnt that wack ass world of war craft rip off game supposed to continue the story? did it ever get released?

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
The prequels aren't canon to me just like Reloaded and Revolutions aren't canon to me.

But chronologically the next Star Wars is a sequel to ROTJ, so chances are the story will be able to stand on it's own without having any link to the events that occurred during the prequels.

But if there's another Matrix movie, I'm gonna assume it takes place sometime after Revolutions. So that means it's gonna take place in a world where those movies actually happened.

That just doesn't make sense to me. But good luck with that bruh.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
That just doesn't make sense to me. But good luck with that bruh.

:what:

What doesn't make sense about it?

You don't need to watch the PT in order to understand what's goin on in the OT because the OT stands on it's own. People were watching the OT for almost 20 years before the PT ever existed.

The ST is the sequel to the OT. As long as there aren't any direct prequel references in any of the films, you won't have to watch the PT before you do the ST either. So if you really wanted to, you could carry on like they never happened.

Sure they had me really invested for a few years but the huge drop in quality and the complete lack of spirit kinda kept it from living up to the Star Wars name and so for that I could never truly accept it as Star Wars lore. Lookin back on the PT now it was a nice little accessory to the OT and it was a fun little "what if" kinda scenario but it's not what I envision in my head when I watch the original films and the characters are out there talking about the past.

It's like when nikkas just got up and wrote a new testament even though there was already an old testament. If you're a christian you believe in both but if you were a jew it was like "nah nikka you could have your book too if you want we dig the whole jesus story but you don't expect to us to believe that shyt right?" :yeshrug:

Hopefully the ST could be the spiritual successor to the OT like we all hope it is so that Star Wars can finally move FORWARD.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
It has little to do with the topic, but seeing how the trilogy ended, can anyone still blame Cypher for betraying Morpheus? :russ:

Yeah, Neo ended the war but that doesn't change the horrible fact that they live in a world with a covered sky. They're stuck with darkness and "...a single celled protein combined with synthetic aminos, vitamins, and minerals. Everything the body needs." to eat for the rest of their peaceful existence... fukk that. :deadrose:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
what is this statement in reference too?
Merovingian (the French villain) said that Neo wasn't the first The One he has dealt with. I think he said predecessors and implied that he had multiple ones killed. I'm not sure about that last part. It's been awhile and I'll have to look it up.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Merovingian (the French villain) said that Neo wasn't the first The One he has dealt with. I think he said predecessors and implied that he had multiple ones killed. I'm not sure about that last part. It's been awhile and I'll have to look it up.
I knew that but what is your statement pertaining to, u didnt quote any post u just threw this out there.Are you saying this is what a prequel can be based on? cuz I think it was explained in the scene with neo/architect that whilst neo wasnt the only one the previous ones were all neos

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I knew that but what is your statement pertaining to, u didnt quote any post u just threw this out there.Are you saying this is what a prequel can be based on? cuz I think it was explained in the scene with neo/architect that whilst neo wasnt the only one the previous ones were all neos
That post was supposed to be directed towards the OP since he just mentioned The Architect and not Merovingian who mentioned multiple Ones before him. I wasn't pointing out that a prequel could be based off of that. It could but I believe Agent Smith said that the previous versions of the Matrix looked kind of cheap.

RAX 010

NYG LWO METS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
EAST✈WEST
Is the Original Author Sophia Stewart involved in these projects?

sophiastewart1.jpg