New gen console and game issues. (Buy a warranty for now)

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

:hhh:

jokes aside tho it did make me check the return/warranty process for the PS5...bestbuy allows me to return it up until 1/16/21 (amazon also has a generous return policy)...sony offers a one year warranty and my cc offers an addition year...fwiw I generally have good luck with electronics plus I take great care of my shyt...my PS4 pro is the only console/device I’ve ever had die on me and that shyt happened like 4 years after I bought it so warranties were irrelevant at that point

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
I think the problem is with Miles Morales. Everything I've played has been flawless with the exception of Spiderman.

I had 3 crashes once at the beginning of the Rhino and Peter Parker sequence I had the worst crash everything froze PS button wasn't working and went into a black screen. I tried waiting it out and decided to hit the power button. The system then ran the checks on the SDD and external HDD and reported the crash. Another later on in the game I think it was when I first ran into the Tinkerer the game stopped and booted me to main PS5 interface reported the error and the last one randomly while I was swinging around the city again booted me into the main PS5 Interface and reported the error.

This hasn't happened with any of the other games that I've played. I Finished Spiderman but i won't be playing it anymore until they patch the console and the game.

Last edited:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I think the problem is with Miles Morales. Everything I've played has been flawless with the exception of Spiderman.

I had 3 crashes once at the beginning of the Rhino and Peter Parker sequence I had the worst crash everything froze PS button wasn't working and went into a black screen. I tried waiting it out and decided to hit the power button. The system then ran the checks on the SDD and external HDD and reported the crash. Another later on in the game I think it was when I first ran into the Tinkerer the game stopped and booted me to main PS5 interface reported the error and the last one randomly while I was swinging around the city again booted me into the main PS5 Interface and reported the error.

This hasn't happened with any of the other games that I've played. I Finished Spiderman but i won't be playing it anymore until they patch the console and the game.
Why although disappointed, I didn't bytch about Halo getting delayed.

Sony stans bragging like crazy only to have their shiny "new" exclusive bricking their machines.

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
Why although disappointed, I didn't bytch about Halo getting delayed.

Sony stans bragging like crazy only to have their shiny "new" exclusive bricking their machines.
What you mean? I’m not disappointed at all I’m actually happy with both the sX and the PS5. I’ve had minor issues that firmware updates can and will fix.

Daps
:hhh:

jokes aside tho it did make me check the return/warranty process for the PS5...bestbuy allows me to return it up until 1/16/21 (amazon also has a generous return policy)...sony offers a one year warranty and my cc offers an addition year...fwiw I generally have good luck with electronics plus I take great care of my shyt...my PS4 pro is the only console/device I’ve ever had die on me and that shyt happened like 4 years after I bought it so warranties were irrelevant at that point
I'm trying to figure out if Target allows you to add warranty after the fact
Probably not :francis:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
What you mean? I’m not disappointed at all I’m actually happy with both the sX and the PS5. I’ve had minor issues that firmware updates can and will fix.
Disappointed Halo got delayed. I love SX otherwise

• Dap
Reactions: x2y

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
check your credit card you may as well be covered for an extra year or two