New gen console and game issues. (Buy a warranty for now)

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Tried to turn my PS5 on and it said it didn't turn of rest mode properly. Nearly had a heart attack but there was a power outage while I was sleep.

All is good but I'm going to need to cop a battery backup :francis:

My Series X does NOT like being plugged into a battery backup. It’ll make a loud buzzing noise when I play optimized games while plugged into it.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
If you buy a console second hand and it bricks can you return it, or do you have to go through the person you got it from?
Microsoft assigns the warranty by when the console was sold. I bought a broken original Xbox One off someone on Craigslist years ago for $70. It was still under warranty when I registered the serial. No proof of purchase was needed and I sent it to them and they repaired it. I don't know how Sony handles that. Might require proof of purchase from an authorized retailer.

Edit: I looked it up and at least on the PS4 Sony requires proof of purchase from an authorized retailer for warranty so all these people buying second hand PS5s for $900+ are likely not covered under the warranty if it breaks.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Microsoft assigns the warranty by when the console was sold. I bought a broken original Xbox One off someone on Craigslist years ago for $70. It was still under warranty when I registered the serial. No proof of purchase was needed and I sent it to them and they repaired it. I don't know how Sony handles that. Might require proof of purchase from an authorized retailer.

Edit: I looked it up and at least on the PS4 Sony requires proof of purchase from an authorized retailer for warranty so all these people buying second hand PS5s for $900+ are likely not covered under the warranty if it breaks.

You good for the first year of its existence. It was like that for the PS4, 2, 3.

Afterwards with no proof of purchase :patrice:

I always buy the store extended warranty regardless on anything over 300.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Tried to turn my PS5 on and it said it didn't turn of rest mode properly. Nearly had a heart attack but there was a power outage while I was sleep.

All is good but I'm going to need to cop a battery backup :francis:

My Series X does NOT like being plugged into a battery backup. It’ll make a loud buzzing noise when I play optimized games while plugged into it.
Cop a Cyberpower True Sine Wave UPS. You won't have any of these issues. Solid as a rock. The cheaper Simulated Sine Wave ones can give you issues with picky equipment.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Going to check my credit card, but can you buy a warranty if purchased directly from Sony?

Or is Squaretrade my only option?

I’m shook to death to unbox my ps5