New cars are such a ripoff

YvrzTrvly

All Star
Daps
Had a new car once. 2007 Nissan Murano. Rides smooth but brakes down a lot.

But I love not have car payment too much to finance again.

Looking at 2015 RX 350s. Just looking for the right color combo and features to come along and pick one up (silver exterior, light gray or tan interior, AWD, driven in a non-salt belt state and no accidents).

Others I have seen are going for around $18-22k. Never thought I'd spend 20 grand on a used car but I think this will be worth it.
At that price range if you aren't sitting in city traffic I'd look in 460s. Maybe mid gen before they did the larger grille facelift.

These have a 25 year service interval compared to the 10 on the RX

My point is a 125k mile 460 is going to last longer than a 50k mile RX.

My 04 has 177 and I have an 07 with 30k. I'm set for life with vehicles at the moment

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
At that price range if you aren't sitting in city traffic I'd look in 460s. Maybe mid gen before they did the larger grille facelift.

These have a 25 year service interval compared to the 10 on the RX

My point is a 125k mile 460 is going to last longer than a 50k mile RX.

My 04 has 177 and I have an 07 with 30k. I'm set for life with vehicles at the moment
I live right outside Washington DC and work in DC so I am in city/suburban traffic most of the time.

I saw the 460 and both GX and RXs are considered midsize but the GXs have 3 rows when I'd rather have just two.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I agree with the premise of this thread. You're better off buying the same car used with low mileage.

Never bought new and probably never will unless I get so rich it doesn't matter.
How are you better off?

Daps
i don't consider myself a superficial or materialistic person but i got a new rover a few months ago and it made me so happy lol
i like riding in it, being outside more, looking into it's care and accessories, and talking about it (i probably posted about it 100 times on here lol). i love it
so you see... the value here is not just about what's written on a carfax. it's also about what it brings me personally. I believe that's called "instrumental value"
but before that i had my jeep since like....2009. so i get the whole cheapskate thing. i still have it in case shyt hits the fan with the rover :yeshrug:

Last edited:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I was really excited when Acura was relaunching the brand......use to whip 1 back in the day......

checked out the new ones and the prices.....yea they were overpriced like a MF for what they were :francis:

didn't even have the 90s nostalgia look either.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
New cars are such bullshyt like gaming these days.

All sevices for some brands now come with a subscription service..you have to pay monthly for heated seats, navigation and some other amenities..
Id prefer now to seek out a great vintage, then add my own digitial tech for convenience then call it a day.

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
www.carfax.com/blog/car-depreciation/
If something loses 10% of its value just by you owning and using it once it was never worth the asking price to begin with.

I'm not sure I'll ever buy a brand new car in the face of that.
Cars are terrible investments. You pay $40k for something that’ll be worth $20k 2-4 years later.

Unless you coppin a Porsche… but nah cars are terrible.

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
Yeah all that depreciation shyt is a joke. Why the fukk would I buy a used car with 30k miles for the same price as a new one :what:
because it's brand fukking year , has a 5 year 60k mile warranty, brand new parts. Dont have to worry about car fax, buying tires, a battery etc, Those lil charges start adding up. It all comes down to if you can't afford a new car our not. But no way i would ever choose a used car if i can afford a brand new one