New cars are such a ripoff

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
I was really excited when Acura was relaunching the brand......use to whip 1 back in the day......

checked out the new ones and the prices.....yea they were overpriced like a MF for what they were :francis:

didn't even have the 90s nostalgia look either.

You don't like em?

Now nothing will compare to the Legend.

The TLX,MDX Are hard to me

Daps
I agree with the premise of this thread. You're better off buying the same car used with low mileage.

Never bought new and probably never will unless I get so rich it doesn't matter.
Depends on the savings.

If you buy low-mileage used and the differential versus new is significant enough, it's worth it. The question is, how much of a discount would someone want to go from buying brand new to buying a car with say 20k miles?

The only difference to me is that the used car costs less but will need routine maintenance sooner...so the money you save on a car note will be partially offset (though not totally) by additional trips to the mechanic, sooner after you've purchased the ride.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
How are you better off?

Better off financially.

Because you would be paying significantly less for basically the same car.

Depends on the savings.

If you buy low-mileage used and the differential versus new is significant enough, it's worth it. The question is, how much of a discount would someone want to go from buying brand new to buying a car with say 20k miles?

The only difference to me is that the used car costs less but will need routine maintenance sooner...so the money you save on a car note will be partially offset (though not totally) by additional trips to the mechanic, sooner after you've purchased the ride.

Agreed, but if you find something with low mileage (say under 20K) I doubt the maintenance costs will be much more than a new one unless it's a shytty car.

Bought a Civic a couple years ago with about 45K miles, put another 15K on since and I haven't had to do anything beyond oil changes.

Last edited:

YvrzTrvly

All Star
Daps
I live right outside Washington DC and work in DC so I am in city/suburban traffic most of the time.

I saw the 460 and both GX and RXs are considered midsize but the GXs have 3 rows when I'd rather have just two.
Just for your Info dude yea it's got a third seat in theory but you'd have to be 3 foot 2 to fit back there. I've taken both sets out of both my gx because they are pointless.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
People in here saying a car isn't an investment, as if they drive them until they have to be scrapped in the junkyard and buried. :mjlol:
90% of you are going to end up re-selling your car at some point and you know it. That makes it an investment.
The other 10% only don't end up selling because they totaled it before it could happen.
Certain vehicles maintain their value stronger than others, others depreciate more quickly. You buy a big ass truck in 2014 , some cac is still going to pay you a nice stack for it 2024 so he can offroad and go hunting with it. You buy a compact ford fiesta in 2014, you be lucky to get $800 for it in 2024.
Meaning if you are in the market for a fiesta, you might as well buy it used.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
People in here saying a car isn't an investment, as if they drive them until they have to be scrapped in the junkyard and buried. :mjlol:
90% of you are going to end up re-selling your car at some point and you know it. That makes it an investment.
The other 10% only don't end up selling because they totaled it before it could happen.
Certain vehicles maintain their value stronger than others, others depreciate more quickly. You buy a big ass truck in 2014 , some cac is still going to pay you a nice stack for it 2024 so he can offroad and go hunting with it. You buy a compact ford fiesta in 2014, you be lucky to get $800 for it in 2024.
Meaning if you are in the market for a fiesta, you might as well buy it used.
that's why i said...
you should treat a new car just like an investment; better to lease than to own
:mjgrin: