New cars are such a ripoff

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Exactly. A brand new car with a warranty >>>> a used car.
Unless that used car is a Lexus or Toyota.

I'm about to get a used Lexus at some point. The 10-year-old cars are going for like $18 to $22,000. But I'm still getting it because it'll last me another 10 years at least.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Unless that used car is a Lexus or Toyota.

I'm about to get a used Lexus at some point. The 10-year-old cars are going for like $18 to $22,000. But I'm still getting it because it'll last me another 10 years at least.
My friend about to buy a used Lexus.

I want another Jeep or a 4Runner next.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I probably should have stuck to my principles here. I just felt like I’ve never owned a brand new car in my entire life so I’ll do it once. I bought the car in March it’s June and it’s lost over $3500 in value with just 2700 miles on it. Granted I put down $19K and financed $8000 so I’ll never be upside down. Doesn’t help that somebody hit my shyt a few weeks after I got it and I had to pay almost $1600 to restore it no normal condition.

Got it out of my system. Don’t think I’ll be doing this again. I basically just burned that cash for nothing and honestly I knew better.
The value you speak of isn’t real value

Economics doesn’t work like that

Daps
You buy a new car from a reliable manufacturer and then drive it until the wheels fall off.

Keep up with maintenance and take care of it. These modern rides can last as long as the ol skool rides but you gotta maintain them and be willing to drive the same ride instead of flipping up to a fancy ride in 3 years. Lease cars if you just wanna drive something new more frequently.

DPeezy

Rookie
Daps
I probably should have stuck to my principles here. I just felt like I’ve never owned a brand new car in my entire life so I’ll do it once. I bought the car in March it’s June and it’s lost over $3500 in value with just 2700 miles on it. Granted I put down $19K and financed $8000 so I’ll never be upside down. Doesn’t help that somebody hit my shyt a few weeks after I got it and I had to pay almost $1600 to restore it no normal condition.

Got it out of my system. Don’t think I’ll be doing this again. I basically just burned that cash for nothing and honestly I knew better.

Unless you plan to sell the car right after buying it, the diminished value shouldn't matter. And you said you got hit, don't you have insurance? You paid 1600 out of pocket?

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos

Had a new car once. 2007 Nissan Murano. Rides smooth but brakes down a lot.

But I love not have car payment too much to finance again.

My friend about to buy a used Lexus.

I want another Jeep or a 4Runner next.

Two Lexus from 03 and 04 running BRAND fukkIN NEW.

Shout out to the 120 series
Looking at 2015 RX 350s. Just looking for the right color combo and features to come along and pick one up (silver exterior, light gray or tan interior, AWD, driven in a non-salt belt state and no accidents).

Others I have seen are going for around $18-22k. Never thought I'd spend 20 grand on a used car but I think this will be worth it.

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood

Bruh..

Knowing your shyt will start with no fukkkng issues is a plus..